Where Is Mother Teresa Now?

God's Truth

Off to the country.

Ecc 12:6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
It does not say what you think.

Do you think Jesus was alive when He was dead?

Do you think He went back to God when He died?

LA

You misunderstand Ecclesiastes.

Psalm 104:29
You hide Your face, they are dismayed; You take away their spirit, they expire And return to their dust.

Job 34:14
"If He should determine to do so, If He should gather to Himself His spirit and His breath,

Job 34:15
All flesh would perish together, And man would return to dust.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where Is Mother Teresa Now?

I never heard of her preaching the good news of her salvation, and her website, obviously maintained by others, says nothing. I have no evidence that she placed her trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and his finished work at the cross.

andyc

I never heard of her preaching the good news of her salvation, and her website, obviously maintained by others, says nothing. I have no evidence that she placed her trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and his finished work at the cross.

I heard that she did nothing but collect guns, smoke cigars, and sit on the internet all day mocking everyone who disagreed with her.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You misunderstand Ecclesiastes.

Psalm 104:29
You hide Your face, they are dismayed; You take away their spirit, they expire And return to their dust.

Job 34:14
"If He should determine to do so, If He should gather to Himself His spirit and His breath,

Job 34:15
All flesh would perish together, And man would return to dust.

It has never happened yet.

LA

God's Truth

You must learn to read.

In is not with.

LA

Those two words do not change anything. You even used a scripture about Elisha's bones that you do not understand.

I guess you really think that a spirit is not actually IN their dead bones but near them.

Either way, what you say is not in the scriptures.

WeberHome

Re: Where Is Mother Teresa Now?

-
Critics like Christopher Hitchens typically focus upon Teresa's missionary practices. Well; in my opinion, a focus in that direction is entertaining but not all that useful in a study of Christianity. I chose to focus upon the supernatural aspects of Teresa's religion instead because it's the supernatural aspects that matter the most; for example:

John 14:23 . . Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

Did Jesus and his Father make their dwelling with Teresa and express their love for her in ways she could understand and appreciate? No; that poor woman endured virtually five decades yearning for even the slightest glimmer of their presence.

And then there's this too:

1John 1:3 . .What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; for our fellowship is with the Father and with His son, Jesus Christ.

Teresa's fellowship with the Father and with His son Jesus Christ wasn't even marginal; it was non-existent.

And these:

John 14:16-18 . . I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Rom 8:16 . .The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Teresa longed and longed for a connect with Christ and his Father in the manner described in those two passages but it never happened; which gives me a strong reason to suspect that Teresa didn't make it to safety when she passed on.

Rom 8:9 . . You are in the Spirit, if only the Spirit of God dwells in you. Whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Now, of course an irreligious critic like Hitchens wouldn't be interested in the supernatural aspects of Teresa's religion because it's all just myth and hocus pocus to guys like him. But those of us serious about connecting with Christ and his Father would quite naturally be very interested because in the backs of our minds we all fear the event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 and the possibility of facing death akin to a foundry worker falling into a vat of molten iron.

/

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But those of us serious about connecting with Christ and his Father would quite naturally be very interested because in the backs of our minds we all fear the event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 and the possibility of facing death akin to a foundry worker falling into a vat of molten iron.

You need not fear, the Father is not calling everyone at this time. Be patient.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those two words do not change anything. You even used a scripture about Elisha's bones that you do not understand.

I guess you really think that a spirit is not actually IN their dead bones but near them.

Either way, what you say is not in the scriptures.

2Ki 13:20 And Elisha died, and they buried him. And the bands of the Moabites invaded the land at the coming in of the year.
2Ki 13:21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

LA

God's Truth

2Ki 13:20 And Elisha died, and they buried him. And the bands of the Moabites invaded the land at the coming in of the year.
2Ki 13:21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

LA

That scripture does not say Elisha's spirit was in his bones. Did you forget that you said the spirit is not IN the bone. Make up your mind.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Did a lot of Chinese people repent? Did a lot of Eskimos repent? How about those in North and South America, did they know to repent?

You quoted what Luke said out of context, right?

God's Truth

Did a lot of Chinese people repent? Did a lot of Eskimos repent? How about those in North and South America, did they know to repent?

They will have to repent in the afterlife if they did not in this life.

WeberHome

Re: Where Is Mother Teresa Now?

-
Here's a supernatural aspect of Christianity that isn't talked about much.

Rom 8:15 . . For you have not received a spirit of slavery again to fear; but you have received a spirit of adoption, whereby we call out: Abba, Father!

Abba is an Aramaic word. It refers to one's male parent but not as an ordinary noun. It's a filial vocative.

For example: When my son points me out to one of his friends and says "That's my dad over there." he's not using dad as a vocative. But when he shouts "Hey dad, I'm over here!" then he's using dad to get my attention. That's a vocative.

Rom 8:15 is saying that the spirit of adoption compels "we" to call out to a father rather than a mother. So then, people who feel compelled to call out to Jesus' mom instead of his Father, are not the Father's children because the spirit of adoption would never compel them to do that.

The spirit of adoption, as it turns out, is the spirit of God's son.

Gal 4:6 . . As proof that you are children, God sent the spirit of His son into our hearts, crying out: Abba, Father!

The spirit of His son compels the Father's children to pray to Jesus' Father, never to his mother because Jesus was not in the habit of praying to his mother; rather, he prayed to his Father. So then, people compelled by the spirit of His son will address their prayers to Jesus' Father same as he did, and this is the "proof that you are children". Ergo: people in the habit of praying to Jesus' mom evidence the fact that they are not the Father's children.

What does that tell us about Mother Teresa and her devotion to Jesus' mother? Well obviously the reason she was in the habit of addressing prayers to Mary was because she didn't have the spirit of His son in her heart; and Teresa knew it too.

"The place of God in my soul is blank-- There is no God in me-- He is not there-- God does not want me"

People lacking the spirit of His son are not His son's sheep.

Rom 8:9 . . If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

/

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They will have to repent in the afterlife if they did not in this life.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
Eze 18:5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
Eze 18:6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
Eze 18:7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;
Eze 18:8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,
Eze 18:9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
Eze 18:5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
Eze 18:6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
Eze 18:7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;
Eze 18:8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,
Eze 18:9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 18:10 If he beget a son that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doeth the like to any one of these things,
Eze 18:11 And that doeth not any of those duties, but even hath eaten upon the mountains, and defiled his neighbour's wife,
Eze 18:12 Hath oppressed the poor and needy, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lifted up his eyes to the idols, hath committed abomination,
Eze 18:13 Hath given forth upon usury, and hath taken increase: shall he then live? he shall not live: he hath done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon him.