ECT Where is the Kingdom of God?

achduke

The scapegoat takes away the sins.

Leviticus 16:21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

Leviticus 16:22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

Shall I say, "as far as the east is from the west".

You are right. The Lords goat is a sin offering. The other (Azazel ?) takes away the sin.

SaulToPaul 2

You are right. The Lords goat is a sin offering. The other (Azazel ?) takes away the sin.

I believe they both represent the LORD Jesus.

My point was that John the Baptist didn't necessarily know that the LORD was going to die, when he proclaimed him as the Lamb of God.

achduke

I believe they both represent the LORD Jesus.

My point was that John the Baptist didn't necessarily know that the LORD was going to die, when he proclaimed him as the Lamb of God.

I think the scapegoat may represent Azazel. Also I think the sin offering may be for unintentional sin but I have to study some more.

Danoh

You question my motive even though anyone reading this thread can see that the only motive you have displayed is an attempt to assassinate my character. I will no longer respond to anything which you say.

What character?

Well, you are some character; that's for sure.

And never mind that you began the assassination with your Neo-Mid-Acts accusations.

But...

...remember; you have just given your word you will no longer respond to my posts.

Wouldn't want you to assassinate your character, now.

Oh, happy day - free of Jerry's baiting - eat your heart out Glorydaze :banana:

Cross Reference

Those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, receive life when they are born of God:

Receiving then becomes the issue, doesn't it.

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

Take note: the word "might". Why doesn't it say "will".

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

. . . and he who does believe, ____ will!!

glorydaz

What character?

Well, you are some character; that's for sure.

And never mind that you began the assassination with your Neo-Mid-Acts accusations.

But...

...remember; you have just given your word you will no longer respond to my posts.

Wouldn't want you to assassinate your character, now.

Oh, happy day - free of Jerry's baiting - eat your heart out Glorydaze :banana:

Haha....I beat you to it. Friday last. :rotfl:

You knew that the subject we have been discussing was in regard to being "dead to sin" and not in regard to being "dead in sin." Despite this you decided to try to pull off a little fraud so that others reading this thread might think that you won the argument!

From now own I will no longer discuss any subject with you. As far as I am concerned the ONLY thing you are interested in is winning an argument--no matter what!

You are a sad case who is in need of professional help.

Jerry Shugart

. . . and he who does believe, ____ will!!

These words cannot be misunderstood by anyone with an open mind:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

Of course these words do not say, "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ might be born of God."

And that is why you said nothing about that verse.

Now let us look at this verse again:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that (hina) believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

Here the mood of the Greek word translated "ye might have" is the subjunctive. And the Greek word translated "that" is hina.

With that in mind read what is said here about the Greek word hina is used with the subjunctive:

"One particle that is often used with the subjunctive is the particle 'hina.' When 'hina' is used with the subjunctive, the mood changes from one of possibility or probability, to one of purpose or result. It appears from the evidence of the New Testament that 'hina' clauses (as such constructions are called) are not intended to imply uncertainty, even though they use the subjunctive mood, which, when used alone or with other particles, can indeed convey uncertainty" (Dr James White, Alpha and Omega Ministries).​

Interplanner

Faith is by nature fragmented and piecemeal. "I believe Lord, help me in my unbelief." What matters is the object. Faith is only as good as its object. We are saved by works; the perfect works of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul did preach the kingdom of Heaven and he did water baptise
Paul was also sent NOT to baptize.
1Co 1:14-17 KJV I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; (15) Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. (16) And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other. (17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
Paul received revelation from God that superseded earlier revelation. That is the way that then entire Bible and time-line of the world works. God did NOT reveal everything thousands of years ago. He reveals some things at one time and some things later.
Heb 1:1-2 KJV God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, (2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
This is also why Paul frequently uses "BUT NOW", like this:
Rom 3:19-26 KJV Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. (20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. (21) But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (22) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 17:21 Modern English Version (MEV)

21 Nor will they say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ For remember, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Jerry Shugart

Faith is by nature fragmented and piecemeal.

Not my faith. If that is what you think that true faith is then you do not have true faith. True faith is described in the following way:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb.11:1).​

My faith can be described as the "evidence" of things not seen. And that is explained by the fact that my faith stands in the power of God:

"That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God" (1 Cor.2:5).​

The LORD has given me an understanding of these things and it is obvious that you have not received the same understanding:

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:20).​

If you had true faith then you would have the evidence of things not seen. But by the way you describe "faith" it is evident that you do not have the evidence of things not seen:

Faith is by nature fragmented and piecemeal.

If I were you I would throw away all your books on preterism and start afresh and study the gospel of grace. Otherwise, your so-called faith will never save you.

Jerry Shugart

Jesus is the Lamb of God. The Lamb was going to be sacrificed for the forgiveness of sins. There is nothing else John could have been talking about.

That does not answer the fact that Peter used the present tense.

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (Jn.1:29).​

This cannot possibly be speaking of the Lord Jesus' death because that death did not take away the sins of the world. Here is what the Lord said:

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:24).​

It is only those who "believe" who have their sins remitted or taken away:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).​

Sir Robert Anderson writes the following about the meaning of John 1:29:

"This is not translation merely, it savours of exegesis. 'Who beareth the sin of the world' is what the Baptist said. His words were not a prophecy of what Christ would accomplish by His death, but a statement of what He was in His life. Mark the present tense, 'Who is bearing'. And while the word used in 1 Peter 2:24, and in kindred passages, is a sacrificial term, we have here an ordinary word for lifting and carrying burdens. When the Lord sighed in healing the deaf mute by the Sea of Galilee Mark 7:34, and when He groaned and wept at the grave of Lazarus, He took upon Himself, as it were, the infirmities and sorrows which He relieved, and made them His own" (Anderson, Types in Hebrews, [Kregel Publications, 1978], p.52).​

God's Truth

The scapegoat takes the sins away.
Not the sacrificial goat.

John says Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb who takes away sins. Why are you arguing about that?

Exodus 29:38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old. 39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight. 40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering. 41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

42 “For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the tent of meeting, before the Lord. There I will meet you and speak to you;

God's Truth

That does not answer the fact that Peter used the present tense.

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (Jn.1:29).​

This cannot possibly be speaking of the Lord Jesus' death because that death did not take away the sins of the world. Here is what the Lord said:
What! Jesus' death did not take away the sins of the world?

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:24).​

It is only those who "believe" who have their sins remitted or taken away:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).​

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world! Why won't you believe the truth?

We have to believe that Jesus' blood cleans us from all sins.

Jesus is the one who forgives.

Jerry Shugart

Luke 17:21 Modern English Version (MEV)

21 Nor will they say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ For remember, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Do you really think that the Lord Jesus was telling the Pharisees that? Here is the correct translation:

"nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst" (Lk.17:21; NIV).​

The kingdom of God was in their midst only in the sense that the King was standing right in front of them. The kingdom was not literally on the earth because it is obvious that not everyone on the earth at that time was born of God:

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" (Jn.3:3-5).​

God's Truth

This cannot possibly be speaking of the Lord Jesus' death because that death did not take away the sins of the world.

I can hardly believe you said that.

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24.

Through the sacrifice of Jesus, he gives to all those that come to him freedom from the guilt, power, and punishment of sin. See Hebrews 10:4; 1 Corinthians 15:56; See 2 Peter 2:9.

Through Jesus, we have grace from God and love. Jesus puts us into perfect holiness, joy, and fellowship with himself and the Father. See Hebrews 10:10; Hebrews 1:9; 2 Corinthians 13:14.

Through Jesus’ death we are reconciled to God. See Romans 5:10.

Jesus appeared so that he might take away our sins. See 1 John 3:5.

God sent his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. See Romans 8:3.

An offering for the sins of His people. See Hebrews 10:5.

The LORD has made his life a sacrifice for our wrongdoings. See Isaiah 53:10.

It was the LORD’s will to crush him with suffering. See Isaiah 53:10.

Christ, who knew no sin of his own became sin for believers, so they, who have no righteousness of their own, are made the righteousness of God through Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

“And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. See Hebrews 10:17.

God gives us this through Jesus Christ, “where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.” See Hebrews 10:18.

Jesus bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. See Isaiah 53:12

Jesus Christ once for all has made us holy through the sacrifice of his body. Hebrews 10:10.

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. See Colossians 1:19-21.