ECT Uniquely Christian and Jew but redeemed

mhask68

Orthodox Catholics have similar belief systems to Roman Catholics. This my reasoning.
1. The Orthodox do believe in the primacy
2. Orthodoxy does believe in a certain purification as the saved pass into the next life and also that prayers for the dead do benefit them (though without defining precisely how), but not in the system of temporal penalty for sin and indulgences that are what define Purgatory. The only reference for this behavior is to be found In: 2 Maccabees 12:38-46, Judas Maccabee orders that sacrifices be offered in the Temple in Jerusalem for slain Jewish soldiers who had worn pagan amulets (good-luck charms).
3. The Assumption is accepted and it is agreed that Mary experienced physical death, but the Immaculate conception is rejected. Orthodox belief is that the guilt of original sin is not transmitted from one generation to the next, thus obviating the need for Mary to be sinless.
This is no where to be found in scripture. Scripture and Mary’s own words point to the opposition of this doctrine.
4. An intermediate state between earth and heaven is recognised, but cleansing and purification occur in this life, not the next. Note that I said I believe in the state of the soul as it were sleeping. Not yet enjoying heaven or destruction.
Any way. I can go on and on as you know. But these are some of the chief reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Heart soul might
Heart soul resources
Heart soul strength
Heart soul mind strength

Heart soul mind