What If Love Is NOT An Emotion

God's Truth

Love as described by the bible means to do no harm to your neighbor. But Jesus also tells us to take it a step further, if someone asks us to go a mile we should go two.

Love can also be described as romanticism or a deep pleasure in something (which can be evil) Sort of how lust isn't necessarily bad unless you lust after evil things. It's just a word but it's good to understand it instead of assume

You are wrong.

There is nothing ever evil about love.

j4jesus09

Then you must not feel love.
What I feel may be different than what you feel. How else would we know what we feel if we didn't discuss it? I asked you how does love feel? Why are you avoiding it? If you don't want to answer it then I will have to accept that otherwise you seem to be dodging the question.

God's Truth

What I feel may be different than what you feel. How else would we know what we feel if we didn't discuss it? I asked you how does love feel? Why are you avoiding it? If you don't want to answer it then I will have to accept that otherwise you seem to be dodging the question.

I am dodging nothing.

Love is love and it feels like love.

God's Truth

ok well indescribable i guess is your answer. lol, because that's not a description of what it feels like.

Why don't you accept that love feels like love?

Can you describe joy?

Would you describe joy as love?

You are going against me for saying love feels like love.

j4jesus09

Why don't you accept that love feels like love?

Can you describe joy?

Would you describe joy as love?

You are going against me for saying love feels like love.

Morning, to start, do not say that I'm going against you for it's not true about me. We may not agree on everything. That's okay. We are all growing daily. This subject is not truly a major concern GT as long as you and I are striving to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. Overall, the major point being made is you may not feel like loving someone but God says love your enemies. So we know from that alone love is not about a feeling. The point being made is love does, is about action or an overall mindset. Feelings of receiving or giving love feel good. What exactly we are feeling we don't know for sure. Just as joy is not describeable in specific detail we know it feels good though. So feeling good is what we feel ultimately whether it's love or what not. No one knows specifically what the feeling of love is. Good is what we feel!

God's Truth

Morning, to start, do not say that I'm going against you for it's not true about me. We may not agree on everything. That's okay. We are all growing daily. This subject is not truly a major concern GT as long as you and I are striving to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. Overall, the major point being made is you may not feel like loving someone but God says love your enemies. So we know from that alone love is not about a feeling. The point being made is love does, is about action or an overall mindset. Feelings of receiving or giving love feel good. What exactly we are feeling we don't know for sure. Just as joy is not describeable in specific detail we know it feels good though. So feeling good is what we feel ultimately whether it's love or what not. No one knows specifically what the feeling of love is. Good is what we feel!

You are going against me. As for you saying love is not a feeling, you are badly mistaken.

j4jesus09

You are going against me. As for you saying love is not a feeling, you are badly mistaken.

I'm not going against you.Whether we agree or disagree I want God's best for you!! I may think blue is a better color than what you think is a better color. That does not mean I'm going against you but it does say I'm think I'm right about what I'm saying until convinced otherwise. Don't be in your "feelings". :) Show me a scripture that states love is a feeling? You say love is a feeling show me a scripture that backs up your statement. Thank you.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I'm not going against you.Whether we agree or disagree I want God's best for you!! I may think blue is a better color than what you think is a better color. That does not mean I'm going against you but it does say I'm think I'm right about what I'm saying until convinced otherwise. Don't be in your "feelings". :) Show me a scripture that states love is a feeling? You say love is a feeling show me a scripture that backs up your statement. Thank you.

You are going against me, and don't tell me not to be in my feelings. Jesus says to be like minded. If God said blue is a better color than it is and there would be no other better color.

So then, you do not believe that love is a feeling, and an emotion; yet that is what all the dictionaries for every language say it is.

Maybe this will help convince you, read about what Paul says love is and what it is not.

Now read how Paul says if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

If love were not a feeling and only an action, then Paul would not say what he says.

j4jesus09

You are going against me, and don't tell me not to be in my feelings. Jesus says to be like minded. If God said blue is a better color than it is and there would be no other better color.

So then, you do not believe that love is a feeling, and an emotion; yet that is what all the dictionaries for every language say it is.

Maybe this will help convince you, read about what Paul says love is and what it is not.

Now read how Paul says if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

If love were not a feeling and only an action, then Paul would not say what he says.

God never said love is a feeling GT, you did. That's okay though. We do feel something. I'm cool with that. Just have to be careful with feelings. I believe when someone loves me it feels good. Yes. If you do these things but don't have love it profits nothing. Why didn't he say if I do all these things but don't FEEL love it profits me nothing? What are you convincing me of here. Love is selfless and cares about the other person. If I do these things without love in my heart why am I doing it? Ask yourself that. If I'm doing for another and it's not out of love, why am I doing it? That's Paul's message here. What is the purpose? To make myself look good to others. That is not love. Love does for others out of sincerity of the heart and mind. Anyhow. It's all good!

God's Truth

God never said love is a feeling GT, you did. That's okay though. We do feel something. I'm cool with that. Just have to be careful with feelings. I believe when someone loves me it feels good. Yes. If you do these things but don't have love it profits nothing.

You are in a state of confusion. Just believe.

Why didn't he say if I do all these things but don't FEEL love it profits me nothing?

Everyone knows that love is a feeling. Read the description of love from any dictionary in any language of the world.

What are you convincing me of here. Love is selfless and cares about the other person. If I do these things without love in my heart why am I doing it? Ask yourself that. If I'm doing for another and it's not out of love, why am I doing it? That's Paul's message here. What is the purpose? To make myself look good to others. That is not love. Love does for others out of sincerity of the heart and mind. Anyhow. It's all good!

Think about it some more, for with the measure you use it will be measured to you and more.

j4jesus09

You are in a state of confusion. Just believe.

Everyone knows that love is a feeling. Read the description of love from any dictionary in any language of the world.

Think about it some more, for with the measure you use it will be measured to you and more.

Everyone knows that love is a feeling? Really everyone? Maybe you should think before you speak. Read the description of love from a dictionary in any language of the world? No thanks. The "world" can't tell me about love. Their view of love is distorted anyways. I will stick with the bible and 1st cor 13 for my definition. You should too!

God's Truth

Everyone knows that love is a feeling? Really everyone? Maybe you should think before you speak. Read the description of love from a dictionary in any language of the world? No thanks. The "world" can't tell me about love. Their view of love is distorted anyways. I will stick with the bible and 1st cor 13 for my definition. You should too!

The New Testament was written in Greek, and translated to English. lol

Love is the word used in both languages and it is a feeling, an emotion.

j4jesus09

The New Testament was written in Greek, and translated to English. lol

Love is the word used in both languages and it is a feeling, an emotion.

Not speaking about the word love my dear, but the definition of love. Pretty sure most dictionaries are not pulling 1st Cor 13. What you think? Anyhow GT, "I love you" and I'm not speaking from feelings or emotions. Just a sound mind! I love you and you keep striving in God and the Lord Jesus Christ as I will do the same. Amen.

God's Truth

Not speaking about the word love my dear, but the definition of love. Pretty sure most dictionaries are not pulling 1st Cor 13. What you think? Anyhow GT, "I love you" and I'm not speaking from feelings or emotions. Just a sound mind! I love you and you keep striving in God and the Lord Jesus Christ as I will do the same. Amen.

You are confused and go against God.

Keep searching.

republicanchick

Love is wanting what is objectively speaking best for the "loved one"

most people don't get it (self included, but not in the head, just the heart. My head knows what real love is... but it is not always easy to convince the messed up heart)

____