ECT Water Baptism Not For Today

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, it is not.

Scripture tells me that I am already seated in heavenly places. I don't "need to be ready". I'm beyond ready.

Your confusion comes from failing to rightly divide God's dealing with Israel and their earthly kingdom and His heavenly place for the body of Christ.
101010.gif

God's Truth

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jesus came and walked the earth and only allowed those who already belonged to God to come to him.

Why wouldn't Jesus come for those who waited for him?

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Get over it and believe what is written.

God's Truth

I've read the Bible every day for 37 years and many times all day.

I know those scriptures well.

They must be rightly divided and understood in context.

God does NOT give understanding to those who read the Bible a hundred times.

God gives understanding to those who obey.

Come on, just ask me for the scriptures.

God's Truth

There is a CONTEXT to the scriptures that you constantly IGNORE.

Did God show favoritism when He SEPARATED Israel from the REST of the PEOPLE on EARTH?

What don't you get that JESUS is the reason the people blood related to Abraham were chosen?

Since Jesus, God does NOT play favoritism.

hahahahaha God CUT OFF AND HARDENED a lot of Jews!

What don't you get about that?

Right Divider

Body part
What don't you get that JESUS is the reason the people blood related to Abraham were chosen?

Since Jesus, God does NOT play favoritism.

hahahahaha God CUT OFF AND HARDENED a lot of Jews!

What don't you get about that?
Was God showing favoritism when He separated Israel from all of the other people on the earth?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would you like the scriptures that explain who God gives understanding to?

The scriptures do not say it is to those who read a lot.

Would you like those scriptures?
I would like an answer to my actual question, and not an answer to some question you have.
Who said GOD does NOT give understanding to those who read the Bible a hundred times?

God's Truth

I would like an answer to my actual question, and not an answer to some question you have.
Who said GOD does NOT give understanding to those who read the Bible a hundred times?

Give the scripture that says God gives understanding to those who read the Bible a lot. Give that scripture and I will say, "That's right". Never going to happen though.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Give the scripture that says God gives understanding to those who read the Bible a lot. Give that scripture and I will say, "That's right". Never going to happen though.

I am not the one claiming that GOD does NOT give understanding to those who read the Bible a hundred times.
You are.
So, who said GOD does NOT give understanding to those who read the Bible a hundred times?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You think He does.
Absolutely.
Steko and me have both read the bible a hundred times.
I'm sure a lot of other folks have too.
Have you read the bible a hundred times?
If you really believe your statement that GOD does NOT give understanding to those who read the Bible a hundred times, then you better stop reading the bible at 99.

Or, you could just stop saying things that are incorrect.

God's Truth

Absolutely.
Steko and me have both read the bible a hundred times.
I'm sure a lot of other folks have too.
Have you read the bible a hundred times?
If you really believe your statement that GOD does NOT give understanding to those who read the Bible a hundred times, then you better stop reading the bible at 99.

Or, you could just stop saying things that are incorrect.

God does not say He gives understanding to those who read the Bible a lot.

So why imply that He does?

Nowhere in the scriptures.