ECT Was love the main teaching Jesus taught?

WatchmanOnTheWall

Today Jesus is recognised around the world as having started what is now the largest religion on Earth. His ministry of showing love for God and everyone, including our enemies (which was a new idea at the time), has proven to be very successful.

However, although Jesus is widely recognised as a very loving person, it wasn’t the main subject he tried to teach everyone on. In fact, during His ministry, He only spoke and taught about love on six separate occasions. This therefore represents less than one percent of His total ministerial teaching.

Love wasn’t the only reason He came to Earth. If it was then Jesus would have instead taught us more about love but clearly He had more important things to tell us in the time he was with us. So what was Jesus trying to teach us?

Jesus talked about Heaven and Hell quite a bit; The word Heaven is spoken by Jesus 123 times and Hell 27 times. Clearly Jesus wanted us to know that these two places are real and we’ll all end up in one or the other after this life.

That said around nearly a fifth of everything Jesus said related to money and possessions. He spoke even more about this subject than Heaven and Hell combined. This was because Jesus understood how money itself can become a god. Money is even more important now than it was then as He knew the world would end up turning to money more and more as the basis for our way of life.

However, above all and by a big margin Jesus taught more about His coming Kingdom and His return than any other subject. Over half of everything Jesus is recorded as saying related to this coming event. The phrase, Kingdom of God, appears fifty-three times in the New Testament Gospels and Kingdom of Heaven appears thirty-two times in the Gospel of Matthew alone. Jesus also made a specific point about this coming Kingdom at the very beginning of his ministry:

Mark 1:14-15
14 Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the Good News of God, and saying, 15 “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the Good News”.

After all just about everyone who will end up in Hell will be individuals who had loved others. Love itself does not get anyone into Heaven and as we draw nearer and near to His return this is why Jesus main teaching is more important now than ever.

DAN P

Today Jesus is recognised around the world as having started what is now the largest religion on Earth. His ministry of showing love for God and everyone, including our enemies (which was a new idea at the time), has proven to be very successful.

However, although Jesus is widely recognised as a very loving person, it wasn’t the main subject he tried to teach everyone on. In fact, during His ministry, He only spoke and taught about love on six separate occasions. This therefore represents less than one percent of His total ministerial teaching.

Love wasn’t the only reason He came to Earth. If it was then Jesus would have instead taught us more about love but clearly He had more important things to tell us in the time he was with us. So what was Jesus trying to teach us?

Jesus talked about Heaven and Hell quite a bit; The word Heaven is spoken by Jesus 123 times and Hell 27 times. Clearly Jesus wanted us to know that these two places are real and we’ll all end up in one or the other after this life.

That said around nearly a fifth of everything Jesus said related to money and possessions. He spoke even more about this subject than Heaven and Hell combined. This was because Jesus understood how money itself can become a god. Money is even more important now than it was then as He knew the world would end up turning to money more and more as the basis for our way of life.

However, above all and by a big margin Jesus taught more about His coming Kingdom and His return than any other subject. Over half of everything Jesus is recorded as saying related to this coming event. The phrase, Kingdom of God, appears fifty-three times in the New Testament Gospels and Kingdom of Heaven appears thirty-two times in the Gospel of Matthew alone. Jesus also made a specific point about this coming Kingdom at the very beginning of his ministry:

Mark 1:14-15
14 Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the Good News of God, and saying, 15 “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the Good News”.

After all just about everyone who will end up in Hell will be individuals who had loved others. Love itself does not get anyone into Heaven and as we draw nearer and near to His return this is why Jesus main teaching is more important now than ever.

Hi and what Jesus taught is found in Matt 10:7-22 , so what is your response ??

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
However, although Jesus is widely recognised as a very loving person, it wasn’t the main subject he tried to teach everyone on.

Sure it was. Christ's kingdom is based on his covenant.

The first five instructions define love toward God, the other five define love toward neighbor.

Jesus said, "You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and your mother." (Luke 18:20)

"Do this and you will live." (Luke 10:28)

WatchmanOnTheWall

Sure it was. Christ's kingdom is based on his covenant.

The first five instructions define love toward God, the other five define love toward neighbor.

Jesus said, "You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and your mother." (Luke 18:20)

"Do this and you will live." (Luke 10:28)

No it wasn't, read the OP.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Hi and what Jesus taught is found in Matt 10:7-22 , so what is your response ??

dan p

Matthew 10:7–22

7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9 Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts, 10 nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.

11 “Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out. 12 And when you go into a household, greet it. 13 If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, tit will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgement than for that city!

16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless 6 as doves. 17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. 18 You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For bit will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; 20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

21 “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. 22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

No mention of love or any teaching about love, it's mainly concerned with His coming Kingdom as I said.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No mention of love or any teaching about love, it's mainly concerned with His coming Kingdom as I said.

Good point. Forget loving God and neighbor, right?

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." (John 14:21)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you don't believe the Bible's whole context is God and Jesus' love, you are deceived, and lead people astray. And misrepresent Them to the world.

It is a grave sin to do that, imo.

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

Good point. Forget loving God and neighbor, right?

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." (John 14:21)

Now you're putting words in my mouth, people who do that are not very skilled in debating as rather than be pleased that they have learned something new, their pride will not let them admit they were wrong and they have to resort to making an argument up that they can then win.

WatchmanOnTheWall

If you don't believe the Bible's whole context is God and Jesus' love, you will be deceived, and lead people astray. And misrepresent Them to the world.

It is a grave sin to do that, imo.

I see you're still smarting from our last debate and feel the over powering desire to follow me around to try and score some 'points'. Instead if you give it all to Jesus you will find peace and hopefully revelation. I pray you do.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I see you're still smarting from our last debate and feel the over powering desire to follow me around to try and score some 'points'. Instead if you give it all to Jesus you will find peace and hopefully revelation. I pray you do.

Nope, I follow you because you spread lies of God and Jesus' love teachings.

Get with the program.

You cannot refute my claim so you resort to personal attack. It is so you.

Besides, I am the only one who emphasize God and Jesus are love, it seems.

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

Nope, I follow you because you spread lies of God and Jesus' love teachings.

Get with the program.

You cannot refute my claim so you resort to personal attack. It is so you.

Then you are a troll.

Troll me one more time and I will ignore you.

I know how you hate being ignored :tunes:

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I edited my last comment.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Then you are a troll.

Troll me one more time and I will ignore you.

I know how you hate being ignored :tunes:

You ignore me because you cannot refute my claim of God and Jesus are love is the whole context of the Bible.

You are so predictable, friend.

You seem to hate being objected of your claims.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey watchman,

I am the chief supporter of God and Jesus are love.

But you don't want me to join in your thread because you cannot refute me.

You cannot take the challenge.

So far your claim has been refuted over and over.

Making a new thread about it will not change the fact that overall context of the Bible is God and Jesus' love for mankind.

I will keep on refuting over and over no mater what you bring.

DAN P

Matthew 10:7–22

7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9 Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts, 10 nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.

11 “Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out. 12 And when you go into a household, greet it. 13 If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, tit will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgement than for that city!

16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless 6 as doves. 17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. 18 You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For bit will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; 20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

21 “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. 22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Hi and the whole CONTEXT is Israel and you do not see that ???????????

dan p

Danoh

There is this...

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. 4:24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them. 4:25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

THAT is HIS LOVE - an ACTION - in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.

And there is this...

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life etermal.

THAT His HATE - of UNRIGHTEOUSNESS - in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS - and His LOVE of RIGHTEOUSNESS - in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.

BOTH from within the RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT of God.

Rom. 5:6-8.