ECT WHAT Phil 2:6 means !!

oatmeal

Hi and what did Jesus EMPTY Himself of , if Jesus is just a man , or Son of God or GOD the Son is the same thing ?

dan p

Why don't you read my post?

Yes, Jesus Christ is "just a man" who is also the son of God, but not "God the Son"

"God the Son" does not mean the same thing as "the son of God".

"God the Son" is unscriptural, whereas "son of God" is found about 50 times in scripture.

What is the difference?

Simple grammar tells you they are far different.

"Dan the son" is not the same person as the "son of Dan".

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In that culture and maybe in ours to some extent being a son to a father gave the son some equality in that family. At the very least, the surname would be the same.

There are times when the son is employed by the father who owns a business that son could be and is resented by other employees not of the the family. The son is perceived to have unearned privileges simply because his father owns the business. The son may try to pull rank or make decisions he is not best qualified to make.

Jesus Christ certainly could have exalted himself but he did not, he emptied himself of those foolish aspirations of self pride, arrogance, ego...
His Father had a business which the son loving served in.

Luke 2:49

What was the business? Man's redemption and salvation. Yet, he worked within the frame work of the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 15:24 From the perspective of this age of grace, summed up, I Timothy 2:4

That is true,

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls himself "God the Father?"

Others do, but He does not.

And tell me that you are going to employ this "argument" further.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

LA

oatmeal

And tell me that you are going to employ this "argument" further.

If you believe that God is the author of scripture than that is easy.

If you do not, then not one jot of tittle of scripture matters.

Galatians 1:3

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

john w

Hall of Fame
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

LA

"Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls him "God the son"?"-oatmush

Thus:
"Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls himself "God the Father?"-the great saint John W

You either can't read, or on drugs.

Which?

The argument is not whether "God the Father" should be addressed as "God the Father"-scripture testifies to that.

Your brilliance stuns us all.

The point of oatmush:"Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls him "God the son"?"-oatmush

Sit down-you are either a fool/moron, or stupid.

Which?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Good points and good questions

Yes, Jesus is the name Joshua, a name.

Does scripture tell me where the first language originated from? Not explicitly nor specifically.

Did God have to teach Adam and Eve language? and words and tenses and sentence structure? What language did Adam and Eve speak? Was it Hebrew or an earlier form of it?

If Adam and Eve have no language at the first, then how did God communicate with them?

But they did have a language for they did communicate.

Genesis 2:16-17,23

They had a language, but did it originate with God or with Adam and Eve?

The humanity of Jesus Christ was all there ever was and will be, yet we learn of him and his life what incredible greatness "a mere man" is capable of when God's word is believed

Scriptur makes it clear that he is the son of God, not God himself. When God made you a son, I John 3:2, did you become less human or more human or did you stay the same? You became more human, you were no longer just body and soul, I Corinthians 2:14, God gave to you of His spirit. I Thessalonians 5:23, I John 4:13, I Peter 1:23 You are now complete in him. Colossians 2:9-10

Yes, to say a human is God himself is a contradiction of terms.

For God is the creator, man is but a tiny part of God's creation, yet the the reason for the rest of it.

If Jesus Christ chose to not love and serve and honor his Father and mother, he most certainly would have been of no meaning or consequence. However, in loving and humble obedience to his God and his Father, first off according to what scripture wrote for him to do, and secondly by what God told him to do by revelation, he stood out from the crowd, by signs, miracles and wonders which God did by him in the midst of the people. Acts 2:22

It was clear to anyone who spent any time with him that indeed this man was one remarkable fellow. For those who choose to serve God, he is the son of God, to those who choose religion, he was either part of a trinity or someone to ignore or even despise and want dead.

The beginning, genesis of Jesus is written of in Matthew 1:18

He did not preexist, except in the foreknowledge of God, I Peter 1:20 ASV

no matter how much you post, no matter what scriptures you "find", God IS Christ IS The Holy Spirit. you are WRONG -

john w

Hall of Fame
If you believe that God is the author of scripture than that is easy.

If you do not, then not one jot of tittle of scripture matters.

Galatians 1:3

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Did our hero answer his own "argument?"

No.

"Jesus is "God the Son"?

Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls him "God the son"-oatmush

Sit.

"If you believe that God is the author of scripture than that is easy."-oatmush

Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ is the author of scripture.

See how that works?

DAN P

Yes, Jesus Christ is "just a man" who is also the son of God, but not "God the Son"

"God the Son" does not mean the same thing as "the son of God".

"God the Son" is unscriptural, whereas "son of God" is found about 50 times in scripture.

What is the difference?

Simple grammar tells you they are far different.

"Dan the son" is not the same person as the "son of Dan".

Hi , so what did Jesus EMPTY Himself of ??

Gal 4:4 says God sent forth His Son and this the difference and 1 John 1:3 means WHAT ??

DAN P

oatmeal

no matter how much you post, no matter what scriptures you "find", God IS Christ IS The Holy Spirit. you are WRONG -

You evidently have little trust in scripture.

Your first need is to learn to trust scripture.

It is God's word, not the word of man.

oatmeal

Hi , so what did Jesus EMPTY Himself of ??

Gal 4:4 says God sent forth His Son and this the difference and 1 John 1:3 means WHAT ??

DAN P

Have you figured out the difference between

"Dan the son" and "the son of Dan"?

DAN P

You evidently have little trust in scripture.

Your first need is to learn to trust scripture.

It is God's word, not the word of man.

Hi , and Dan the son means the same as son of Dan , and you will never understand what being " in Christ " AS 1 John 1:3 you can vary , vary which way , like varies DOWN , is which you are going .

So explain 1 John 1:3 and explain Vary , Varies , some Varies , 1/2 Varies , or what VARIES ??

DAN P

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls him "God the son"?"-oatmush

Thus:
"Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls himself "God the Father?"-the great saint John W

Which?

The argument is not whether "God the Father" should be addressed as "God the Father"-scripture testifies to that.

The point of oatmush:"Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls him "God the son"?"-oatmush

Which?

I am a child of God my Father who begat me through His son Jesus.

You would likely be the last to understand that Gods son Jesus, is really a Mother who was born out of Heavenly Zion, the woman of Rev.ch 12.

You were never mothered.

Thus not a born again child of God.

LA

oatmeal

Hi , and Dan the son means the same as son of Dan , and you will never understand what being " in Christ " AS 1 John 1:3 you can vary , vary which way , like varies DOWN , is which you are going .

So explain 1 John 1:3 and explain Vary , Varies , some Varies , 1/2 Varies , or what VARIES ??

DAN P

Well, until you learn English vocabulary and grammar, you will not be able to accurately learn any subject in any language, let alone communicate on any subject.

God does not call Jesus "God the Son" because he is not, he is the son of God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Thus:

Which?

Which?

this

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Only begotten Son of God is God

......that is the revelation upon which Christ has builded His church, only the Father can give this witness.

oatmeal

Did our hero answer his own "argument?"

No.

"Jesus is "God the Son"?

Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls him "God the son"-oatmush

Sit.

"If you believe that God is the author of scripture than that is easy."-oatmush

Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ is the author of scripture.

See how that works?

I did show you.

Galatians 1:3, but like committed and mentally blinded trinitarians, you refuse to see the scriptures. II Corinthians 4:4

Jesus Christ is the image of God, not God himself