White Lives Matter

ClimateSanity

Were whites treated as only one-half a person under the law; made to sit on the back of the bus...etc. Such has brought us to the point we are at....do you actually deny blacks a reason for bitterness and resentment?

I don't deny the reason for bitterness, but if you give a damn about improving your life and getting beyond the vicious circle, then putting aside your bitterness and resentment is essential.

ClimateSanity

And there's an argument in the community about its use within that community. But you're still not a part of it or entitled to it.
Town

I don't have to be a part of the community to rightly condemn it's use within that community. The people in that community affect my life and the encouragement of gang mentality only serves to affect me in a negative way.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
black/african immigrants to the us:

timingentryblacks.gif

none of them have ancestors who were oppressed by those horrible white americans

quip

BANNED
Banned
I don't deny the reason for bitterness, but if you give a damn about improving your life and getting beyond the vicious circle, then putting aside your bitterness and resentment is essential.

I don't totally disagree here...though are many afforded an equal oportunity in this traditionally white dominated culture? Many at the low end of the spectrum don't seem to be represented equally.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Take a long hard look at Donald Trump's appointees and advisers - if you were an African American would have any faith that your best interests were being represented?

ClimateSanity

black/african immigrants to the us:

timingentryblacks.gif

none of them have ancestors who were oppressed by those horrible white americans

My wife's ancestors fought other African tribes and sold the POWs to other African tribes and European nations. In fact it was a holding center for slaves before they were out on ships.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't totally disagree here...though are many afforded an equal opportunity in this traditionally white dominated culture? Many at the low end of the spectrum don't seem to be represented equally.

i taught for two years in an urban school
then i taught for three years in an adjacent suburban school

the urban school spent $15600/year/student
the suburban school spent $13800/year/student

the urban school always scored dead last in achievement among the 431 upstate ny public school districts
the suburban school always scored in the top 5%

you're right, they weren't represented equally
the urban district got 13% more money

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
They tend to be a touch thick about this concept. I've yet to discern whether it's feigned ignorance...or rather they come about it naturally.
I bet this is one time they won't think to use the "choice" argument.

I suspect many are simply galled to be denied access and control. There are posters around here that respond the same way to being banned from threads.

I mean, why else would they want it if black people don't want them to use it? Why should a reminder of how low Western culture sank in the morass of inhumanity and degradation be a sore point as a point of access? The answer is obvious, it shouldn't be. I'd understand white people scratching their heads over black people inviting it into their discourse and many blacks have a problem with it even within the community, but if ever there was a time where feeling left out should feel good and opting in should raise fundamental questions about motive this would be it.

ClimateSanity

I don't totally disagree here...though are many afforded an equal oportunity in this traditionally white dominated culture? Many at the low end of the spectrum don't seem to be represented equally.

They are not represented equally and the reason for that is the lack of a nuclear family in large part. Lack of assimilation into the dominant white culture is another. This may be rude but your chances of landing a good job and moving up the career ladder are greatly hindered if you wear gold teef and wear your pants below your underwear. To be successful, you have to have the attitude of success. If you don't think you stand a chance in a white dominated world, your future will likely follow your thinking. Other blacks have succeeded in a white dominated culture not to mention other races.

ClimateSanity

i taught for two years in an urban school
then i taught for three years in an adjacent suburban school

the urban school spent $15600/year/student
the suburban school spent $13800/year/student

the urban school always scored dead last in achievement among the 431 upstate ny public school districts
the suburban school always scored in the top 5%

you're right, they weren't represented equally
the urban district got 13% more money

These districts may be getting more money but quality teachers refuse to teach in these minority districts because of crime and attitude of the parents.

quip

BANNED
Banned
They are not represented equally and the reason for that is the lack of a nuclear family in large part. Lack of assimilation into the dominant white culture is another. This may be rude but your chances of landing a good job and moving up the career ladder are greatly hindered if you wear gold teef and wear your pants below your underwear. To be successful, you have to have the attitude of success. If you don't think you stand a chance in a white dominated world, your future will likely follow your thinking. Other blacks have succeeded in a white dominated culture not to mention other races.

It's a classic two pronged dilemma. The resentment leads to an unwillingness to lie prostrate to a system/culture which traditionally bought and sold you as chattel ....likewise, this reluctance to conform leads to culturally prescribed denigration lending itself to more resentment. And around we go!