Vatican releases combined cross and crescent logo

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Apologize for your church burning people alive just for disagreeing.

Oh that's rich, considering the only thing I see on here every time I log in is talk about making everything a capital offense in some draconian reverence to the 'old law'.
There's little doubt in my mind that if you were born in the middle ages you'd be tightening the ropes and lighting the torches.

john w

Hall of Fame
Well, a lot of those as yourself have insisted on all your opponents being full of evil, which isn't much better.

When the Pope went to Egypt, the symbol was simply a cross and a crescent beside each other. These logos likely aren't preconceived by the bishops but rather chosen from multiple designs- in which case it's merely arbitrary. There's no evidence to suggest they have an inclination to 'fuse' with Islam either.

But regardless, one picture and you're all on high alert. It's like the exact opposite of 'see no evil'- seeing evil everywhere even if there is none.

Advise TOL, the world, when you're ready to make a contribution.

In the interim, please take your seat, until I elect to recognize you.

musterion

Oh that's rich, considering the only thing I see on here every time I log in is talk about making everything a capital offense in some draconian reverence to the 'old law'.

Yeah?

There's little doubt in my mind that if you were born in the middle ages you'd be tightening the ropes and lighting the torches.

You mean I'd be a good Catholic?

john w

Hall of Fame
Yeah?

You mean I'd be a good Catholic?
I need to correct you, brother musty-"devout" Catholic.

You step out of line again, and I will have my favorite "nun," Sister Bertril,of "The Sisters of Bended Knee," smack you around, liked she did me, for shooting a spitball at her in class in grade school, and force you to recite, "chant," 666 "Hail Mary's," as she wraps you on the head with your "rosary," or, I will bring the heavy artillery to bear against you....

Popemobile-1.png

musterion

Still waiting for your apology.

musterion

For what?
I grew up Presbyterian
And
Today belong to a reformed Baptist church

I don't have anything to do with Roman Catholicism other than it's beginning beliefs which it ran away from :idunno:

Oh, in that case it must be your Augustinian baggage that was pinging my papist detector.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I need to correct you, brother musty-"devout" Catholic.

You step out of line again, and I will have my favorite "nun," Sister Bertril,of "The Sisters of Bended Knee," smack you around, liked she did me, for shooting a spitball at her in class in grade school, and force you to recite, "chant," 666 "Hail Mary's," as she wraps you on the head with your "rosary," or, I will bring the heavy artillery to bear against you....

Popemobile-1.png

didja know if you rearrange "Popemobile" you get oboe pimple?

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Oh, in that case it must be your Augustinian baggage that was pinging my papist detector.

Augustine developed most of what you believe as far as core beliefs go. Both Luther and Calvin honored him- he's one of the great men in history.
Are you seriously trying to pick a fight with that :plain:

musterion

Augustine developed most of what you believe as far as core beliefs go. Both Luther and Calvin honored him- he was one of the great men in history.
Are you seriously trying to pick a fight with that :plain:

There's no fight to pick. My beliefs are drawn out of what God has revealed in His word, the Bible.

What slaves to ecclesiarchichal authoritarianism (such as yourself) love to say, not in so many words, is, "Famous Church Person ______________ was able to divine doctrines from the Bible, but you can't."

In other words, they could read, but I can't.

Believe about me WHATEVER you like. I don't need them. I have the Bible.

I know they comfort and succor you, but you don't need them either.

I know, you HATE when people say things like that. It's feels like they're trying to rip a heavy comforter off of you in the middle of a freezing cold night.

Right?

Right.

john w

Hall of Fame
There's no fight to pick. My beliefs are drawn out of what God has revealed in His word, the Bible.

What slaves to ecclesiarchichal authoritarianism (such as yourself) love to say, not in so many words, is, "Famous Church Person ______________ was able to divine doctrines from the Bible, but you can't."

In other words, they could read, but I can't.

Believe about me WHATEVER you like. I don't need them. I have the Bible.

I know they comfort and succor you, but you don't need them either.

I know, you HATE when people say things like that. It's feels like they're trying to rip a heavy comforter off of you in the middle of a freezing cold night.

Right?

Right.
Musty knocks it out of the park. Well done...Well done.