ECT What determines culture that men live by in a society?

Interplanner

Revised state codes. RCs.

As far as what they wish they could live by, that's separate question. In Sweden, even the centrist part youth are asking, why can't an individual marry several people since gender does not matter any more? There is a prediction that polygamy will be allowed within a decade. In a bizarre twist, it would accommodate both the Western sexual liberal and the Muslim.

Cross Reference

It is apparent democracy has it's downside. Socrates found that out.

But the point is, majority rules. They determine the direction the nation with go. Ergo, they establish or change existing culture. We need only compare our nation today with what it was 50-60 years ago. . . or even last year!

Hey brad! You don't seen to reply much to what is written to you. Is there some reason for that?. . :)

Interplanner

This week's question: how did FDR's prayer for the preservation of religion and civilization during the week of D-Day become hijacked by the Left and is now abandoned?

Sonnet

Revised state codes. RCs.

As far as what they wish they could live by, that's separate question. In Sweden, even the centrist part youth are asking, why can't an individual marry several people since gender does not matter any more? There is a prediction that polygamy will be allowed within a decade. In a bizarre twist, it would accommodate both the Western sexual liberal and the Muslim.

This is really going to happen?

Cross Reference

This is really going to happen?

Whatever majority wants, marjority gets. When society breaks loose from it moral moorings it all is up for grabs and which agenda ridden group controls the scene controls the people. UK is leading by capitulation in this with every other nation in close pursuit.

Sonnet

Whatever majority wants, marjority gets. When society breaks loose from it moral moorings it all is up for grabs and which agenda ridden group controls the scene controls the people. UK is leading by capitulation in this with every other nation in close pursuit.

So once the line is crossed...same sex marriage...then the push for more and more freedom increases?

Cross Reference

So once the line is crossed...same sex marriage...then the push for more and more freedom increases?

Freedom? It might be called that but, is that what it really is? It has been proven that a morally corrupt mankind can only destroy itself. What do you believe laws are for?

Cross Reference

Indeed.

The article does suggest that the Center Youth Party has now dropped the Polygamy proposal.

But still the whole of them will have no God rule over them so it is just a matter of time before that phase of their destruction is revisited.

"By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures."
Proverbs 8:15-21 (KJV)

Why would a nation not seek God except the law of the flesh rules them . . .and to their destruction? No vision, knowledge. No righteousness, the people perish.

Sonnet

But still the whole of them will have no God rule over them so it is just a matter of time before that phase of their destruction is revisited.

"By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures."
Proverbs 8:15-21 (KJV)

Why would a nation not seek God except the law of the flesh rules them . . .and to their destruction? No vision, knowledge. No righteousness, the people perish.

Right.

Perhaps this might be a good thread to discuss the troubling issue of OT polygamy.

You know David was never rebuked for having more than one wife? Rather, this was said:

2 Sam 12
7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more.

It remains shocking.

Cross Reference

Right.

Perhaps this might be a good thread to discuss the troubling issue of OT polygamy.

You know David was never rebuked for having more than one wife? Rather, this was said:

2 Sam 12
7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more.

It remains shocking.

Shocking? Nathan was passing the judgmnent of God upon David for adultery and murder, NOT for wanting another wife. Here and because of the king"s governed yet sovereign desire for another partner for which to share his intimacy:

"Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead."
Acts 17:29-31 (KJV)

Consider: The bride of Christ is multimembered and yet one.. David was a man after God's own heart. David was a type of Jesus Christ.