weekly weigh in

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So a few people have been asking for some photographic evidence of my progress. The first photo is me at somewhere around my all time high. The next photos are the before and after pics of my six week challenge that ended last week.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Delmar, that is much much better. You are doing your family well, not just you.

bybee

So a few people have been asking for some photographic evidence of my progress. The first photo is me at somewhere around my all time high. The next photos are the before and after pics of my six week challenge that ended last week.

I commend you soooo much! This is no easy task!

Breathe

That is the plan.

Awesome job, Delmar! A few years ago, I embarked on a journey to better health - my heart was weak, and it was a matter of life or death for me. 6 years later, I am 111 pounds lighter, with a normal BMI. My heart disease has been reversed, and I feel better than I did in my 30's. You can do it! If I can, anyone can! :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So according to the scale I did drop any weight this week but Idid manage to fit in the next size smaller jeans today.

Mr. 5020

I'm down another 2 pounds, bringing it to 18 lbs. total.

Over the weekend, I encountered a gout flare-up that pretty much disabled me, so I'm hoping no weight was added back.

lifeisgood

I'm down another 2 pounds, bringing it to 18 lbs. total.

Over the weekend, I encountered a gout flare-up that pretty much disabled me, so I'm hoping no weight was added back.

I understand that if you eat 12 cherries every single day, it MAY reduce the risk of gout flareups.

One study says: The biggest risk reduction, however, came with eating fresh cherries while taking the anti-gout medication allopurinol (Lopurin, Zyloprim). That combination was linked to a 75 percent reduction in the risk of a gout attack.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/10/12/can-few-cherries-day-keep-gout-away/

Mr. 5020

I understand that if you eat 12 cherries every single day, it MAY reduce the risk of gout flareups.

One study says: The biggest risk reduction, however, came with eating fresh cherries while taking the anti-gout medication allopurinol (Lopurin, Zyloprim). That combination was linked to a 75 percent reduction in the risk of a gout attack.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/10/12/can-few-cherries-day-keep-gout-away/
Gout has been quite the cross to bear.

I have another doctor's appointment scheduled for June 12. It's a different doctor since my previous one has not addressed the gout issue at all.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My doc said I didn't need statins anymore ..

You never needed to take them. The only thing they do is increase the chance of dementia from blocking the nutrition (cholesterol carries it) to the brain.

lifeisgood

Gout has been quite the cross to bear.

I have another doctor's appointment scheduled for June 12. It's a different doctor since my previous one has not addressed the gout issue at all.

Be careful with high-fructose. Real bad for gout.
Also crystalline fructose, which is more processed than high-fructose.
Splenda gives me brain 'electrical shocks'. If I eat something that I forgot to read the ingredients and my brain gives me 'shocks' every single time it has been that Splenda is there.
So I am very careful about substitute sugars being offered.

SaulToPaul 2

You never needed to take them. The only thing they do is increase the chance of dementia from blocking the nutrition (cholesterol carries it) to the brain.

Isn't it true that "high cholesterol" isn't caused by eating a lot of cholesterol?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isn't it true that "high cholesterol" isn't caused by eating a lot of cholesterol?

I am not sure if Martin ever talks about it but....dietary cholesterol has almost no effect on blood cholesterol levels. And for the record, the lower the cholesterol, the higher the chance of a heart attack.

As long as I am on the subject of the US government leading the charge to make people unhealthy and sick here is another one.

Vegetarian non-smokers are less healthy than red meat eating smokers. Now where is that Camel....

:smokie: