ECT Was the man Jesus God before He was Glorified . . .

dodge

. . . . . . or was His humanity simply speaking from a divine disposition?

I sincerely ask without a religious agenda.

Was the man Jesus God before He was Glorified ? Answer is yes.

Rev 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Cross Reference

Was the man Jesus God before He was Glorified ? Answer is yes.

Rev 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

I understand that but, was Jesus God before He was glorified?

dodge

I understand that but, was Jesus God before He was glorified?

Yes ! Jesus did NOT begin when Mary was over shadowed by the Holy Spirit.

Heb 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Cross Reference

Yes ! Jesus did NOT begin when Mary was over shadowed by the Holy Spirit.

Heb 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

It reads the "Word of God" did not begin with Jesus of Mary's womb. I agree, He didn't. But now, Jesus, the man, is the eternal "Word of God" in glorified Human Flesh, God making out of the two, one new man.See Eph.2:14-22 KJV.

Study more because you are incomplete in your understanding.

dodge

It reads the "Word of God" did not begin with Jesus of Mary's womb. I agree, He didn't. But now, Jesus, the man, is the eternal "Word of God" in glorified Human Flesh, God making out of the two, one new man.See Eph.2:14-22 KJV.

Study more because you are incomplete in your understanding.

Jesus was God before He put on flesh ! You might want to read and study the bible !

Cross Reference

Jesus was God before He put on flesh ! You might want to read and study the bible !

God never put on flesh. Try again.

Jesus Christ was an sinless independent human being who abandoned His life to God, His Father. Ring any bells?

Is God your Father?

Scripture is clear on who Jesus Christ is, before His resurrection and ascension, before He was even born of flesh.

John 1

The Eternal Word - Note: Jesus Christ very Creator

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

John's Witness: The True Light

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Word Becomes Flesh - Note: the eternal, pre-existent Word, very God, aforementioned

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.' "

I would say Jesus Christ was always glorified, in the sense He was very God, of glory, God come down from heaven to mankind, John saying just this about His glory, "we beheld His glory." Everything about Jesus Christ is glorious.

genuineoriginal

Was the man Jesus God before He was Glorified . . .

. . . . . . or was His humanity simply speaking from a divine disposition?

I sincerely ask without a religious agenda.
The Bible repeatedly calls Jesus the Son of God.
The Bible never once states that Jesus is God.

Do you believe the Bible is right about that?

Cross Reference

The Bible repeatedly calls Jesus the Son of God.
The Bible never once states that Jesus is God.

Do you believe the Bible is right about that?

1. To the contrary, if Isa 9:6 alludes to anyone it alludes to Jeus Christ, wouldn't you say?:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

The thing to remember is that Jesus was never called by those titles while on Earth but rather He will be called by those titles AFTER everything is said and done with regards to the Godhead of eternity.

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth" Philippians 2:10 (KJV)

The Bible more so calls Jesus son of man . . . . 197 to 48.

genuineoriginal

1. To the contrary, if Isa 9:6 alludes to anyone it alludes to Jeus Christ, wouldn't you say?:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

The thing to remember is that Jesus was never called by those titles while on Earth but rather He will be called by those titles AFTER everything is said and done with regards to the Godhead of eternity.

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth" Philippians 2:10 (KJV)

What is the most important things the Bible states about the relationship between Jesus and God?

Luke 1:28-37
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.​

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.​

Hebrews 1:5
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?​

John 3:18
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The verse does not say the person that does not believe Jesus is God is condemned, the verse says the person that does not believe Jesus is the only begotten Son of God is condemned.

There are less than a dozen passages in the Bible that can be interpreted as claiming Jesus is the God that begat Him, but there are many more that claim that Jesus is the Son of God and that God is the one that gives Jesus all Jesus' power and authority.

Cross Reference

There are less than a dozen passages in the Bible that can be interpreted as claiming Jesus is the God that begat Him, but there are many more that claim that Jesus is the Son of God and that God is the one that gives Jesus all Jesus' power and authority.

While we know God is the Author of Creation, Jesus alone, son of man, is the Author of our salvation. For that reason will God in that day highly exalt the NAME of Jesus above even His own. Until that day does Jesus sit at His Fathers righthand. See also Heb 2:10 KJV.

nikolai_42

But look at those titles...more specifically a couple that seem to be rather definitive :

The mighty God...
The everlasting Father...

While Jesus certainly was humbled in His coming to earth (and the exact degree of that humility I would say is hard to fathom, given what He gave up to do so), that's just part of the point. He took on Himself titles that did not exalt His Deity so much as His condescension - He called Himself The Son of Man more than He did the Son of God while on earth (which you point out). But that is framed with verses like John 17:5 and John 8:58. If that last verse was anything but entirely true, how could one call Jesus sinless? How could such blasphemy (and the Jews knew He was claiming to be God) be acceptable if He wasn't God manifested in the flesh? The flesh was certainly corruptible but He was sinless. He certainly suffered all the deficits that fallen man suffered - but never once yielded to any sort of temptation to sin. In reading John 17:5, how can it not be obvious that we are looking at "bookends" (so to speak) of the exalted God that frame the 33 year advent of our Lord's appearing? He had glory with the Father before the world was (when He referred to Himself as "I AM"). And He was glorified as the author of salvation after being made like unto His brethren becoming the Captain of their salvation and humbling Himself unto the death of the cross. This is no exalted man, but the Lamb God provided for Himself that taketh away the sin of the world. The flesh that Christ took on was not God. The flesh itself did not pre-exist. But the Christ of God that inhabited eternity took on the contradictions and limitations that came with entering into the temporal realm. He was still God but He willingly subjected Himself to that which He was not obliged to (save by His own word). The continuity of His Godhead included a discontinuity in His habitation.

And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Hebrews 2:14-18

If His nature was not that of men nor angels, what's left?

Cross Reference

But look at those titles...more specifically a couple that seem to be rather definitive :

The mighty God...
The everlasting Father...

While Jesus certainly was humbled in His coming to earth (and the exact degree of that humility I would say is hard to fathom, given what He gave up to do so), that's just part of the point. He took on Himself titles that did not exalt His Deity so much as His condescension - He called Himself The Son of Man more than He did the Son of God while on earth (which you point out). But that is framed with verses like John 17:5 and John 8:58. If that last verse was anything but entirely true, how could one call Jesus sinless? How could such blasphemy (and the Jews knew He was claiming to be God) be acceptable if He wasn't God manifested in the flesh? The flesh was certainly corruptible but He was sinless. He certainly suffered all the deficits that fallen man suffered - but never once yielded to any sort of temptation to sin. In reading John 17:5, how can it not be obvious that we are looking at "bookends" (so to speak) of the exalted God that frame the 33 year advent of our Lord's appearing? He had glory with the Father before the world was (when He referred to Himself as "I AM"). And He was glorified as the author of salvation after being made like unto His brethren becoming the Captain of their salvation and humbling Himself unto the death of the cross. This is no exalted man, but the Lamb God provided for Himself that taketh away the sin of the world. The flesh that Christ took on was not God. The flesh itself did not pre-exist. But the Christ of God that inhabited eternity took on the contradictions and limitations that came with entering into the temporal realm. He was still God but He willingly subjected Himself to that which He was not obliged to (save by His own word). The continuity of His Godhead included a discontinuity in His habitation.

And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Hebrews 2:14-18

If His nature was not that of men nor angels, what's left?

Jesus, the Body prepared for the indwelling "Word of God" to inhabit, was of Adam's race but sinlessly conceived in order for the redemption of it to be made effective by His shed blood. There was no one else and other way to enter Adam's race from the outside. The handshake with Adam's was through Mary to Nathan, son of David.

OMT: He had [2] one natural and one Spiritual nature. The [2] natures were intimately related because of the sinlessness of His flesh nature. When one is born again, the same arranged is made possible for the one who seeks and worships God as Jesus did. He prayed much.

nikolai_42

Jesus, the Body prepared for the indwelling "Word of God" to inhabit, was of Adam's race but sinlessly conceived in order for the redemption of it to be made effective by His shed blood. There was no one else and other way to enter Adam's race from the outside. The handshake with Adam's was through Mary to Nathan, son of David.

OMT: He had [2] one natural and one Spiritual nature. The [2] natures were intimately related because of the sinlessness of His flesh nature. When one is born again, the same arranged is made possible for the one who seeks and worships God as Jesus did. He prayed much.

I guess I'm missing something. Earlier in this thread you said "God never put on flesh" but here you seem to be conceding that He did. Unless you are saying His flesh will be what is glorified with the name above every other name. The book of Revelation doesn't imply that when it speaks of the Lamb that was slain opening the book.

And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Revelation 5:3

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Revelation 5:6

The worship envisioned is not due any created being.

Cross Reference

I guess I'm missing something. Earlier in this thread you said "God never put on flesh" but here you seem to be conceding that He did. Unless you are saying His flesh will be what is glorified with the name above every other name. The book of Revelation doesn't imply that when it speaks of the Lamb that was slain opening the book.

I rather believe the flesh took on the Word of God, God. Jesus received from Him for 30 yrs and then began His going forth to present the "ways of God" to a dying world. Some received. Some did not. At the end was He glorified to be the "Word of God" in glorified human flesh for a;; eternity.