ECT What's the issue in early Acts between the Gospel and Judaism?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus's was the same breath that created the world. He either prophecies BECAUSE something is GOING TO HAPPEN, or His very breath breaths it into existence.

This prophecy wasn't conditional. If it didn't come to pass in your way of understanding, it is your understanding that is defective, not His prophetic and creative Word.
:kookoo: Your's is the faulty one.

SimpleMan77

What's the issue in early Acts between the Gospel and Judaism?

:kookoo: Your's is the faulty one.

Why didn't Jesus's prophecy happen then? Is mortal man enough to withstand the purpose of God? Again note that this promise WAS NOT CONDITIONAL!

In fact, Jesus also told His disciples that the Jews would reject them because they had rejected Him.

Jesus isn't a false prophet or speaking out of both sides of His mouth. He wouldn't have wasted His breath prophesying about an impending, soon-coming Kingdom, knowing the whole time that the Jews would stymie His plans.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Lilstu

What nonsense? Show why.

Danoh has never properly countered this assertion about the basic issue of Judaism because it scrambles the MAD brain.

John 3:16King James Version (KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matthew 19:21King James Version (KJV)
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Many claim eternal life because they believe in Jesus.
But few go and sell all their possessions

Right Divider

Body part
Why didn't Jesus's prophecy happen then? Is mortal man enough to withstand the purpose of God? Again note that this promise WAS NOT CONDITIONAL!
Because GOD INTERVENED and raised up a NEW apostle that Jesus called His CHOSEN VESSEL.

In fact, Jesus also told His disciples that the Jews would reject them because they had rejected Him.
OK, what's your point? You still ignore what the LORD spoke from heaven to and through Paul.

Jesus isn't a false prophet or speaking out of both sides of His mouth. He wouldn't have wasted His breath prophesying about an impending, soon-coming Kingdom, knowing the whole time that the Jews would stymie His plans.
Nothing will ever stymie God's plans. The problem is that you refuse to read about them in Paul's epistles.

SimpleMan77

Because GOD INTERVENED and raised up a NEW apostle that Jesus called His CHOSEN VESSEL.

OK, what's your point? You still ignore what the LORD spoke from heaven to and through Paul.

Nothing will ever stymie God's plans. The problem is that you refuse to read about them in Paul's epistles.

No, Paul was always in His plan! He NEVER planned that the nation of Israel would accept His disciples. He always knew they would reject them. The Gospel he sent the 12 with after Calvary was the same one that he gave to Paul.

What you refuse to see is that Jesus gave His apostles a different commission after His resurrection. That's when our current dispensation started!

If Jesus never planned for the nation of Israel to accept His disciple, and plainly told them that they would reject them, the whole premise of MAD crumbles.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
No, Paul was always in His plan!
You must be reading something that I didn't write.

EVERYTHING that God does was ALWAYS in His plan.

BUT, God did NOT reveal EVERYTHING about His plan all at once.

He NEVER planned that the nation of Israel would accept His disciples. He always knew they would reject them.
Where did I say otherwise?

The Gospel he sent the 12 with after Calvary was the same one that he gave to Paul.
No, it was not.

What you refuse to see is that Jesus gave His apostles a different commission after His resurrection. That's when our current dispensation started!
That is wrong.

If Jesus never planned for the nation of Israel to accept His disciple, and plainly told them that they would reject them, the whole premise of MAD crumbles.
MAD is quite solid, it is YOUR understanding that it flawed.

The blindness of Israel is TEMPORARY. See Romans 11.

Rom 11:25 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:25) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Interplanner

You must be reading something that I didn't write.

EVERYTHING that God does was ALWAYS in His plan.

BUT, God did NOT reveal EVERYTHING about His plan all at once.

Where did I say otherwise?

No, it was not.

That is wrong.

MAD is quite solid, it is YOUR understanding that it flawed.

The blindness of Israel is TEMPORARY. See Romans 11.

Rom 11:25 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:25) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

The word until in Rom 11 is to continue to the end as it has in the past. It is in NO sense a guarantee that something is going to happen in the future. He is summarizing what the whole 3 chapters has been about: there is nothing automatic about Israel/Jews that is unbelief-proof. And belief/faith is what matters. The olive tree of faith stands...by faith.

Rom 11 is not a prediction of anything about ethne Israel. It is saying that the "Israel" that believes will be justified from its sins, which is what 'saved' means all through Romans. It never has anything to do differently with Israel, and certainly not in the quote from Isaiah, as you can see from the parallels.

Right Divider

Body part
The word until in Rom 11 is to continue to the end as it has in the past. It is in NO sense a guarantee that something is going to happen in the future. He is summarizing what the whole 3 chapters has been about: there is nothing automatic about Israel/Jews that is unbelief-proof. And belief/faith is what matters. The olive tree of faith stands...by faith.

Rom 11 is not a prediction of anything about ethne Israel. It is saying that the "Israel" that believes will be justified from its sins, which is what 'saved' means all through Romans. It never has anything to do differently with Israel, and certainly not in the quote from Isaiah, as you can see from the parallels.
DB speaks again from his "wisdom of the world".

Interplanner

DingleBerry. It's your new name.

And this from a guy that thinks that the Hebrew scriptures should be translated based on his opinions about things that people write about it.

You are nuts. :kookoo:

OK, so you are officially out of reasons. It is all just declaring yourself the winner, right? Have fun! There's lots of cartoon icons for the kiddies here!

Here's more Hebrew from those 'on the ground.' "I lift my eyes up to the hills / where does my help come from?" This is not postcard material to print on shots of Yosemite. They were scared spitless of having to traverse the mountains of Judea because of bandits, thieves. But that's how you got to Jerusalem. It was absolutely necessary to have God's help to get there.

In your case, the whole Bible may have a new flavor by the time we are done.

Right Divider

Body part
OK, so you are officially out of reasons. It is all just declaring yourself the winner, right? Have fun! There's lots of cartoon icons for the kiddies here!
On numerous occasions you've "claimed victory" by imposing your supposed outside knowledge on the Bible. I'm not fooled.

Here's more Hebrew from those 'on the ground.' "I lift my eyes up to the hills / where does my help come from?" This is not postcard material to print on shots of Yosemite. They were scared spitless of having to traverse the mountains of Judea because of bandits, thieves. But that's how you got to Jerusalem. It was absolutely necessary to have God's help to get there.

In your case, the whole Bible may have a new flavor by the time we are done.
:DK:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:idunno: Somethin' about a phantom.

937349_1350421599170_411_300.jpg

Interplanner

:banana:
How would you know what's correct?

That's easy on that passage because it was an event. People did this and that, and there were reactions, and Paul is reporting that. That's easier than a doctrine of hope, let's say, from the first verses of Rom 5.

It's also easy to know on that passage because there is anathema for any other gospel. So guess what I would think of the first person who comes along saying there are other gospels?