ECT We Shall Be Like the Lord Jesus When He Appears

Jerry Shugart

Let's look what the Apostle John said here:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"
(1 Jn.3:2).​

John told these believers that they were expecting to see the Lord Jesus appear while they remained alive and they were expecting that then they would be made like Him. I haven't seen any evidence that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth that any living believers will be made like Him when he appears. So I can only conclude that John's words can only be in regard to the "mystery" truth found here:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).​

Despite these facts some in the Neo-MAD community argue that the words of John are referring to the time when the Lord Jesus will return to the earth, even though there is no evidence that living saints at that time will put on new bodies like the body of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Or maybe they do have evidence that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth then at that time the living saints will put on new bodies like the one of the Lord.

If they do perhaps they will be kind enough to share those verses with us.

genuineoriginal

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"

John told these believers that they were expecting to see the Lord Jesus appear while they remained alive and they were expecting that then they would be made like Him. I haven't seen any evidence that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth that any living believers will be made like Him when he appears. So I can only conclude that John's words can only be in regard to the "mystery" truth found here:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).​

Despite these facts some in the Neo-MAD community argue that the words of John are referring to the time when the Lord Jesus will return to the earth, even though there is no evidence that living saints at that time will put on new bodies like the body of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Or maybe they do have evidence that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth then at that time the living saints will put on new bodies like the one of the Lord.

If you already provided the scriptural evidence, why are you asking for others to post the exact same verses?

Jerry Shugart

If you already provided the scriptural evidence, why are you asking for others to post the exact same verses?

I said that I see no evidence that the bodies of any living saints will be changed when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth but I am asking anyone if they have evidence that living saints will put on new bodies when He returns to the earth.

Are you aware of any?

genuineoriginal

I said that I see no evidence that the bodies of any living saints will be changed when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth but I am asking anyone if they have evidence that living saints will put on new bodies when He returns to the earth.

Are you aware of any?
What kind of evidence are you looking for, since you have rejected scriptural evidence.

genuineoriginal

What evidence from the Scriptures do you accuse me of rejecting?
These verses in the OP:

DAN P

Hi Jerry and every thing from Hebrews through Revelation is for Israel !!

John NEVER preached the MYSTERY that Paul preached and we do know that the B O C bodies will be transformed as Phil 3:21 says !!

In Ezek 36:26 and 27 , Israel will GET a new heart , and get a new spirit and verse 27 says that they , Israel will walk in my STATUTES and ye shall keep my Judgments and we see two different things here !!

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

You said nothing about what I said. Instead, y9u want to run off to something else. Please adress what I said in regard to the passages which I quoted.

Hi and I believe I did address part of your post and are you talking about 1 Cor 15 and 1 John 3:2 ??

They are speaking too different groups and as we have said many times , you bring in Israel and try to mix it with the B O C !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

They are speaking too different groups and as we have said many times , you bring in Israel and try to mix it with the B O C !!

No, there is only one appearance of the Lord Jesus when living saints will put on new glorious bodies like the Lord Jesus' glorious body. And that appearance is the one which only those in the Body of Christ will have a part.

And since those who received John's epistles were waiting for that appearance they too are members of the Body of Christ.

genuineoriginal

I have not rejected any evidence from the Scriptures. If you think that I have then prove it.
You posted the scriptural evidence that says we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye from mortal to immortal bodies, which changes us to be like Jesus at His coming.
Then you claimed that there was no evidence that this would happen.
If you start out by rejecting the scriptural evidence, then you have nothing.

So, why are you asking for more evidence when you have already rejected all of it?

Jerry Shugart

You posted the scriptural evidence that says we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye from mortal to immortal bodies, which changes us to be like Jesus at His coming.
Then you claimed that there was no evidence that this would happen.

I said that there is no evidence that the bodies of any living saints will be changed when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth.

There is evidence that the bodies of the living saints will be changed when they meet the Lord Jesus in the air.

Can you give any evidence that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth that the bodies of living saints will be changed?

john w

Hall of Fame
No, there is only one appearance of the Lord Jesus when living saints will put on new glorious bodies like the Lord Jesus' glorious body. And that appearance is the one which only those in the Body of Christ will have a part.

And since those who received John's epistles were waiting for that appearance they too are members of the Body of Christ.

Acts 2 blender Jer argues that there is no difference between the second coming and the rapture-"it all says the same thing."

Go ahead, Mr. Blender-Deny that you assert that Mt-John, Hebrews-Revelation talks about the mystery/rapture Paul discussed in 1 Cor. 15 ff, and Thessalonians=it is all the same thing-rapture=second coming=same event.

Go ahead.

Jerry Shugart

Acts 2 blender Jer argues that there is no difference between the second coming and the rapture-"it all says the same thing."

Sonny boy is confused again because I spoke of an appearance of the Lord where living saints will be changed and a another one when living saints won't be changed.

It's just way above his little head. He needs his mommie to explain it to him.

john w

Hall of Fame
Sonny boy is confused again because I spoke of an appearance of the Lord where living saints will be changed and a another one when living saints won't be changed.

It's just way above his little head. He needs his mommie to explain it to him.

Go ahead, Mr. Blender-Deny that you assert that Mt-John, Hebrews-Revelation talks about the mystery/rapture Paul discussed in 1 Cor. 15 ff, and Thessalonians=it is all the same thing-rapture=second coming=same event.

Go ahead, Mr. Peepers, who denies that the Lord Jesus Christ is God.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, you, on record, old man, sower of discord amongst the brethren, who has been banned from numerous forums, including christianforums.com, for misquoting others, asserts that the Lord Jesus Christ was a man in heaven, before incarnation, and is not God-he is changing his story:

The Lord Jesus was a man in heaven before he came to earth and thus he is not God.

Why do you deny it, satanic accuser?

Why should we believe you, instead of Paul, since you deny that the Lord Jesus Christ is God?

Why should we believe in your made up theories, Christ rejector, Acts 2 Mr. Blender, re,. the rapture, when you assert that children are identical to the Saviour in "sinlessness:"

Little children have the same sinlessness as the Saviour, and are identical to him, much like the blessed virgin Mary, the mother of God.

The rapture, discussed in Thessalonians and 1 Cor. 15 ff., and the second coming, in Mt.-John, Hebrews-Revelation, describe the same event.

Jerry Shugart

No, you, on record, old man, sower of discord amongst the brethren, who has been banned from numerous forums, including christianforums.com, for misquoting others, asserts that the Lord Jesus Christ was a man in heaven, before incarnation, and is not God-he is changing his story

I never said that the Lord Jesus is not God. In regard to the other, Sir Robert Anderson explains it much better that I can but his words can only be understood by spiritual Christians so it will be way over your head sonny boy:

"The revelation of the Son of Man will lead the spiritual Christian, who has learned to note the hidden harmony of Scripture, to recall the language of the creation story: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." "The type," as the biologist would phrase it, is not the creature of Eden, but He after whose likeness the creature was fashioned. And this suggests the solution of a "mystery." We are but men, and while angels behold the face of God, no man hath seen Him or can see Him. We are "flesh and blood," and "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God." And yet as men we are to dwell in heavenly glory; and that wonderful promise shall be fulfilled to us-" They shall see His face...How is this seeming paradox to be explained? "Flesh and blood" are not essential to humanity. True it is that, as "the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same. He assumed "a natural body." "For there is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." The one pertains to "the first man," who is "of the earth earthy, the other to "the second Man," who is "of heaven." For the Lord from heaven is "Very Man," and it is as Man that He is now upon the throne. But the body is not the man: it is but the tent, the outward dress, as it were, which covers Him. And He is "the same yesterday, and to-day, and for ever " the same who once trod the roads of Galilee and the streets of Jerusalem. He is enthroned as Man, but no longer now in "flesh and blood." For ere He "passed through the heavens" He changed His dress" (Sir Robert Anderson, The Lord From Heaven, p.31-32).​

I conclude, quite brilliantly, in extreme humility, that pre-fall, Adam and Eve had spiritual bodies of flesh and bone, "energized" by the Spirit of God, that did not require the life sustaining properties of blood, as we have now

So when Adam and Eve ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil their hearts starting beating and supplying the body with blood?

Did any other changes happen to their bodies when they ate of the forbidden tree?