What is God's first creation?

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
He was a Man, but not anymore. He went to heaven.

Remember what you said that Jesus says "in heaven there is no male or female"? Meaning there is no human in heaven.
That's completely wrong. Jesus is the Firstborn from the dead. He wasn't the first or the only human to rise from the dead, but He is the only One Who is risen as our new, glorified body; which is why He is Firstborn from the dead, even though there were other people who rose from the dead before Him; even Lazarus, whom He rose Himself, did not rise as our new, glorified, 'spiritual body' (1Co15:44KJV). He is a man, and He is in heaven, sitting at the right hand of the Father.

keypurr

My opinion, you would have been better off not trying to read it yourself, rather sticking to prayer and going along with how you were raised.

I disagree my friend. He said to seek and you will find. With his help I have reasonable proof that Jesus Christ is not God. I pray and study trying to understand our creator YHWH. Most folks do not think that I know the importance of Jesus Christ. They judge me because they do not understand why I think as I do.

My parents were just followers for their parents. They were very limited in their lack of Theology in depth. They were Baptist. I was one until I started asking questions. I then became an agnostic. It was while serving in the Navy I befriended a SDA, it was him who woke up my interest in God and his Son. We did a lot of study in the books of Daniel and Revelations. That got me to go deeper into the Bible. The more I found the more I looked deeper. When I got married I joined my wife's Lutheran Church, I was very active in that church, even served on the board, but I could not find God there. I had to leave. I had many discussions with the Pastors who could not answer the questions I asked. Now I belong to no church for I think that the true church are the folks who share God's love in their daily life and believe in one God, the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ.

Now I am comfortable in my faith.

keypurr

That's completely wrong. Jesus is the Firstborn from the dead. He wasn't the first or the only human to rise from the dead, but He is the only One Who is risen as our new, glorified body; which is why He is Firstborn from the dead, even though there were other people who rose from the dead before Him; even Lazarus, whom He rose Himself, did not rise as our new, glorified, 'spiritual body' (1Co15:44KJV). He is a man, and He is in heaven, sitting at the right hand of the Father.

Mat_22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
Mar_12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Mat_22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
Mar_12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
Keypurr, what does this have to do with what I wrote? Thanks.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I disagree my friend. He said to seek and you will find. ..........

My parents were just followers for their parents. They were very limited in their lack of Theology in depth. They were Baptist. I was one until I started asking questions. I then became an agnostic.
See, that is one big difference. Since I came on this forum I have consistently maintained that I was born an Episcopalian and always was an Episcopalian. I may have learned some theology were my parents did not; however, I am not much different than them. They did not have questions and become agnostic, I did not have much questions, until I was older and thought I would die, and now am more like my parents. Do you think your parents are going to hell?

I do not think I am going to hell, nor are my parents in hell, nor their parents. I just never questioned God to begin with. I never saw any reason to question my faith.

popsthebuilder

I do not know why Keypur thinks that way; it does not seem to me, he was brought up that way.

Trying to think for yourself invites the Devil to do the thinking for you. Far better being a Catholic, and believing in the Trinity, than trying to figure out religion by yourself and ending up all mixed up and confused.
You unwittingly promote fear as a cause of conformance as opposed to what we are to be guided by as believers.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

See, that is one big difference. Since I came on this forum I have consistently maintained that I was born an Episcopalian and always was an Episcopalian. I may have learned some theology were my parents did not; however, I am not much different than them. They did not have questions and become agnostic, I did not have much questions, until I was older and thought I would die, and now am more like my parents. Do you think your parents are going to hell?

I do not think I am going to hell, nor are my parents in hell, nor their parents. I just never questioned God to begin with. I never saw any reason to question my faith.
That's great, but some people may have found very good reason to question the doctrines of man from a very early age. Such things as "why are there no dinosaurs in the Bible if it is accurate historically, and why is life full of observable pain if "God" is merciful and loving? These things made me question or doubt much at a very early age...around kindergarten if I'm not mistaken. I think that if one has never questioned the logic and source of there "faith" then they are at least gullible, but could be complacent, comfortable in their worldly life, compartmentalizing faith separately from things to do with their worldly life, just following suit. Is fearing death so vehemently an attribute of a safe believer?

keypurr

That's great, but some people may have found very good reason to question the doctrines of man from a very early age. Such things as "why are there no dinosaurs in the Bible if it is accurate historically, and why is life full of observable pain if "God" is merciful and loving? These things made me question or doubt much at a very early age...around kindergarten if I'm not mistaken. I think that if one has never questioned the logic and source of there "faith" then they are at least gullible, but could be complacent, comfortable in their worldly life, compartmentalizing faith separately from things to do with their worldly life, just following suit. Is fearing death so vehemently an attribute of a safe believer?

I have no fear of death for the day of death is better than the day you were born.

Pops, some folks are content with what they have been taught all their life and do not wish to question the truth. They still hang up their socks at Christmas time in hopes that Santa will come.

Ktoyou is an honest person, she is content, I was not. I suspect you were not also. God bless you friend

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

When I was a college student, my mind was full of these questions, like most younger thinking folks. What you are noticing is my aging out of interest and accepting what I do know.

Keypurr has a very active mind, for his age.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no fear of death for the day of death is better than the day you were born.

Pops, some folks are content with what they have been taught all their life and do not wish to question the truth. They still hang up their socks at Christmas time in hopes that Santa will come.

Ktoyou is an honest person, she is content, I was not. I suspect you were not also. God bless you friend

I have studied the doctrines of many faiths. I have come to the conclusion that the truth is contained in the doctrines of Orthodox Christianity, in particular the Trinity. How can one claim to be a follower of Christ and not believe;

John 1:1

John 1:1 New Living Translation (NLT)
Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word
1 In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

John 1:14

John 1:14 New Living Translation (NLT)
14 So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.

John 1:18

John 1:18 New Living Translation (NLT)
18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God,[a] is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.

popsthebuilder

When I was a college student, my mind was full of these questions, like most younger thinking folks. What you are noticing is my aging out of interest and accepting what I do know.

Keypurr has a very active mind, for his age.
Regardless; if he says you mean well that is enough for me.

I wish you the best, and hope I didn't offend in trying toexplain a possible reason for ones questioning what they believed.

peace ma'am

popsthebuilder

I have studied the doctrines of many faiths. I have come to the conclusion that the truth is contained in the doctrines of Orthodox Christianity, in particular the Trinity. How can one claim to be a follower of Christ and not believe;

The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

14 So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.

18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God,[a] is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.
That doesn't denote trinity and surely doesn't make it salvific. It is very good to see you studying the actual origin texts and possible meanings of the individual words.

You've got some strong Faith it's for sure.

Do you really think that belief in the trinitarian view or expanation for GOD is needed for one to be safe from eternal destruction from our merciful GOD?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Regardless; if he says you mean well that is enough for me.

I wish you the best, and hope I didn't offend in trying toexplain a possible reason for ones questioning what they believed.

peace ma'am

If I would be so easily offended, then I do not belong here. You are fine with your comments, I am not all that unable to take some disagreement.

keypurr

The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

Your understanding of scripture is flawed BR.
You have limited yourself. Open your mind to what could be.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your understanding of scripture is flawed BR.
You have limited yourself. Open your mind to what could be.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
That's what you always revert to. It's getting old, oldie.

popsthebuilder

That is what scripture clearly states, for those that understand scripture.
That is what it states for those with a veiled tunnel vision due to gullibility and indoctrination by man motivated by greed fear and power and division.

Sounds super mercufil by the way.