Where are the Fossilized Remains of Millions of Humans from the Flood?

Jose Fly

Giant shrimp about 3' long (1 meter) are dated at 515 myo by evolutionists. (Anomalocarus)...

Notice what he is really saying.....*THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THE EYE EVOLVED.

This is what's so entertaining about creationists. We've already been over this, yet here you are repeating the same falsehoods (it's not a shrimp and he didn't say there was no evidence for eye evolution).

The first time you said those things we could say it was merely a mistake. But now? Well, I think you know what that makes you.....

Interplanner

Kdall writes:

Because you don't know that there aren't marine fossils on all mountain ranges. The Cascades, for example, weren't made by uplifting continental shelf. They are volcanic. And so no fossils.

Because you don't know that mountains don't just have marine fossils on them; they are often made of marine fossils. Limestone mountains are composed of the fossils of marine organisms. How did ocean bottom get up there? The process is still going on.

The Himalayas, for example, are still rising as India moves north against the Asian plate. The former continental shelves were pushed upward as the collision proceeded and the mountains formed of the former coastal shelves.

This is what he meant when he pointed out your ignorance.

You've demonstrated that you understand neither of those.

Sorry, God doesn't say that the entire Earth was covered. He says that the "land" (eretz) was covered. "Eretz" is the word used to describe the historic area of Israel.

And not only do we have abundant evidence for that on mountains, we are able to observe the process continuing today.

It doesn't. You've just re-interpreted scripture to fit your own desires.

re eretz covered
You've missed something here, Barbarian. A couple things.

1, Noah was not before or after in the 'eretz Israel area. The account begins over in modern Iraq at least. It ends in modern Turkey. There are some studies on a local major flood.

2, there are major flood accounts from all over the world. In the NW US, there is a Klamath account of a wise archer who was so skilled he shot arrows quickly into the sky and 'wove' a raft to survive with his immediately family and some animals. That's from the southern Oregon area. Go figure. There is no connection at all to Anglos and Bibles as far as when this account originated.

6days

This is what's so entertaining about creationists. We've already been over this, yet here you are repeating the same falsehoods (it's not a shrimp....
Oh dear... Biblical creationists continue to school evolutionists :devil:
First top predator was giant shrimp with amazing eyes
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn21251-first-top-predator-was-giant-shrimp-with-amazing-eyes/

Fossilised eyes of the giant shrimp-like Anomalocaris
http://www.earthtimes.org/nature/ey...edator-anomalocaris/1694/#hADxqZtF7MOgt2Gq.99

Cambrian Predator with Superb Vision...An international team of palaeontologists has discovered the fossilized eyes belonging to an ancient giant shrimp-like marine creature
http://www.sci-news.com/paleontology/cambrian-predator-with-superb-vision.html

Jose Fly

Sheesh 6days, I already showed you that Anomalocaris isn't even in the same taxonomic class as shrimp. I've got news for ya....magazine articles using the phrase "shrimp-like" don't trump that.

Unbelievable.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I've asked you this many a time, but you always shy away from answering. What is the highest level of education that you took a course in biology or genetics? Or hell, let's throw in geology, archaeology, and paleontology too. Any of those

Appeal to accomplishment is a genetic fallacy wherein Person A challenges a thesis put forward by Person B because Person B has not accomplished similar feats or accomplished as many feats as Person C or Person A.

As a testimony to your illogic, here is a list of people you may have heard of who never finished school:

George Washington ​President of the United States
Abraham Lincoln ​​President of the United States
Harry Truman ​​President of the United States
Grover Cleveland ​​President of the United States
Zachary Taylor ​​President of the United States
Andrew Johnson ​​President of the United States
John Glenn ​​​Astronaut, U.S. Senator
Barry Goldwater ​​U.S. Senator
Benjamin Franklin ​​U.S. Ambassador
Winston Churchill ​​Prime Minister of England
John Major ​​Prime Minister of England
Robert Frost ​​Poet
Florence Nightingale ​Nurse
Buckminster Fuller ​Futurist and Inventor
George Eastman ​​Founder of Eastman Kodak
Ray Kroc ​​​Founder of McDonald’s
Dave Thomas ​​Founder of Wendy’s
Ralph Lauren ​​Fashion designer and Entrepreneur
Doris Lessing ​​Nobel Prize recipient in Literature
George Bernard Shaw ​Playwright
Peter Jennings ​​News anchor for ABC
Christopher Columbus ​Explorer
TD Jakes ​​​Pastor
Joel Osteen ​​Pastor
John D. Rockefeller ​Founder of Standard Oil
Karl Rove ​​​Presidential advisor
Ted Turner ​​Founder of CNN
Quentin Tarantino ​Movie director
Peter Jackson ​​Movie director (Lord of the Rings)
Mark Twain ​​Author
Leon Uris ​​​Author
Carl Bernstein ​​Washington Post reporter
Carly Fiorina ​​CEO of Hewlett Packard
Charles Dickens ​​Author
Andrew Carnegie ​​Industrialist
William Faulkner ​​Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winner
Li Ka Shing ​​Wealthiest man in Asia
Richard Branson ​​Founder of Virgin Atlantic Airways and Virgin Records
Enzo Ferrari ​​Founder of Ferrari
Henry Ford ​​Founder of Ford Motor Company
J. Paul Getty ​​Founder of Getty Oil
Jack London ​​Author
Larry Ellison ​​Founder of Oracle
Tom Anderson ​​Founder of MySpace
Mark Zuckerberg ​​Founder of Facebook
Steve Jobs ​​Founder of Apple
Steve Wozniak ​​Founder of Apple
Bill Gates ​​​Founder of Microsoft
Paul Allen ​​​Founder of Microsoft
Ringo Starr ​​Beatle

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Appeal to accomplishment is a genetic fallacy wherein Person A challenges a thesis put forward by Person B because Person B has not accomplished similar feats or accomplished as many feats as Person C or Person A.

Shh. George. Don't point out their irrational nonsense. They have to have something to say. :shut:

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Oh dear... Biblical creationists continue to school evolutionists :devil:

I noticed that once again you have refused to answer my very simple question of what level of schooling you received your last class in the natural sciences. I can only assume you're scared to answer because you haven't had one last the high school, or perhaps the junior high level.

Would that be a correct statement? It would certainly explain your incompetence in discussing the issues

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

As a testimony to your illogic, here is a list of people you may have heard of who never finished school:

George Washington ​President of the United States
Abraham Lincoln ​​President of the United States
Harry Truman ​​President of the United States
Grover Cleveland ​​President of the United States
Zachary Taylor ​​President of the United States
Andrew Johnson ​​President of the United States
John Glenn ​​​Astronaut, U.S. Senator
Barry Goldwater ​​U.S. Senator
Benjamin Franklin ​​U.S. Ambassador
Winston Churchill ​​Prime Minister of England
John Major ​​Prime Minister of England
Robert Frost ​​Poet
Florence Nightingale ​Nurse
Buckminster Fuller ​Futurist and Inventor
George Eastman ​​Founder of Eastman Kodak
Ray Kroc ​​​Founder of McDonald’s
Dave Thomas ​​Founder of Wendy’s
Ralph Lauren ​​Fashion designer and Entrepreneur
Doris Lessing ​​Nobel Prize recipient in Literature
George Bernard Shaw ​Playwright
Peter Jennings ​​News anchor for ABC
Christopher Columbus ​Explorer
TD Jakes ​​​Pastor
Joel Osteen ​​Pastor
John D. Rockefeller ​Founder of Standard Oil
Karl Rove ​​​Presidential advisor
Ted Turner ​​Founder of CNN
Quentin Tarantino ​Movie director
Peter Jackson ​​Movie director (Lord of the Rings)
Mark Twain ​​Author
Leon Uris ​​​Author
Carl Bernstein ​​Washington Post reporter
Carly Fiorina ​​CEO of Hewlett Packard
Charles Dickens ​​Author
Andrew Carnegie ​​Industrialist
William Faulkner ​​Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winner
Li Ka Shing ​​Wealthiest man in Asia
Richard Branson ​​Founder of Virgin Atlantic Airways and Virgin Records
Enzo Ferrari ​​Founder of Ferrari
Henry Ford ​​Founder of Ford Motor Company
J. Paul Getty ​​Founder of Getty Oil
Jack London ​​Author
Larry Ellison ​​Founder of Oracle
Tom Anderson ​​Founder of MySpace
Mark Zuckerberg ​​Founder of Facebook
Steve Jobs ​​Founder of Apple
Steve Wozniak ​​Founder of Apple
Bill Gates ​​​Founder of Microsoft
Paul Allen ​​​Founder of Microsoft
Ringo Starr ​​Beatle

When you find me one person with scientific credibility who didn't take at least an undergraduate class, let me know. In fact, most of the people on your list here did just that. I never asked 6days if he graduated from college, but simply what the highest level was that he took a class in one of the natural sciences. But, go ahead and keep on believing that under-qualified, under-educated people in their respective fields (YEC scientists are among these, overwhelmingly) are who you should trust

I just noticed Ringo Starr on the list lol. Why did you stop there? There are hundreds of musicians that have no higher education. They're all experts in science right?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Sheesh 6days, I already showed you that Anomalocaris isn't even in the same taxonomic class as shrimp. I've got news for ya....magazine articles using the phrase "shrimp-like" don't trump that.

Unbelievable.

What do you think the odds are that 6days even knows what a taxonomic class is?

Psst....GeorgeAffleck, this kind of thing is EXACTLY why I asked 6days if he'd ever had an advanced science course. It matters

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

Unbelievable.

Interesting though that Anomalocaris means "abnormal shrimp". You would think that the guys who actually went on past primary school would have not thought of something more...um...appropriate.

Like Notacaris or Shrimpbutnotreally. Or how about Mock Shrimp - that would appeal to drop-outs who had to settle for being a chef. Counterfeitocaris - unschooled bankers would like that. Makebelievacaris would be a Disney favourite.

Can anyone think of any others?

CherubRam

Over the years more than 6000 human fossils have been discovered. It is my opinion that not all of them are human. http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fossils

A 2.8 million-year-old jawbone may be the oldest human fossil in existence, according to two papers published simultaneously in Science. Researchers now suspect that Homo (the genus that includes modern humans) dates back at least 400,000 years earlier than previously thought

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.

Cross-FS.jpg

CherubRam

Dating the Cambrian

Radiometric dates for the Cambrian, obtained by analysis of radioactive elements contained within rocks, have recently become available for a few regions.

Relative dating has been a problem matching up rocks of the same age across different continents.
Therefore, dates of sequences of events should be regarded with caution.

In other words, the Cambrian layer around the world gives conflicting dates.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Another discussion on TOL about dinosaurs leads me to ask this question.

Young Earth Creationists maintain the Great Flood is responsible for the formation of fossils, as well as other geological constructs. If dinosaur fossils are the result of the Flood and we have found dinosaur fossils all over the world, where are the fossilized remains of the hundreds of millions of humans that would have perished in the Flood?

Don't worry about it

Dominic4

BANNED
Banned
Interesting though that Anomalocaris means "abnormal shrimp". You would think that the guys who actually went on past primary school would have not thought of something more...um...appropriate.

Like Notacaris or Shrimpbutnotreally. Or how about Mock Shrimp - that would appeal to drop-outs who had to settle for being a chef. Counterfeitocaris - unschooled bankers would like that. Makebelievacaris would be a Disney favourite.

Can anyone think of any others?

While your post was amusing, it's still very obvious that your "super shrimp" was no shrimp at all. It's simply the language used to convey what we have never seem to today's public. Anomalocaris is from a family (Domain-kingdom-phylum-class-order-family-genus-species) than shrimp.

Comedy doesn't change science, unfortunately

Dominic4

BANNED
Banned
Dating the Cambrian

Radiometric dates for the Cambrian, obtained by analysis of radioactive elements contained within rocks, have recently become available for a few regions.

Relative dating has been a problem matching up rocks of the same age across different continents.
Therefore, dates of sequences of events should be regarded with caution.

In other words, the Cambrian layer around the world gives conflicting dates.

You have been corrected on this so many times it's not funny....unlike George's post. Yours was just useless