What are some ways you like to cool off from the Summer heat?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 1st, 2011

toldailytopic:What are some ways you like to cool off from the Summer heat?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In winter I leave a Barbarian thread open for all the hot air. ;)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
109* expected for today.

111* and 112* expected for the next two days. This is a record for us. We're soooooooo miserable!!! :dead:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
109* expected for today.

111* and 112* expected for the next two days. This is a record for us. We're soooooooo miserable!!! :dead:
Dang!

Water boils at a hundred!!

Iced pearl milk tea (sans DEHP). :thumb:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dang!

Water boils at a hundred!!

Well to help out with the utility bills, we cooked our dinner last night out on our driveway. :thumb: :D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
what did we do before a/c?

we used a big exhaust fan in the upstairs window but only when the outside was cooler than the inside
and
the rest of the day the windows were kept closed

my dad sat under a shade tree
and
we would bring him beer

today I drink beer inside with the a/c on
and
sometimes I wish we didn't have it

the a/c
not
the beer

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know what it really cool in summer? Ankor Wat. Head over to Cambodia and sit under the great big slabs of rock. Cool as a cucumber when it is scorching hot a few feet away. :up:

Antarctica is also nice. But it's winter there. :snow:

Last edited:

Buzzword

109* expected for today.

Seriously.

And guess when my wife and I are moving?

Yep. The HOTTEST DAYS OF THE WHOLE SUMMER.

As for keeping cool...just don't go outside, ever.
Keep the thermostat around 70 to save on electricity, and it'll stay "cool," not "cold" around the house, which is much more comfortable, and you won't go into shock if you have to go outside for something.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cooling off when the heat is on: Heat can be reduced by shutting down sources of heat. There's the 'ol stove that can be left off. The old style computers monitors used to generate a lot of heat. There is a heat source that many neglect to turn off--Left Wing politicians jabbering about Global Warming. If they would sit down and button their beaks the temperature would drop ten degrees.:mmph:

Now my personal favorite: Staying indoors and enjoying a good adult beverage. The lakes out this way get too nasty in the heat and chlorinated pools wreck my hair.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Evaprotive (swamp) Cooler. It doesn't get the house much cooler than about 75° but when its 95° or more outside, it feels wonderful.

But we did escape to the mountains for a few days to enjoy the cool evenings.