What Does God Require For Your Salvation?

john w

Hall of Fame
All that I am saying is that we will have to deal with the flesh even though we know that we sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

We are in Christ-now;you argued the opposite.

Among many:

Romans 12:5 KJV So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Romans 16:3 KJV Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:

Romans 16:7 KJV Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

1 Corinthians 1:2 KJV Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

1 Corinthians 1:30 KJV But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

And on, and on...

Unbelievable...
We know that, but we are not "In Christ" yet.]

glorydaz

All that I am saying is that we will have to deal with the flesh even though we know that we sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

That would be true if we were "wretched" and "carnal" and "sold under sin", instead of beloved and spiritual and dead to sin. When Paul says we are to "reckon" ourselves dead to sin, he is not talking about pretending we are dead to sin....or hoping we are dead to sin. He is saying to believe it to be so. The minute we believe it to be so, we see it is, indeed, so. We don't have to do those things we hate.

We can do those things we would do. We have found "how to perform that which is good."

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.​

Which, of course, Paul tells us, "I can do all things through Christ..."

Too many people give themselves a reason to do what they would not, just because they think Paul is saying we are wretched men while dwelling in this body of flesh. It's simply not true. Once we believe we are dead to sin, we don't see sin at every turn of the road. We do not accuse ourselves at every turn for every little fault....accusing ourselves of those very things God is using to conform us into the image of the Son. Preoccupation with sin is what those who are under the law have. Let them have it. They see sin everywhere they look.

They are wretched men.

We are not.

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Robert Pate

Banned
That would be true if we were "wretched" and "carnal" and "sold under sin", instead of beloved and spiritual and dead to sin. When Paul says we are to "reckon" ourselves dead to sin, he is not talking about pretending we are dead to sin....or hoping we are dead to sin. He is saying to believe it to be so. The minute we believe it to be so, we see it is, indeed, so. We don't have to do those things we hate.

We can do those things we would do. We have found "how to perform that which is good."

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.​

Which, of course, Paul tells us, "I can do all things through Christ..."

Too many people give themselves a reason to do what they would not, just because they think Paul is saying we are wretched men while dwelling in this body of flesh. It's simply not true. Once we believe we are dead to sin, we don't see sin at every turn of the road. We do not accuse ourselves at every turn for every little fault....accusing ourselves of those very things God is using to conform us into the image of the Son. Preoccupation with sin is what those who are under the law have. Let them have it. They see sin everywhere they look.

They are wretched men.

We are not.

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

I agree with you 100%.

The religious are the ones that are preoccupied with sin. They are trying to do in their flesh what God has already done for us in Jesus Christ. In God's eyes we are already perfect and complete "In Christ". How are we going to improve on that? We are already "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven.