ECT What is the best or your favorite Biblical subject/topic?

john w

Hall of Fame
It would be like Berger vs Perry Mason

"Owen Marshall, Counselor at Law," vs. "Judd for the Defense."

"Quick Draw McGraw" vs. "Dora the Explorer."

"Sherman" vs. "Boris Badinoff" and/or "Natasha."

Roger Corman, Esquiree, vs. "The Creature."

Am I gettin' through to you, fella?

john w

Hall of Fame
I think you need some pounded beef a la Morelli's and an ice cold ale.

I think you need "the works" at Floyd's "clip joint," including "Witch Hazel," to go with that overrated salt and pepper suit of yours. Maybe then you'd be able to romance chicks, instead of hangin' out with Mr. Schwump.

OCTOBER23

JANE PATRICK said,

I think we should look to Revelation as Testimony to what comes

AFTER The Written Word that we have .
------------------------------------------------------------------

TESTIMONY = In the law, testimony is a form of evidence that is obtained from a witness who makes a solemn statement or declaration of fact. Testimony may be oral or written, and it is usually made by oath or affirmation under penalty of perjury.

Therefore, since the Apostle JOHN states that it is the TRUTH then it is TRUE .:thumb:

And it is AFTER because it is the LAST Book in the Bible. :p:p:p
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Does he sound like he talks as follows:?

"I also affirm Chalcedonian Dyophysitic Christology of the Hypostatic Union, though allowing for some inclusion of Cyrillian Miaphysitism. I DISaffirm Nestorian, Eutychian, and Appollinarian variants of Christology and any hint of pure Monophysitism. Theanthropos is the singular qualitatively-processed divine hypostasis, having taken on (and underlying) a human physis to accompany the inherent divine physis for God's singular ousia......."-the spirit of Col.Flagg

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4227118&posted=1#post4227118

I'm still scratchin' my noggin.

Big Words, I Don't Do Those, When They Can Be Stated Clearly. Maybe It Is a Way to Hide Behind Linguistics. Using Them in Conversation Only Shows Shortcuts, and a Quick Getaway. People Should Try Using Their Own Words, Fearlessly. Unless, Posting Scripture WISELY

Jerry Shugart

The heart and soul of the Christian revelation--the glorious gospel of the grace of God:

"And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Lk.18:9-14).​

Danoh

Personal favorites...

This...

Luke 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

And this...

Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

And this...

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.