ECT what will PENTECOSTALS DO ABOUT , Acts 1:6 ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi and I have been trying and finally got on line .

My folks when to an ASSEMBLY of God and also a Foursquare Church as a kid !

I saw first hand the speaking in Tongues and when about 40 years ols ADMITTED to me it is all of the flesh .

If you will check Phil 3:17 , the following verbs are ALL in the Greek [RESENT TENSE of Continuous action !

#1 , Greek word " be " Present Tense .

#2 , Greek word " mark " those are not following Paul and the message he preached , and to always MARK rgem Continuously .

#3 , Greek word " WALK " alo to Continuouly watch their WALK dispensationally !

#4 , The Greek word " ye have " Paul as the PATTERN , also in the Present Continuous tense !

These verbs are there and the first 2 verbs are in the Imperative Mood of COMMAND , and is to be Obedient to and written by Holy Spirit and in the Indicative Mood of COMMAND !!

DAN P

i can't tell if you are an english major, a translator, or a Bible scholar. all of the above. i can't even tell if i agree or not - Paul's message Is God's. Jesus Christ

oatmeal

Hi to all and Pentecostals are all over the bible , like a car on ICE on the road with no explanation or Righty Dividing anything and are very BRAZEN in they Intrepretation and no Scholarship what so ever !!

In Acts 1:6 " Lord , IF at this time are you RESTORING the Kingdom to Israel ???

#1 , The first verb tense is in the , " were come together " is in the Past Tense and is done with !!

#2 , The Second verb tense is in the IMPERFECT TENSE , meaning that this question was going on in Past Time and then STOPPED !!

#3 , The Fourth verb " Restore Again " at this Present time !!

The Jew and disciples in Jesus times were looking for the restoration of Israel Kingdom and NOT the MYSTERY that Paul was to preach whatsoever !

In verse 7 Jesus tells His disciples , it is not for you to know when this Kingdom will be restored and Pentecostals keep TRYING to bring back Pentecost with there speaking in GIBBERISH instead of real Languages !

The QUESTION then for Pentecostals , when is this KINGDOM giong to be Restored ??:jolly::jolly:

dan p

Proverbs 1:17

andyc

I saw first hand the speaking in Tongues and when about 40 years ols ADMITTED to me it is all of the flesh .

"To me".

There's your problem right there.
You have to see beyond you in order to get anything from God.
Now this will be a shock to you. The way that tongues is manifested, is flesh. The words spoken are gibberish. This is why many people have a wrong concept about speaking in tongues.

Once a person is filled with the Spirit, the ability and desire to speak in tongues becomes intense, particularly when under the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Paul explained that when he prayed in tongues, his spirit prays, but his mind is unfruitful. Therefore the practice of speaking in tongues appears to be fruitless to so many people, and so they ridicule it. However, when your spirit prays, it reaches out to God, and the the anointing flows. Very quickly your mind shuts off to the gibberish, and your spirit is built up. After praying in tongues I've had flashes of revelation in my spirit about situations, wisdom to deal with difficult situations, receive answers to things I've prayed for etc.

Praying in tongues is an extremely powerful gift.

Word based mystic

of course tongues are manifested through the flesh. we are of three parts, spirit, soul and flesh. When I embrace someone in love because they had a hard day and the spirit in love nudges me, I do it in the flesh. We are co-labourers with Christ. If someone gets healed because The Spirit nudges us to pray for them, their flesh is healed, sometimes their soul is impacted by Love based prayers as well.

Word based mystic

we serve Christ in our spirit. Our spirit communes with the Holy Spirit dwelling within and nudges our mind/thoughts/emotions to act.

people often bypass the spirit communing with the Holy spirit and try to academically and knowledge based logic threads work out their salvation through mental and philosophical understanding.

I find most people develop their theology or doctrine through their experiences or lack of experiences.
This is why disciplined communing with the Father in (spirit and truth) is so necessary. Not just mental observations and assessments that give people a false sense of oneness with God and Value mental understanding above spirit worship.

DAN P

"To me".

There's your problem right there.
You have to see beyond you in order to get anything from God.
Now this will be a shock to you. The way that tongues is manifested, is flesh. The words spoken are gibberish. This is why many people have a wrong concept about speaking in tongues.

Once a person is filled with the Spirit, the ability and desire to speak in tongues becomes intense, particularly when under the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Paul explained that when he prayed in tongues, his spirit prays, but his mind is unfruitful. Therefore the practice of speaking in tongues appears to be fruitless to so many people, and so they ridicule it. However, when your spirit prays, it reaches out to God, and the the anointing flows. Very quickly your mind shuts off to the gibberish, and your spirit is built up. After praying in tongues I've had flashes of revelation in my spirit about situations, wisdom to deal with difficult situations, receive answers to things I've prayed for etc.

Praying in tongues is an extremely powerful gift.

Hi , so lets have verses that prove what you wrote ??

dan p

andyc

Hi , so lets have verses that prove what you wrote ??

dan p

1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.

Jude 1:20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
we serve Christ in our spirit. Our spirit communes with the Holy Spirit dwelling within and nudges our mind/thoughts/emotions to act.

people often bypass the spirit communing with the Holy spirit and try to academically and knowledge based logic threads work out their salvation through mental and philosophical understanding.

I find most people develop their theology or doctrine through their experiences or lack of experiences.
This is why disciplined communing with the Father in (spirit and truth) is so necessary. Not just mental observations and assessments that give people a false sense of oneness with God and Value mental understanding above spirit worship.

good stuff ! ! ! - :)

DAN P

1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.

Jude 1:20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit

Hi , and what is 1 Cor 14:14 saying , For if I should Pray in a Langauge , my spirit prays but my Mind is Unfruitful ?

3 verbs here , but the last verb is " IS " which is in the Present Tense of Continuous action , which means that speaking in Languages will CONTINUOUSLY be Unfruitful , where " unfruitful " means BARREN or ABUSE !!

I will not ask you to explain verse 16 as you are just BLOVIATING !!:nono::nono:

DAN P

revpete

If you will check Phil 3:17 , the following verbs are ALL in the Greek [RESENT TENSE of Continuous action !

#1 , Greek word " be " Present Tense .

#2 , Greek word " mark " those are not following Paul and the message he preached , and to always MARK rgem Continuously .

#3 , Greek word " WALK " alo to Continuouly watch their WALK dispensationally !

#4 , The Greek word " ye have " Paul as the PATTERN , also in the Present Continuous tense !

These verbs are there and the first 2 verbs are in the Imperative Mood of COMMAND , and is to be Obedient to and written by Holy Spirit and in the Indicative Mood of COMMAND !!

DAN P

Thanks Dan. However, it may have been all in the flesh for them ie those you spoke to but that does not mean that they are all false.

I agree with your statement concerning the verbs. When Paul said to watch him and follow him as their example we must ask: Did Paul speak in tongues? We answer, yes he did! 1Cor 14:18. Are you then saying that the gift of speaking in tongues has ceased and all such utterances today are of the flesh or worse?

Pete 👤

DAN P

Thanks Dan. However, it may have been all in the flesh for them ie those you spoke to but that does not mean that they are all false.

I agree with your statement concerning the verbs. When Paul said to watch him and follow him as their example we must ask: Did Paul speak in tongues? We answer, yes he did! 1Cor 14:18. Are you then saying that the gift of speaking in tongues has ceased and all such utterances today are of the flesh or worse?

Pete ��

Hi , and yes , Paul did speak many Languages , but Paul also said , I would RATHER speak 5 words that you understand !

I am sure that Paul spoke Greek , Latin , Hebrew and Aramaic and anything in between ,

No one will ever get around the verbs tense in 1 Cor 13:8 !!

" Prophecies Shall fail " is in the Future Tense . Passive Voice and Indicative Mood .

" They Shall Cease " a verb in the Future Tense , Middle Voice and Indicative Mood !!

" It Shall Vanish " a verb in the Future Tense , Passive Voice and in the Indicative Mood !!

And all who are speaking so-called tongues are of the FLESH , pure and simple !!

Languages will happen again during the first part of the Great Tribulation and not UNTIL then !!

Today is the Dispensation of Grace and NOT that of the HOLY SPIRIT !!

We are to make all see ' what is the Dispensation of the MYSTERY , in Eph 3:9 , don;t you see ??

Pentecost was a PROMISE from God and Acts 2:17-21 is in the Greek Future Tense OR did you say that happened already !!

dan p

Last edited:

andyc

The reason why gifts will cease is not emphatically stated by Paul, and therefore is meant to be obvious. As Paul goes on to explain our inability to see things properly what we believe, we are in need of faith. When we see face to face, we will comprehend everything spiritually, and there will be no need for faith. There will be no more use for gifts, because these rely on faith.

To say that the gifts will cease sometime during the church age, is to ignore the context completely, and personally dictate what scripture is saying.

SaulToPaul 2

No problems with Paul.

MADists here hate anything or anyone of the Spirit of God received as all the believers of Acts did.

Madists hate Pentecostals.

They claim to be baptized into the Body of Christ and claim it is not the Bride of Christ which they say is for the Jews.

Madists claim two gospels.

We can go on and on showing the errors of MAD and you can discover that for yourself by studying what they believe.

Their favourite defence of their heresies is that you are not saved.

They are dispys as well, another damnable heresy teaching the return to blood sacrifices and stone temple in the millennium/.

MAD rejects whole books of the Bible, when they rebuke their heresies, as well as much of Pauls writings.

LA

All made up.

ChadB74

Hi everyone, I'm 40 and was brought up as a Southern Baptist, then after meeting my future wife in high school, started attending Church of God (Cleveland, TN) and have been a Pentecostal ever since. I don't agree 100 % with all their teachings, just as I didn't agree 100% with Baptists, but I have seen the gift of tongues used scripturally many times (was orderly and had an interpretor). If you don't believe in tongues, don't practice it. I strongly disagree with those at the Strange Fire conference led by John MacArthur a couple of years ago that claim that speaking in tongues is of the devil.

andyc

Hi everyone, I'm 40 and was brought up as a Southern Baptist, then after meeting my future wife in high school, started attending Church of God (Cleveland, TN) and have been a Pentecostal ever since. I don't agree 100 % with all their teachings, just as I didn't agree 100% with Baptists, but I have seen the gift of tongues used scripturally many times (was orderly and had an interpretor). If you don't believe in tongues, don't practice it. I strongly disagree with those at the Strange Fire conference led by John MacArthur a couple of years ago that claim that speaking in tongues is of the devil.

Yeah..... Macarthur and Hanegraaf as well as others are tough on the charismatics like me. Sometimes they make valid points against extreme examples of word faith imbalances, but they tar all charismatics with the same brush.

Cross Reference

Yeah..... Macarthur and Hanegraaf as well as others are tough on the charismatics like me. Sometimes they make valid points against extreme examples of word faith imbalances, but they tar all charismatics with the same brush.

Amen! Because of unbelief they throw the baby out with the bath water. My question is, why do they want to believe they are right except for the of issue pride and the feeling of obligating themselves to accept something they intellectually can't explain? Reflecting on my experiences with those of such "persuasion", I am of the opinion that elitism comes into play.

andyc

Paul was referring to looking into a mirror.
Was he not?

Who's face do you see in the mirror?

You need to go back to the preceding verses and understand what "in part" means. Then it becomes obvious what Paul's analogy is signifying.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was referring to looking into a mirror.
Was he not?

Who's face do you see in the mirror?

Read the verse for what it says--

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

DAN P

Hi , and I grew up in a Pentecostal and Assembly of God , So Baptist , Nazarene and Church of Christ Assembly .

The only one that made sense , was when our pastor explained it dispensationally , and he spent many hours explaining it .

Most Pentecostals will never understand Pauline truth nor can they HANDLE it as it is Spiritualy Discerned , even those they claim , that they are indwelt by the Holy Spirit !!

All of the verbs in Acts 2:17-21 are all in the IMPERFECT TENSE as they were put into operation in the Past time and then stopped !!

When have you heard of the where the Sun was turned to Darkness , and the Moon turned to blood ??

Most believers will never believe that Israel has been set aside for at least , some 2000 years !

dan p