Was animal sacrifice done away with in the new covenant?

Rosenritter

I was not talking about that. I have nothing to do with the Eucharist. Nor Good Friday. I believe you are asking if there is animal sacrifice in the new covenant. Well, when did the new covenant begin and is everyone a part of it? Obviously Paul sacrificed in the book of Acts.

When Christ died, the New Covenant was dedicated. His Church is 'part of it.'

Agreeing with clarification above, whereas the Old Covenant was sealed with the blood of animals (Exodus 24:8) the New Covenant was sealed in his blood (Hebrews 9:12, 10:29) so it would necessarily begin with his death.

Hebrews 10:7-19 KJV
(7) Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
(8) Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
(9) Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
(10) By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
(11) And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
(12) But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
(13) From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
(14) For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
(15) Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
(16) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
(17) And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
(18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
(19) Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

Those that partake of that covenant with him are called his church, and covenant is available to all (John 3:16). The church are those that are added to the Lord such as should be saved.

Acts 2:47 KJV
(47) Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Timothy 2:3-6 KJV
(3) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
(4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
(5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
(6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Danoh

Some people believe that it was when Christ died, yes. And the Church, but is the new covenant only good effectual or begun for us?

What is being completely ignored is that not all animal sacrifices had been to atone for man's sin.

In other words, you are dealing with a long held tradition of ignorance on this.

Their books based learned response is that Christ's sacrifice for man's sin replaced all Israel's sacrifices.

But as I have shown, Israel had all sorts of sacrifices that had nothing to do with man's sin, rather, with the fact that this world itself is fallen /tainted with sin, and will continue to remain falleb during Christ's Millennial Reign, and Israel will still be in a fallen physical body, as those in Early Acts had been, and so, Israel's various EXTERNAL cleansing and atoning rituals will STILL be in force.

Reread my post - THIS is what I was talking about.

What did I get in return from those who supposedly understood my post - passages from Hebrews, and so on, about the very opposite of what I was talking about.

Why?

Because theirs is the traditional view parroted in their endless books written by "Reformed" writers parroting what they themselves learned in previous books by "Reformed" writers, against the obvious in Scripture about Israel's Prophesied future.

You see this here...

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Not only is that yet future, but they will still be in a fallen physical body, and on a fallen physical Earth, prior to the Last and Final rebellion, at the end of a Thousand Years, followed by the Great White Throne Judgement, followed by The New Heaven and New Earth, at last...

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

His Millennial Reign is towards that purpose..

15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

The end of all that being...

15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Read that in line with rereading my previous post on the intent of those other animal sacrifices - that we're not focused on atoning for man's sin...

Acts 17:11, 12.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is being completely ignored is that not all animal sacrifices had been to atone for man's sin.

In other words, you are dealing with a long held tradition of ignorance on this.

Their books based learned response is that Christ's sacrifice for man's sin replaced all Israel's sacrifices.

But as I have shown, Israel had all sorts of sacrifices that had nothing to do with man's sin, rather, with the fact that this world itself is fallen /tainted with sin, and will continue to remain falleb during Christ's Millennial Reign, and Israel will still be in a fallen physical body, as those in Early Acts had been, and so, Israel's various EXTERNAL cleansing and atoning rituals will STILL be in force.

Reread my post - THIS is what I was talking about.

What did I get in return from those who supposedly understood my post - passages from Hebrews, and so on, about the very opposite of what I was talking about.

Why?

Because theirs is the traditional view parroted in their endless books written by "Reformed" writers parroting what they themselves learned in previous books by "Reformed" writers, against the obvious in Scripture about Israel's Prophesied future.

You see this here...

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Not only is that yet future, but they will still be in a fallen physical body, and on a fallen physical Earth, prior to the Last and Final rebellion, at the end of a Thousand Years, followed by the Great White Throne Judgement, followed by The New Heaven and New Earth, at last...

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

His Millennial Reign is towards that purpose..

15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

The end of all that being...

15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Read that in line with rereading my previous post on the intent of those other animal sacrifices - that we're not focused on atoning for man's sin...

Reexamine what you are saying. I leave you to that.

Danoh

Reexamine what you are saying. I leave you to that.

:chuckle:

Good one, Jacob.

Coming from you - a Gentile who converted to Judaism, but who - in God's eyes - according to the Apostle Paul, that during this Mystery Age - you actually remained a Gentile, other than in your own ignorance, you, of all people, often have not much sound to say to anyone about leaving them to re-examine a thing.

Israel was concluded Uncircumcision, Heathen - under sin with...the Gentiles, Romans 3:9-11.

And God's salvation during this Mystery Age is an Uncircumcision salvation - is, a Gentile salvation, Romans 11:11; .11:25.

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Get a clue, still a Gentile, Jacob.

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle:

Good one, Jacob.

Coming from you - a Gentile who converted to Judaism, but who - in God's eyes - according to the Apostle Paul, that during this Mystery Age - you actually remained a Gentile, other than in your own ignorance, you, of all people, often have not much sound to say to anyone about leaving them to re-examine a thing.

Israel was concluded Uncircumcision, Heathen - under sin with...the Gentiles, Romans 3:9-11.

And God's salvation during this Mystery Age is an Uncircumcision salvation - is, a Gentile salvation, Romans 11:11; .11:25.

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Get a clue, still a Gentile, Jacob.

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

I am encouraging you to do so. I am not in a place to correct you right now. Please understand. I deflect your attack. I am a Christian and a Jew, an Israelite of the tribe of Levi, between a phone and a computer in getting back to you.

Danoh

I am encouraging you to do so. I am not in a place to correct you right now. Please understand. I deflect your attack. I am a Christian and a Jew, an Israelite of the tribe of Levi, between a phone and a computer in getting back to you.

I was not attacking you. I was merely ribbing your words to me, given your error, in light of Scripture's assertion that during this Mystery Age, neither circumcision (converting to Judaism) nor uncircumcision (not converting to Judaism) avails anything - only being in Christ avails much, or greatly matters, during this Mystery Age.

If anything, I often defend you, you know this.

But you are not a Christian and a Jew st the same time - not in Christ you are not.

Israel was concluded Uncircumcision (just another lost, Gentile nation) BEFORE Paul himself was saved as Uncircumcision by, and then commissioned with, the gospel of the Uncircumcision, which he was commissioned to preach to both Jew and Gentile as Uncircumcision.

You...are confused.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I was not attacking you. I was merely ribbing your words to me, given your error, in light of Scripture's assertion that during this Mystery Age, neither circumcision (converting to Judaism) nor uncircumcision (not converting to Judaism) avails anything - only being in Christ avails much, or greatly matters, during this Mystery Age.

If anything, I often defend you, you know this.

But you are not a Christian and a Jew st the same time - not in Christ you are not.

Israel was concluded Uncircumcision (just another lost, Gentile nation) BEFORE Paul himself was saved as Uncircumcision by, and then commissioned with, the gospel of the Uncircumcision, which he was commissioned to preach to both Jew and Gentile as Uncircumcision.

You...are confused.

Rom. 5:6-8.

I believe I was circumcised before I became a Christian.

Right Divider

Body part
Those that partake of that covenant with him are called his church, and covenant is available to all (John 3:16). The church are those that are added to the Lord such as should be saved.
Just toss the Bible in a blender and make a nice smoothie out of it.

John 3:16 is NOT in any way, shape or form about a covenant. In his entire book, John never mentions a covenant.

You're just making things up.