White Lives Matter

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've missed that old avatar- was just thinking about it yesterday.
It always comes back. I just change it every now and then (cause I'm so diverse :p ).

And yeah; I remember that remark by Obama.

The one that was leaked to his great embarrassment - that remark he made in private :chuckle:
Wasn't in private. I watched him say it during a speech on TV.

At the same time; having had personal experience with the very types he'd been referring to;
That would be me.

I had to agree.
You're so intolerant of others.

Lol, I can still remember the bullets wizzing past my head, lol

In hindsight; a hilarious moment - especially the image of them coming back all piled into the back of a pick truck :rotfl:

The "get a rope!" types :D
Sounds like some wanna-be urban cowboys.
I laugh at them too.

My bullets wouldn't have missed your head.
qdraw.gif

And I put a saddle horn on the top of my cane so I could keep my roping skills sharp.
cowgirl.gif

But I do drive a pickup.
It's bright red, so you can see me coming and get the hell out of the way.
road-rage.gif

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not here at TOL.
We talked about his politics.
I hated his politics and agenda for America.
Had nothing to do with skin color.

Oh brother.
I remember well his negative comment about Americans that cling to their bibles and guns.

Where's my old avatar .....

View attachment 25427

This old Sissy is proud to be one that clings to her bible and gun.
Obama can stuff it.
Good riddance.

Good post-Tam. I placed that Knucklehead, Danoh on "EGGNORE" awhile back. Whatever he comments on isn't worth the time it takes to post a comma.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Go back to when Obama first ran for office - the exact same deplorables came out of the woodwork from all over North America upset over "a black man."

The "n" word was everywhere...24/7/365...

which "n" word?

"n"o experience?
"n"o qualifications?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I remember well his negative comment about Americans that cling to their bibles and guns.
No, you don't. You remember a "Chinese Whisper/Telephone" game of the comment and it's one reason it's good for all of us to keep quotes handy. Our bias will tend to distort the truth. It's human nature. For instance, it's likely that your disdain for Obama has led you to buy into the Muslim nonsense, if not whole hog and rationally, then at the back of your process. Why? Because you substituted "Bible" for "religion" in the actual quote.

Then you did it again:

This old Sissy is proud to be one that clings to her bible and gun.
Here's the actual quote in its full, irritating display of feathers:
You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

It was a sophomoric way to say it, but he's speaking about people who need to feel a sense of collective strength and who have watched the promises of "fixers" come and go while it dwindled. They will tend to lean on collective institutions and look for a boogeyman to serve as the culprit. That boogeyman may take the form of a conspiracy of people (new world order) or a race, a religious group, a political ideology, but it's human nature to put a face on their frustration.

Here's what he had to say about the response later,

"...the underlying truth of what I said remains, which is simply that people who have seen their way of life upended because of economic distress are frustrated and rightfully so. People feel like Washington's not listening to them, and as a consequence, they find that they can only rely on the traditions and the things that have been important to them for generation after generation. Faith. Family. Traditions like hunting. And they get frustrated."

Obama's problem was that like many intellectuals he did and likely does look down on the little guy a bit. Even if it's not a conscious bias, it's in play, the way a lot of people have a less than willfully directed, deliberate racist attitude, while holding demonstrably hostile assumptions about those outside their own. The same hostility you can observe within divergences relating to faith and between differing religions. It's a reason for everyone to really reflect on what they believe and how they speak to it.​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For one that prides himself on reading between the lines, TH must have left his reading glasses at home.

America was founded on Christian principles OF THE BIBLE.
It was THE BIBLE that authorities were required to swear upon when taking office.

He certainly wasn't talking about Satanism or Islam

Not to mention that guns and religion are two of the things the Constitution gives us the right to cling to, and he spoke as if those Constitutional rights were a hindrance to his perverted view of "progress".

Wake up, TH.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For one that prides himself on reading between the lines, TH must have left his reading glasses at home.

America was founded on Christian principles OF THE BIBLE.
It was THE BIBLE that authorities were required to swear upon when taking office.

He certainly wasn't talking about Satanism or Islam

Not to mention that guns and religion are two of the things the Constitution gives us the right to cling to, and he spoke as if those Constitutional rights were a hindrance to his perverted view of "progress".

Wake up, TH.

Amen, Tam. TH is a classical Liberal.

Arthur Brain

It was a legal ordinance at the time.
Do you support breaking legal ordinances?

I'd support opposition to any law that infringes on the basic human rights of people or treats citizens as inferior simply because of their skin. Thankfully such asinine laws have been dismantled and Denzel Washington can go to any cinema he likes by way of...

Reactions: Lon

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd support opposition to any law that infringes on the basic human rights of people or treats citizens as inferior simply because of their skin. Thankfully such asinine laws have been dismantled and Denzel Washington can go to any cinema he likes by way of...
That ordinance went bye-bye.
It's gone.
Been gone for many many years.
So what's the problem now?

musterion

Lon, not saying that he never went to college, although there are some who were at the school at the time he was supposed to be there who swear they never saw him. My point is that his transcripts, unlike W's, have never and will never be released. I believe it's because he is a manufactured persona, 'raised up' by the Left to do exactly what he did...an unassailable (per PC) hired gun. And also not particularly bright.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Because denying others the same based on skin colour is treating them as inferior.

This is a famous classroom experiment, in which kids were relegated to higher or lower status, based on their eye color. Of significance is what the kids say about how they felt, such as feeling like something wasn't worth trying, because of the weight of their (temporary) lower social standing. It's 12 minutes, well worth the time:

The compositions
that the children wrote about the experience were printed in the Riceville Recorder on page 4 on April 18, 1968, under the headline "How Discrimination Feels", and the story was picked up by the Associated Press. Because of the Associated Press article, Elliott was invited to appear on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. After she spoke about her exercise in a short interview segment, the audience reaction was instant as hundreds of calls came into the show's telephone switchboard, much of it negative.

An often-quoted letter stated, "How dare you try this cruel experiment out on white children? Black children grow up accustomed to such behavior, but white children, there's no way they could possibly understand it. It's cruel to white children and will cause them great psychological damage."