What is the Gospel?

Danoh

I would say that John 3:14-16 is categorical in refuting any notion of anyone being excluded from salvation - whilst Romans 9 is less clear in its meaning. Certainly, Paul's conclusion does not support the Calvinist's interpretation. Paul is underlining the Jews' mistaken notion that works brought righteousness.

And if we don't assume that Paul's singling out of Pharaoh excludes any one of us from being so described (for surely Romans 3:10-18 has to be true of us with regard and in contrast to the perfection of Jesus / the law) then Paul is merely asserting that God has utilized all of man's wrongful deeds.

I just am still a little troubled by the language of Paul.

From the Mid-Acts Perspective that an objective study of the Scripture cannot but result in; John 3 concerns what Paul relates in Romans 15:8-12 as being God's plan and purpose for the Earth through John 3 via the nation Israel as His witness, but that Paul related earlier, in Romans 9-11, has been temporarily set aside, while God carries out what Paul relates God is doing during said interim; some of which is described in Romans 8.

In the words, He must first reconcile those fallen Heavenly Places back unto Himself (Eph. 6), via a New Creature (Rom. 8), and then that "short work" He "will make upon the earth" (Rom. 9).

Only then will the following be even possible...

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done IN earth, AS IT IS IN heaven." Matt. 6:10.

FIRST He must solve for...

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Once that is solved for, then comes The Wrath that will solve for what has been the result of those fallen High Places - the course of this world...

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

These things ever require not only long, ever interelated studies, but objectively sound ones.

Acts 17:11,12

Rom. 5:8

Sonnet

From the Mid-Acts Perspective that an objective study of the Scripture cannot but result in; John 3 concerns what Paul relates in Romans 15:8-12 as being God's plan and purpose for the Earth through John 3 via the nation Israel as His witness, but that Paul related earlier, in Romans 9-11, has been temporarily set aside, while God carries out what Paul relates God is doing during said interim; some of which is described in Romans 8.

In the words, He must first reconcile those fallen Heavenly Places back unto Himself (Eph. 6), via a New Creature (Rom. 8), and then that "short work" He "will make upon the earth" (Rom. 9).

Only then will the following be even possible...

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done IN earth, AS IT IS IN heaven." Matt. 6:10.

FIRST He must solve for...

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Once that is solved for, then comes The Wrath that will solve for what has been the result of those fallen High Places - the course of this world...

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

These things ever require not only long, ever interelated studies, but objectively sound ones.

I'm baffled.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Try Mid-Acts.

Clears things right up :)

But seriously, just read through the references I cited - even if you think you already know them.

I wouldn’t recommend that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Heaven is not the final abode for believers.

Jesus will not return until the Jews ask Him to.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Not a thief in the night then.

Hi. Well these are two statements that are biblically accurate yet nobody realizes. Or most Christians don’t realize.

The thief in the night must refer to the rapture and not the second coming for the following fact.

At the mid point of the Tribulation the Antichrist will turn on the Jews. Once this happens the second coming will be exactly 3 and 1/2 years to the day. Those believers living during that time will know the day of the second coming.

Right Divider

Body part
How so?

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Are you or are you not expecting the Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ's return at any moment? As a thief in the night?
1Thess 5:1-4 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:1) But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. (5:2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. (5:3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. (5:4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

The gospel of the kingdom has to do with the LORD Jesus Christ sitting on the throne of His father David, etc.

Luke 22:29-30 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:29) And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; (22:30) That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

That also refers to the same kingdom.

glorydaz

This is sincere, from my heart and as honest as I can articulate... as this is my final post here for God knows... how long...

Calvinisim can’t get around saying that Jesus died for “some”.

You want it publicly declared...? Sonnet... you are correct, It is blasphemy to Jesus Christ’s Sacrifice. Every serpentine way a reformed person utters all isn’t really “ALL”... it spits in Jesus Christ’s face as the Sanhedrin did.

Spoiler
But... Forgiveness is the deepest message of the DBR and Sonnet... sometimes... the hardest people to forgive... when you fall in Love with Jesus... (https://youtu.be/j_wb38KMXLs) like I’m now certain you have... are those that dishonor what Christ did for all, by limiting it to some. Sonnet... a rage comes over one newly in Love with Jesus over any blasphemy of the simple gospel that saves... that is proclaimed by wolves in sheeps clothing.

The hardest thing to do... is to forgive the filthy mouth of anyone that limits the infinite power of the cross. You have to lift up your voice and say what you know in your heart... “Father... forgive them, for they know not what they do”...

When people bind our Infinite Jesus to a book or theological creed... and LIMIT the Limitless... you must understand “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do”.

When people place evil on the only Being that is void of Evil... forgive...

When you feel your faith is never enough to honor Jesus... because you Love Him so dearly... you must forgive yourself!

When people elevate theology, brick and mortar, theological insight, debate, opinion or anything under the sun, above Jesus Christ... we must forgive.

Why? Because that’s what Jesus did for us....

I Love you Brother... May Christ forever Keep, Guide and Guard you... and may you truly cry out David’s precious words that mean so very much to my heart and soul... and may you understand them more deeply each and every day of your life...

7Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.”

When you pour out things the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ has etched into your heart, mind and soul and people trample them with their words... Forgive them.

70 X 7 brother...

All my best to you... and my personal faith that we will meet where the streets have no name...

I have no sympathy for drive-by whiners. You are the one who has a problem with those who don't bow to your great caring heart. I call bull. Your pride has been hurt, and you still won't face up to YOUR OWN failures here.

It would be a totally different story, wouldn't it, if someone came out and accused you of having a dark and wretched heart because you don't believe in hell fire....or being born with Adam's sin?

Grow UP, for crying out loud, and stop snivelling and whining about how hurt you are by the horrible way of those around you. :loser:

Start over....calm down....come as yourself, not multiple pretend posters set out to deceive the reader. Or...not.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul never preached "as it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated" as the gospel unto you. And if we or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which Paul preached unto the Galatians as "unto you, it's not on you, but them. Let him be accursed. Now onto the gospel that is unto you...1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV and the formula for salvation and a seal (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Are you or are you not expecting the Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ's return at any moment? As a thief in the night?
Paul never preached the gospel of the kingdom. That is the very real gospel that the 12 preached to the lost sheep of the house of Israel as commanded (Matthew 10:5-6). It has nothing to do with the gospel that will save you and nothing to do with the blessed hope I look for, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ to the church, which is His Body of which I am a member.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I have no sympathy for drive-by whiners. You are the one who has a problem with those who don't bow to your great caring heart. I call bull. Your pride has been hurt, and you still won't face up to YOUR OWN failures here.

It would be a totally different story, wouldn't it, if someone came out and accused you of having a dark and wretched heart because you don't believe in hell fire....or being born with Adam's sin?

Grow UP, for crying out loud, and stop snivelling and whining about how hurt you are by the horrible way of those around you. :loser:

Start over....calm down....come as yourself, not multiple pretend posters set out to deceive the reader. Or...not.

Every Friend here that cuts at me hurts. Sincerely....

You used to care about what was right before God... more than “proving yourself right”

I have yet to turn and rend you as you have me... but like it or not... you’ve earned this.

I feel sorry for you. You have been fighting so long... you carelessly swing your sword at friends.

You misquoted me... because forgiveness was my focus ... but you simply quoted the harsh but true portion of my post. Also... that which you quoted was to Sonnet... and it is prefaced as my heart on the matter. You are trampling what was never yours to trample.

I’m leaving because rending friends is not my desire and hostile diatribe with no purpose but self “glory” isn’t my aspiration.

Jesus Saves Sonnet... not any other. To Jesus... Who exists, reveals Himself, and communes with or without scripture... forever be all glory and power, forever...

Because He is ALIVE and GOOD...

EE

Out of respect to Certain individuals... I’ve removed this from my end...

I recocomend reporting me to be banned!

all of my names!

Last edited:

glorydaz

Every Friend here that cuts at me hurts. Sincerely....

[FONT=&][FONT=&]You used to care about what was right before God... more than “proving yourself right”[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&][FONT=&]I have yet to turn and rend you as you have me... but like it or not... you’ve earned this.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&][FONT=&]I feel sorry for you. You have been fighting so long... you carelessly swing your sword at friends.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&][FONT=&]You misquoted me... because forgiveness was my focus ... but you simply quoted the harsh but true portion of my post. Also... that which you quoted was to Sonnet... and it is prefaced as my heart on the matter. You are trampling what was never yours to trample.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&][FONT=&]I’m leaving because rending friends is not my desire and hostile diatribe with no purpose but self “glory” isn’t my aspiration.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&][FONT=&]Jesus Saves Sonnet... not any other. To Jesus... Who exists reveals and communes with or without scripture... forever be all glory and power, forever... [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&][FONT=&]Because He is ALIVE and GOOD...[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&][FONT=&]EE

[/FONT][/FONT]
200w.gif

Rather, I tell you what you need to hear, and you can't abide that.

That's known as shooting the messenger.

You are so emotionally invested in your MESSAGE, that you need to be shown some TOUGH LOVE. Becoming emotionally involved speaks to SELF rather than the truth you hope to show.

Call it whatever you like, but you're wrong....and you simply won't admit your own anger and fault in this matter. It isn't too late. It's not a hopeless condition. The only thing standing in your way is your own PRIDE. Sorry, but don't project that onto me. I'm not the emotional one here.

Epoisses

It has nothing to do with Arminius's teaching.
You are partially correct; the command is to believe...from the heart. Everything a man believes is believed by making a choice; if a man believes that George Washington lived and died, it's because he chooses to believe.

Sorry, you can't believe anything unless you choose to do so.

...and, it's not about choice; it's about the character of God.

Unbelievers make choices every day but they're all wrong like yours.

glorydaz

So who is the author of depression and self pity?

Always make sure the fingers are pointing in the right direction. :idea:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
All scripture is truth; parts of scripture are not truth of themselves. - It is only all scripture as a whole that is truth.

That makes no sense, you know. "Parts" of scripture cannot be considered not truth and still have scripture "as a whole" being truth.

Galatians 5:9 KJV - A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

blackbirdking

The important thing is not that we understand the Bible, but that we seek God. If you seek Him you will find Him and no man will ever change your mind.

This statement makes no sense.
The Bible is the Word of God. How do you "seek God" without understanding His Word?
The Bible is God's explanation of everything from beginning to end. If you don't understand God's Word, you don't understand God.

You're saying that it makes no sense to seek God and be led to an understanding of the Bible.

Once again you are lying and trying to put words in my mouth that I did NOT speak.

I never said that an unbeliever should start reading a Bible without KNOWING God already.

By what you said, you implied very strongly, that understanding God's Word is a prerequisite to knowing God; also implying that you can't know God without your Bible. Thereby implying, that in order for an unbeliever to know God he had to read scripture.

You can't deny that that's what you meant, whether I'm a liar or not.

You did so in response to my original point that "The important thing is not that we understand the Bible, but that we seek God."

And...
You are wrong.