weekly weigh in

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How exactly does one do a half of a chin up. Isn't that called the flex arm hang?

john w

Hall of Fame
Lunch today:

2 hunks of chocolate cake

:chew:
I hear that, when you have eggs for breakfast, Mayor, you think to yourself, about your Mary Grace," You're that cats. I think about cha all the time. Sometimes at breakfast I stare down at my eggs, and I see your face right in there."

Smooth, Mayor....Smooth....

Jogged down to Granny's Pancake House this morning...Stooped down, stretched my arm, to pet a cat....When no one was looking, kicked said cat. Ate 2.22 doughnuts. Walked briskly home. Swang, and missed, a wasp. Jumped onto scales. Weighed in at 172.22 lbs. Jumped off scale.

Took a nap.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Men's Raw World Records.

So you know, first and foremost, that this is as strong as you can get. About 700 lbs bench press. 1000 lbs dead lift. 1200 lbs squat.

I use these figures to determine how to train. Squats are the biggest lifts, which means they engage the most overall musculature, followed by dead lift and then bench press.

Squatting has been shown to build even muscles that don't seem to be all that involved in the lift.

SaulToPaul 2

I hear that, when you have eggs for breakfast, Mayor, you think to yourself, about your Mary Grace," You're that cats. I think about cha all the time. Sometimes at breakfast I stare down at my eggs, and I see your face right in there."

Smooth, Mayor....Smooth....

Jogged down to Granny's Pancake House this morning...Stooped down, stretched my arm, to pet a cat....When no one was looking, kicked said cat. Ate 2.22 doughnuts. Walked briskly home. Swang, and missed, a wasp. Jumped onto scales. Weighed in at 172.22 lbs. Jumped off scale.

Took a nap.

You're just like that fella that just won the hot dog eating contest.
I reckon you could eat 170 hotdogs, step right on the scale, 172.222 lbs.

A physical marvel...

SaulToPaul 2

Men's Raw World Records.

So you know, first and foremost, that this is as strong as you can get. About 700 lbs bench press. 1000 lbs dead lift. 1200 lbs squat.

I use these figures to determine how to train. Squats are the biggest lifts, which means they engage the most overall musculature, followed by dead lift and then bench press.

Squatting has been shown to build even muscles that don't seem to be all that involved in the lift.

An average male who has trained hard for a few years should be able to:

Bench- 1.5 bodyweight
DeadLift - 2.0 bodyweight
Squat- Atleast 2.0 bodyweight

I'm getting fairly close on bench and dead lift.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Bench- 1.5 bodyweight

One rep won't cut it in the NFL. Not saying I would not be a first day washout.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Bench- 1.5 bodyweight
DeadLift - 2.0 bodyweight
Squat- Atleast 2.0 bodyweight

I think of it like this. Each of us, given the potential that resides within our members, has a theoretical peak strength. Almost nobody is at their peak strength all the time, but if we could quit our jobs and become career weight lifters instead, we would eventually be at our peak strength all the time. We would increase our strength until we reached peak, and then we would plateau, which is inevitable because we are bounded by the world records that I posted, so we can't exceed that strength anyway, no matter who we are, because these records are set by people who are career lifters, and therefore are at their peak strength, and these are the world records that they achieve.

So it sounds like you are nearer to your peak strength than most people are.

:thumb:

Also, I'm not sexist in posting only men's records. Like in every sport except long distance swimming, men are better than ladies, so posting men's records is the same as posting human records. It's not sexist.

:)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, I'm not sexist in posting only men's records. Like in every sport except long distance swimming, men are better than ladies, so posting men's records is the same as posting human records. It's not sexist.

No, it is called reality. Glad to know you are not a feminist.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No, it is called reality. Glad to know you are not a feminist.
:chuckle: It's the LPGA and not the PGA with a sexist policy about who can play. That's just one example. Not sexism; they're just not good enough.

:idunno:

Take it up with the Maker.