Who Are God's Elect People?

ttruscott

Salvation by grace through faith is not salvation by works. Get it right. As Patrick Jane said in another thread, Israel is the elect of God!

Israel is only Israel that is the sinful but good (elect) seed, the people of the kingdom sown into the world by the Son of Man.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The words "predestinate" "predestinated" only appear in the New Testament 4 times. None of the 4 words are associated with anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. The 4 words do not appear in the Old Testament at all.

We know that God chose the nation of Israel and the Jewish people. We also know that God chose patriarchs, prophets, apostles and most of all Jesus Christ. Whenever God chose some one it was for a purpose. We must conclude that there is no predestination without a purpose. The reason that God chose certain people was because God was bringing forth a nation and a people from whom the savior of the world would come. This was God's program. Some of the people that God elected to be in the line from which Christ was to come through can be found in Matthew 1:1-17.

All of God's elected people in the Bible were instrumental in being part of the line from which Christ was to come. The emphasis in the Old Testament was not that they had been chosen. The emphasis was that they had faith and believed in God's promise of a savior. If you would like to know what some of these elected people did by faith, read Hebrews chapter 11. The word "Faith" appears in the 11th chapter of Hebrews 22 times. There is no boasting that they were the elected or chosen ones.

God was very protective over the line from which Christ was to come. I believe that was the reason for the flood and the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. He was preserving the line from which Christ was to come. The law was also a keeper of the Jews until Christ should come. After Jesus arrived the law had served its purpose and was abolished.

The whole purpose of predestination and election of some certain individuals has been fulfilled in Jesus Christ. There is no purpose in anyone being elected today. The elect today are those that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Faith in what? Faith that you have been predestinated? I hardly think so. Saving faith is always faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus for your sins and your justification.

If you want to prove that you are one of God's chosen ones then your emphasis should be on Jesus Christ and his Gospel. The apostles did not try to impress people that they had been chosen. Their message was... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
Great post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andyc

The words "predestinate" "predestinated" only appear in the New Testament 4 times. None of the 4 words are associated with anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. The 4 words do not appear in the Old Testament at all.

This is inaccurate. What you understand as predestination is actually predetermination.
Paul said that God chose us from the foundation of the earth. Therefore if I was chosen from the foundation of the earth, I was always destined to be in Christ. What is questionable is whether or not God determined whether his children would be saved.
I believe I was predestined according to foreknowledge. It's like when you see a ship sail off into the horizon, and you don't know where its going. But if you were elevated to a place where you could see where its heading, you would know it's destined course.
This is what happens with God concerning our lives. However, here's the shocker for you. If God chose us before the foundation of the world, then it is a fact that he knew there would be multitudes who wouldn't know him, and would go to hell. He knew it before they were born, and yet he didn't prevent their birth. There are people who can't handle this fact, and so they've invented open theism to try and feel better about it.

We know that God chose the nation of Israel and the Jewish people. We also know that God chose patriarchs, prophets, apostles and most of all Jesus Christ. Whenever God chose some one it was for a purpose. We must conclude that there is no predestination without a purpose. The reason that God chose certain people was because God was bringing forth a nation and a people from whom the savior of the world would come. This was God's program. Some of the people that God elected to be in the line from which Christ was to come through can be found in Matthew 1:1-17.

Every believer is chosen (Eph 1:4).

All of God's elected people in the Bible were instrumental in being part of the line from which Christ was to come. The emphasis in the Old Testament was not that they had been chosen. The emphasis was that they had faith and believed in God's promise of a savior. If you would like to know what some of these elected people did by faith, read Hebrews chapter 11. The word "Faith" appears in the 11th chapter of Hebrews 22 times. There is no boasting that they were the elected or chosen ones.

God was very protective over the line from which Christ was to come. I believe that was the reason for the flood and the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. He was preserving the line from which Christ was to come. The law was also a keeper of the Jews until Christ should come. After Jesus arrived the law had served its purpose and was abolished.

The whole purpose of predestination and election of some certain individuals has been fulfilled in Jesus Christ. There is no purpose in anyone being elected today. The elect today are those that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Faith in what? Faith that you have been predestinated? I hardly think so. Saving faith is always faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus for your sins and your justification.

If you want to prove that you are one of God's chosen ones then your emphasis should be on Jesus Christ and his Gospel. The apostles did not try to impress people that they had been chosen. Their message was... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Every believer understands that, the gospel is the power of the salvation that his children were predestined to enter into.

beloved57

Gods Elect People are Christ and His Church. You cant say Christ is Gods elect without including His Church that He is the Head of. Theres no such thing as Christ without His Body, since Hes the Head of it ! 1 Cor 12:12

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Eph 5:30-32

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

So once its acknowledged that Christ is Gods elect, as the poster did here

pate:

We know that God chose the nation of Israel and the Jewish people. We also know that God chose patriarchs, prophets, apostles and most of all Jesus Christ.

We must acknowledge that His Church, all of His Members are elect, for God chose them in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

Nanja

Gods Elect People are Christ and His Church. You cant say Christ is Gods elect without including His Church that He is the Head of. Theres no such thing as Christ without His Body, since Hes the Head of it ! 1 Cor 12:12

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Eph 5:30-32

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

So once its acknowledged that Christ is Gods elect, as the poster did here

pate:

We must acknowledge that His Church, all of His Members are elect, for God chose them in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

Amen Brother!

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus is the savior and redeemer of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

It is God's will that all believe on his Son and be saved, 2 Peter 3:9.

To not believe on God's Son is to sentence your self to eternal damnation. Calvinism is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel.

beloved57

Jesus is the savior and redeemer of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

It is God's will that all believe on his Son and be saved, 2 Peter 3:9.

To not believe on God's Son is to sentence your self to eternal damnation. Calvinism is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel.

False comments !

Nanja

Your cause dishonors God and insults Jesus Christ.

It's dishonoring to Christ when you say that He died for the sins of all humanity, when the scriptures explicitly teach that He died for the sins of His Sheep John 10:11, 15. But that all the rest, the goats, He did not die for their sins because we know that they were condemned already John 3:18, 36; already cursed, and that they shall go into the second death:

Mat. 25:31-34, 41
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [The Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim. 1:9]
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Listen to this Pate:

Mat. 7:21-23, 46
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Those that shall go into everlasting punishment are those the devil sowed into the world, the non-elect, the tares Mat. 13:38-39:

Rev. 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
It's dishonoring to Christ when you say that He died for the sins of all humanity, when the scriptures explicitly teach that He died for the sins of His Sheep John 10:11, 15. But that all the rest, the goats, He did not die for their sins because we know that they were condemned already John 3:18, 36; already cursed, and that they shall go into the second death:

Mat. 25:31-34, 41
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [The Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim. 1:9]
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Listen to this Pate:

Mat. 7:21-23, 46
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Those that shall go into everlasting punishment are those the devil sowed into the world, the non-elect, the tares Mat. 13:38-39:

Rev. 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

~~~~~

I didn't say that Jesus died for the sins of humanity. I was just telling you what the Bible says. The Bible clearly says that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

You don't believe that, which means that you don't believe that Jesus is Lord.

Now if you don't believe that Jesus is Lord you are in serious trouble. Because that means that you are not a Christian. You are phony baloney.

beloved57

I didn't say that Jesus died for the sins of humanity. I was just telling you what the Bible says. The Bible clearly says that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Now if you don't believe that Jesus is Lord you are in serious trouble. Because that means that you are not a Christian. You are phony baloney.

You teach that those who Christ died for, shed His Blood for, still wind up lost in their sins, that is denying Christ as the Saviour.

chair

" Who Are God's Elect People?"

The answer to this is simple: "We are- you aren't"

This works well for nearly everybody- except for Christians. They have a small problem in that they've borrowed another group's holy books. So it requires some intellectual gymnastics to deal with holy books that call another group "chosen".

So it goes.

God's Truth

God chooses and elects those who believe and obey Jesus.

That is whom God accepts.

Acts 10:35 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

Nanja

The "World", [kosmos; G2889] the collection of particulars that God Gave His Only Son for, the Lord Jesus Christ, to be Saviour of, shed His Blood for Rev. 1:5 consists of His Sheep.

John 10:11, 15
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And He rose again as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep.

Heb. 13:20
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

All the sins of the Sheep have been forgiven them Eph. 1:7; Col. 2:13 in Christ's Name 1 John 2:12!

The same are The Elect The Father had chosen In Union with Christ to be Holy and Without Blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-7; Rom. 4:8 before the foundation.

And the sames ones make up Christ's Church Eph. 5:25, the Body of Christ Rom. 12:5; 1 Cor. 12:12: The People Christ came to Save Mat. 1:21 both jew and gentile, The Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:8; Heb. 2:16 from all the nations of the world Dan. 7:14 which were redeemed from among men Rev. 14:4 And these all make up Spiritual Israel:

Is. 45:17
But Israel [The Chosen Seed Gal. 3:16, 29; God's Elect 1 Pet. 1:2] shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

~~~~