ECT Was love the main teaching Jesus taught?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now you're putting words in my mouth, people who do that are not very skilled in debating as rather than be pleased that they have learned something new, their pride will not let them admit they were wrong and they have to resort to making an argument up that they can then win.

A question mark indicates a question. How can my question put words in your mouth?

Hint: this is a question, notice the punctuation mark?

The John 14 quote invalidates your point.

Without Christ you won't be in his kingdom.

As Paul said the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)

DAN P

A question mark indicates a question. How can my question put words in your mouth?

DAN P

Hi and with Christ he will be in the Body of Christ and NOT in the Kingdom of Heaven !!

Your quote in 1 Cor 13 :13 is this !!

After verse 8 is says " THEY WILL BE " 3 gifts that are in the FUTURE TENSE that will be in operation , during Jacob's trouble in the Great Tribulation !!

But there ABIDETH / MENO , which is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and that places verse 13 at the END of the dispensation of the Grace of God !! WHY ??

Because we see Him our FAITH will be MADE SIGHT as we will see God !!

Also our HOPE will then see are New Bodies !!

And only LOVE / AGAPE will remain !~!

dan p

WatchmanOnTheWall

There is this...

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. 4:24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them. 4:25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

THAT is HIS LOVE - an ACTION - in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.

And there is this...

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life etermal.

THAT His HATE - of UNRIGHTEOUSNESS - in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS - and His LOVE of RIGHTEOUSNESS - in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.

BOTH from within the RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT of God.

Rom. 5:6-8.

I'm talking about His teachings, not his actions.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?127707-Are-you-as-fed-up-as-me

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

Apologies, I missed the '?'

John 14 was one of the 6 occations.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and with Christ he will be in the Body of Christ and NOT in the Kingdom of Heaven !!

You don't know the King. Too bad.

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him and He will separate them one from another as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world'" (Matthew 25:31-34)

Only the Shepherd's sheep will enter the kingdom.

Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep." (John 10:11)

Once again, only the Shepherd's sheep will enter the kingdom.

"Then comes the end when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father." (1 Corinthians 15:24)

If you're not in God's kingdom, you won't see the Father.

DAN P

You don't know the King. Too bad.

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him and He will separate them one from another as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world'" (Matthew 25:31-34)

Only the Shepherd's sheep will enter the kingdom.

Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep." (John 10:11)

Once again, only the Shepherd's sheep will enter the kingdom.

"Then comes the end when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father." (1 Corinthians 15:24)

If you're not in God's kingdom, you won't see the Father.

Hi and are you JEWISH , and you will see the 12 apostles judge Israel in the Millennial Kingdom ?

dan p

oatmeal

Today Jesus is recognised around the world as having started what is now the largest religion on Earth. His ministry of showing love for God and everyone, including our enemies (which was a new idea at the time), has proven to be very successful.

However, although Jesus is widely recognised as a very loving person, it wasn’t the main subject he tried to teach everyone on. In fact, during His ministry, He only spoke and taught about love on six separate occasions. This therefore represents less than one percent of His total ministerial teaching.

Love wasn’t the only reason He came to Earth. If it was then Jesus would have instead taught us more about love but clearly He had more important things to tell us in the time he was with us. So what was Jesus trying to teach us?

Jesus talked about Heaven and Hell quite a bit; The word Heaven is spoken by Jesus 123 times and Hell 27 times. Clearly Jesus wanted us to know that these two places are real and we’ll all end up in one or the other after this life.

That said around nearly a fifth of everything Jesus said related to money and possessions. He spoke even more about this subject than Heaven and Hell combined. This was because Jesus understood how money itself can become a god. Money is even more important now than it was then as He knew the world would end up turning to money more and more as the basis for our way of life.

However, above all and by a big margin Jesus taught more about His coming Kingdom and His return than any other subject. Over half of everything Jesus is recorded as saying related to this coming event. The phrase, Kingdom of God, appears fifty-three times in the New Testament Gospels and Kingdom of Heaven appears thirty-two times in the Gospel of Matthew alone. Jesus also made a specific point about this coming Kingdom at the very beginning of his ministry:

Mark 1:14-15
14 Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the Good News of God, and saying, 15 “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the Good News”.

After all just about everyone who will end up in Hell will be individuals who had loved others. Love itself does not get anyone into Heaven and as we draw nearer and near to His return this is why Jesus main teaching is more important now than ever.

Jesus Christ came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. John 10:10b

In order to receive that we must know what is taught about that. Most certainly, seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness is the first thing we should do. Matthew 6:33

The first and great commandment is to love God and the second is the love our neighbor

That is certainly foundational to receiving life and life more abundant.

Is how many times Jesus taught something a measure of how important something is?

I don't know

Is how many children you have the measure by which it is determined if you love your children or not?

WatchmanOnTheWall

Is how many times Jesus taught something a measure of how important something is?

That is indeed the question to ask.

If you only had a limited amount of time in which to pass on some information about something, what would you spend your time talking about most and what would you decide to talk about less. This was the dilemma Jesus was faced with.

Love is a simple (yet in some ways very complex) thing to instruct some one about. Most people know what love feels like and how to treat someone lovingly.

But the trying to explain what will happen in the future and why is very complicated. Think if you knew the future and you were trying to tell others about it. First of all most people will simply not believe you. Second you would have to explain ad nauseum in many different ways why you believe what you believe, that's why Jesus used so many parables. He could not speak plainly about the future because most could not accept that He knew:

Mathew 13
11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Read all of Matthew 13 for example and see:
http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/13.htm

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That is indeed the question to ask.

If you only had a limited amount of time in which to pass on some information about something, what would you spend your time talking about most and what would you decide to talk about less. This was the dilemma Jesus was faced with.

Love is a simple (yet in some ways very complex) thing to instruct some one about. Most people know what love feels like and how to treat someone lovingly.

But the trying to explain what will happen in the future and why is very complicated. Think if you knew the future and you were trying to tell others about it. First of all most people will simply not believe you. Second you would have to explain ad nauseum in many different ways why you believe what you believe, that's why Jesus used so many parables. He could not speak plainly about the future because most could not accept that He knew:

Mathew 13
11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Read all of Matthew 13 for example and see:
http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/13.htm

This is a lame excuse to justify your belief.

If you don't recognize that God and Jesus are whole context of the bible, you are deceiving yourself and others to astray.

oatmeal

Today Jesus is recognised around the world as having started what is now the largest religion on Earth. His ministry of showing love for God and everyone, including our enemies (which was a new idea at the time), has proven to be very successful.

However, although Jesus is widely recognised as a very loving person, it wasn’t the main subject he tried to teach everyone on. In fact, during His ministry, He only spoke and taught about love on six separate occasions. This therefore represents less than one percent of His total ministerial teaching.

Love wasn’t the only reason He came to Earth. If it was then Jesus would have instead taught us more about love but clearly He had more important things to tell us in the time he was with us. So what was Jesus trying to teach us?

Jesus talked about Heaven and Hell quite a bit; The word Heaven is spoken by Jesus 123 times and Hell 27 times. Clearly Jesus wanted us to know that these two places are real and we’ll all end up in one or the other after this life.

That said around nearly a fifth of everything Jesus said related to money and possessions. He spoke even more about this subject than Heaven and Hell combined. This was because Jesus understood how money itself can become a god. Money is even more important now than it was then as He knew the world would end up turning to money more and more as the basis for our way of life.

However, above all and by a big margin Jesus taught more about His coming Kingdom and His return than any other subject. Over half of everything Jesus is recorded as saying related to this coming event. The phrase, Kingdom of God, appears fifty-three times in the New Testament Gospels and Kingdom of Heaven appears thirty-two times in the Gospel of Matthew alone. Jesus also made a specific point about this coming Kingdom at the very beginning of his ministry:

14 Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the Good News of God, and saying, 15 “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the Good News”.

After all just about everyone who will end up in Hell will be individuals who had loved others. Love itself does not get anyone into Heaven and as we draw nearer and near to His return this is why Jesus main teaching is more important now than ever.

Did Jesus Christ or any other scripture state that there was a main teaching?

If there was a main teaching, should we guess what it is? or should we let scripture tell us what that main teaching is?

I am not qualified, (not being the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ) to make that call. After all Jesus spoke what the Father told him to speak. The son of God did not do his own will, but the will of the Father.

Does the Father tell us what the main teaching that Jesus Christ spoke was? or not?

1250s

Perhaps I missed it in my first reading of this post and replies, but Jesus' main teaching was far more than "love" and Kingdom Come.

First: His purpose in life and mission was the Atonement.

10 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.
11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.

Second: How we are saved

31 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, I will declare unto you my doctrine.
32 And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me.
33 And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.
34 And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.
35 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and I bear record of it from the Father; and whoso believeth in me believeth in the Father also; and unto him will the Father bear record of me, for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost.
36 And thus will the Father bear record of me, and the Holy Ghost will bear record unto him of the Father and me; for the Father, and I, and the Holy Ghost are one.

Sure, love and Kingdom, but what did he do to show and demonstrate his love of the Father and all of the Father's children (us/mankind) - he did the work of the Father, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life on man. Immortality = resurrection for all people. Eternal Life = the life the Father and Son enjoy, exalted in the Heavenly Kingdom.

How to be saved = faith in Christ as the one and only Savior & Redeemer & way back to the Father, repentance each and every day, baptism by those called of God, receiving the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands by those called if God (born again), enduring to the end by keeping the commandments where we are saved by grace.

This is the Doctrine of Christ.

3 Nephi 11

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/3-ne/11?lang=eng

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interplanner

Yes, this was basically His main teaching; The coming Kingdoms that will divide everyone.

He spoke specifically to 1st century Judaism. He was not trying to divide; he was acknowledging that in that setting he would divide. His message would indicate that Judaism would be in a delusion, and should be following his mission. It was perfectly clear to him that the messianic rebels would ruin the country (Lk 13, 17, 19, 21, 23).

The command to love was not new. The motivation was. There was little love in Judaism because it was done to obligate God to justify a person. Jesus showed the reverse arrangement about motivation. He said forgiveness was already here in the Son of God, and that a person was to follow suit. This exploded how Judaism thought and did things. This arrival of forgiveness was also the reign of God. Because the reign of God was here, people were to love and repent. They were not to do those things to gain God's attention and blessing.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Did Jesus Christ or any other scripture state that there was a main teaching?

If there was a main teaching, should we guess what it is? or should we let scripture tell us what that main teaching is?

I am not qualified, (not being the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ) to make that call. After all Jesus spoke what the Father told him to speak. The son of God did not do his own will, but the will of the Father.

Does the Father tell us what the main teaching that Jesus Christ spoke was? or not?

I'm simply going on the approximate percentage of what topics Jesus spoke and taught on.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Perhaps I missed it in my first reading of this post and replies, but Jesus' main teaching was far more than "love" and Kingdom Come.

First: His purpose in life and mission was the Atonement.

10 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.
11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.

Second: How we are saved

31 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, I will declare unto you my doctrine.
32 And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me.
33 And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.
34 And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.
35 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and I bear record of it from the Father; and whoso believeth in me believeth in the Father also; and unto him will the Father bear record of me, for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost.
36 And thus will the Father bear record of me, and the Holy Ghost will bear record unto him of the Father and me; for the Father, and I, and the Holy Ghost are one.

Sure, love and Kingdom, but what did he do to show and demonstrate his love of the Father and all of the Father's children (us/mankind) - he did the work of the Father, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life on man. Immortality = resurrection for all people. Eternal Life = the life the Father and Son enjoy, exalted in the Heavenly Kingdom.

How to be saved = faith in Christ as the one and only Savior & Redeemer & way back to the Father, repentance each and every day, baptism by those called of God, receiving the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands by those called if God (born again), enduring to the end by keeping the commandments where we are saved by grace.

This is the Doctrine of Christ.

3 Nephi 11

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/3-ne/11?lang=eng

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well yes actions speak louder than words as they say and Chris's death spoke volumes of His love for us but I am merely looking at the approximate percentage of what topics Jesus spoke and taught on.

WatchmanOnTheWall

He spoke specifically to 1st century Judaism. He was not trying to divide; he was acknowledging that in that setting he would divide. His message would indicate that Judaism would be in a delusion, and should be following his mission. It was perfectly clear to him that the messianic rebels would ruin the country (Lk 13, 17, 19, 21, 23).

The command to love was not new. The motivation was. There was little love in Judaism because it was done to obligate God to justify a person. Jesus showed the reverse arrangement about motivation. He said forgiveness was already here in the Son of God, and that a person was to follow suit. This exploded how Judaism thought and did things. This arrival of forgiveness was also the reign of God. Because the reign of God was here, people were to love and repent. They were not to do those things to gain God's attention and blessing.

I don't think I necessarily disagree with any of that, I'm simply going on the approximate percentage of what topics Jesus spoke and taught on.

Aimiel

Jesus spoke louder, longer, harder and far more eloquently of Love than the greatest preacher, longest-winded politician, most earnest prophet or most verbose poet: He spoke more by His actions and silence than all the speeches and writings in the world. He heralded The Gospel of forgiveness. The Kingdom of Heaven came to be available to us by His Words. We can carry His Presence wherever we go. We can manifest Him to others. It is His Love that makes life worthwhile. Clearly, anyone who doesn’t know what His Love means and how to share that Love with others hasn’t yet even seen The Kingdom.