Vatican releases combined cross and crescent logo

drbrumley

Or Pope’s trip to Morocco.

The Vatican has released a new symbol of “interreligious encounter between Christians and Muslims” in advance of Pope Francis’s upcoming visit to Morocco: a logo featuring the crescent encompassing the cross.

But some regard the development as reminiscent of C.S. Lewis’s final Narnia book ‘The Last Battle,’ where the true religion is synthesized with the worship of the militant warrior culture of Calormene to the south of Narnia.

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wasn't there a monkey in a red suite involved in that?

No, no, that was 'The Hideous Strength'.

Oh well, same thing.

Aimiel

Yeah, except the false god, Allah has NOTHING to do with The Holy Scriptures; in point of fact: he is contrary to Them and The God described there. :doh:

chair

How's the weather? Oh, sorry! I stumbled into the "I hate Catholics and Muslims" thread. Apologies.

genuineoriginal

This is the logo:

Logo_Morocco_810_500_s_c1.png

The "cross" looks like the ivory tusks of slain elephants that were illegally taken by poachers.
The Vatican has released a new symbol of “interreligious encounter between Christians and Muslims” in advance of Pope Francis’s upcoming visit to Morocco: a logo featuring the crescent encompassing the cross.
When I read that the logo featured the crescent encompassing the cross, I expected a logo similar to this one:
Communism.png

john w

Hall of Fame
How's the weather? Oh, sorry! I stumbled into the "I hate Catholics and Muslims" thread. Apologies.

The Catholics have "perfected" the "Accusation Of Hate Technique," i.e., Insist vehemently that your opponent is full of hate. It is always advisable to paint your opponent as hateful. This technique should, of course, always include a reference to your extreme caringness, and the limitless bounds of your extremely great humility.

genuineoriginal

Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

THE SECOND VATICAN COUNCIL teaches that Muslims "adore the one God, living and subsisting in himself; merciful and all-powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth, who has spoken to humans. They take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even God's inscrutable decrees".

Pope John Paul II has said the fact that Christians and Muslims worship "the One and same God" is a factor that draws the two communities together and lays the basis for love and cooperation between the two communities of believers.

Is Catholicism still a Christian religion, or is it now an Islamic religion?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

THE SECOND VATICAN COUNCIL teaches that Muslims "adore the one God, living and subsisting in himself; merciful and all-powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth, who has spoken to humans. They take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even God's inscrutable decrees".

Pope John Paul II has said the fact that Christians and Muslims worship "the One and same God" is a factor that draws the two communities together and lays the basis for love and cooperation between the two communities of believers.

Is Catholicism still a Christian religion, or is it now an Islamic religion?
I'd go so far as to call it pagan. :idunno:

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
The Catholics have "perfected" the "Accusation Of Hate Technique," i.e., Insist vehemently that your opponent is full of hate.

Well, a lot of those as yourself have insisted on all your opponents being full of evil, which isn't much better.

When the Pope went to Egypt, the symbol was simply a cross and a crescent beside each other. These logos likely aren't preconceived by the bishops but rather chosen from multiple designs- in which case it's merely arbitrary. There's no evidence to suggest they have an inclination to 'fuse' with Islam either.

But regardless, one picture and you're all on high alert. It's like the exact opposite of 'see no evil'- seeing evil everywhere even if there is none.

musterion

Well, a lot of those as yourself have insisted on all your opponents being full of evil, which isn't much better.

When the Pope went to Egypt, the symbol was simply a cross and a crescent beside each other. These logos likely aren't preconceived by the bishops but rather chosen from multiple designs- in which case it's merely arbitrary. There's no evidence to suggest they have an inclination to 'fuse' with Islam either.

But regardless, one picture and you're all on high alert. It's like the exact opposite of 'see no evil'- seeing evil everywhere even if there is none.

Apologize for your church burning people alive just for disagreeing.