What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

• Tell him that you do not approve but that you will accept him regardless.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Tell him that you love him but you must cut him off and have nothing to do with him unless he repent

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • Tell him you respect his choice and accept it.

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters

Freak

Originally posted by AsLan

Ok, so could you describe a relationship with communication but void of fellowship?

You can have communication without fellowship. Phone, email, letters, brief visits, etc. The point is to make the homosexual realize there is a lack of intimacy in the relationship due to sin.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

When you say 'them', you bigot, are you talking about 'christian' or secular gays, are they sexually active, are they just possibly attracted to the other sex, or are you just comfortable with your nice and tidy box of hatred, and really couldn't care less?

When I say "them" (ick) I mean those haughty good for nothing God hating homos. The ones who are proud of what they do and have no remorse. And yes I'm quite comfortable with my hatred towards them because it is required of me by my God. I'm zealous over Him and will not allow "them" to drag his name through the dirt. If this is the definition of bigot then so be it. It is a shame however that people will put homos in the same catagory as those who are unjustly descriminated against. "They" ride on the coat tails of respectful people because "they" know that "they" are hard for people to tolerate.

mberthot

I don't think it is our job to show homosexuals that there is a "lack of intimacy in a relationship due to sin!" I think that they will experience that for themselves! Plus I agree with Aslan...Jesus said to show love to all...and you know what...I bet he even talked with them when he was alive. Just like he talked and showed the Love...to the whores...and the cheaters.
As Christians we should show love and not hate.

AsLan

Originally posted by Freak

You can have communication without fellowship. Phone, email, letters, brief visits, etc. The point is to make the homosexual realize there is a lack of intimacy in the relationship due to sin.

So, you wouldn't give them a hug for instance? You would show or pretend that you don't 'enjoy' their company? Conversation is cold, no laughing?

s9s27s54

So, you wouldn't give them a hug for instance? You would show or pretend that you don't 'enjoy' their company? Conversation is cold, no laughing?
That would be very hard. I must realize we're talking about a child here. Your own flesh and blood that you gave birth to.

AsLan

Originally posted by Polycarpadvo

When I say "them" (ick) I mean those haughty good for nothing God hating homos. The ones who are proud of what they do and have no remorse. And yes I'm quite comfortable with my hatred towards them because it is required of me by my God. I'm zealous over Him and will not allow "them" to drag his name through the dirt. If this is the definition of bigot then so be it. It is a shame however that people will put homos in the same catagory as those who are unjustly descriminated against. "They" ride on the coat tails of respectful people because "they" know that "they" are hard for people to tolerate.

You've clearly never spoken to one that you know as a friend.

You have no idea what a person has been through in their life to lead them to seek acceptance with a gay community.

You're superficially and sweepingly judgmental over a vague group of people about whom you could care less.

This sort of attitude displayed by 'believers' does nothing but determent what virtues Christ displayed while here on earth.

There are times to be steadfast, unmoving and to see what individual people sow. You, however, are not anywhere near the epitome of how those actions are to be carried out.

mberthot

Homerun for Aslan...
How can you call yourself a Christian..."One in whom Christ dwells..." If you do not show the Love towards all humans? Do you think that Christ would have turned his back on homosexuals and give them the cold sholder? NO!!!!
Love man, Love!

s9s27s54

Originally posted by mberthot
Homerun for Aslan...
How can you call yourself a Christian..."One in whom Christ dwells..." If you do not show the Love towards all humans? Do you think that Christ would have turned his back on homosexuals and give them the cold sholder? NO!!!!
Love man, Love!
Then why did He destroy Sodom and Gomora?

mberthot

...you tell me all knowing s9s27s54.
And that was before the new covenant...right. Again...if Jesus died for all sins and if the homosexual is a Christian and has accepted Jesus. Than isn't that sin just as bad as any other sin?
Something to think about.

s9s27s54

...you tell me all knowing s9s27s54.
And that was before the new covenant...right. Again...if Jesus died for all sins and if the homosexual is a Christian and has accepted Jesus. Than isn't that sin just as bad as any other sin?
Something to think about.
I also pointed out that God still does not approve of that sin. He doesn't approve of any sin. I pointed out in Romans how homosexuality is still a sin. Jesus did die for that sin. Jesus does save those people. After they get saved they change.

mberthot

So after you have been saved...s9s27s54....you never lie now or cuss now or think bad thoughts ever now. WOW You are perfect!
To say that when a Homosexual accepts Jesus they change...WOW!!! That is amazing...no...you are amazing!
As far as what SOZO said. I agree with SOZO!!! Wow I never thought I would say that!

Freak

I don't think it is our job to show homosexuals that there is a "lack of intimacy in a relationship due to sin!" I think that they will experience that for themselves! Plus I agree with Aslan...Jesus said to show love to all...and you know what...I bet he even talked with them when he was alive. Just like he talked and showed the Love...to the whores...and the cheaters.

It is apparent you haven't read my posts.

Love should be present in all your enounters with the one entangled by sin.

We need to exhibit tough love....

Freak

You haven't bothered to read my posts either.

I made it clear-we should love the homosexual-verbally & nonverbally-you can do this without the fellowship-

AsLan

Originally posted by Freak

You haven't bothered to read my posts either.

I made it clear-we should love the homosexual-verbally & nonverbally-you can do this without the fellowship-

Considering I've been inquiring about your definition of 'fellowship' and 'communication' for about 4 posts in a row, including responses from you, I would say I've been reading your posts.

I'm asking you what the short communicative meetings with this non-fellowship person would be like.

To restate:

For the nosebleed seats, I want details. I want to know how you go about this sort of action. I'm sure you've done it before, or else you wouldn't be describing this formula to the world. If you fail to answer my questions, I'll assume that you have no experience with your 'treatment' as described and I'll not waste my time in conversation with you further.

Mustard Seed

Agreed

For we are all sinners and in need of Jesus just as much as anyone else regardless of the severity of their sin. I had a friend make the observation that we tend to be very hard on those who commit sin that is easy for us to avoid yet we are rather sympathetic to those who have the same weaknesses we do. In short he said to not knock someone just because you don't understand what they've been through or exactly what they have to strugle with.

Hank

You are honestly going to compare eating to homosexuality?

No I am comparing overeating, a sin in the Bible, to homosexuality, a sin in the Bible.

Eating is a necessity. Breaking bread together in the bible is described as a special time. While eating to an excess may be considered sin, homosexuality is a sin to whatever extent it is taken.

Overeating is a sin to whatever extent it is taken.

It is also destructive to the one committing the sin as well as other innocent people having nothing to do with it. This is not the case in overeating. And you find nowhere in the bible where overeating is described with such powerful hate words by God as abominable.

So a sin that is described as an abomination is worse than a sin that is not? Well eating pork is an abomination to God. Have you ever eaten pork?

Poly I have asked this question several times and no one has ever touched it. I was wondering if you would take a stab. If a hermaphrodite has sex with someone, are they a homosexual?

BTW my post was basically in regard to hypocrisy and self-righteousness. I think Jesus talked a lot about that.

Freak

Considering I've been inquiring about your definition of 'fellowship' and 'communication' for about 4 posts in a row, including responses from you, I would say I've been reading your posts.

I'm asking you what the short communicative meetings with this non-fellowship person would be like.

To restate:

For the nosebleed seats, I want details. I want to know how you go about this sort of action. I'm sure you've done it before, or else you wouldn't be describing this formula to the world. If you fail to answer my questions, I'll assume that you have no experience with your 'treatment' as described and I'll not waste my time in conversation with you further.

Look, I have been clear in my responses to you. I have spent many years counseling those in bondage. I know how to reach people with the love of Jesus!

Show the homosexual that you love him-pray for them, affirm their worth to God, share their burdens/concerns, tell them you love them, be kind, hug them,....and you can do all of this without fellowshipping with them..

In doing this explain to them the consequences of their sin/evil practices....and their need to come to repentance.

Last edited: