unfinished business

Sonnet

You're an Agnostic, what do you have to gain by choosing sides?

I'm curious to know what it is that I am called to believe. Christ tells me to believe Him. Believe what? That Christ died for just a few folk? Believe that there is a separate Gospel for the Israelites?

It appears that Christianity is in schism.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm curious to know what it is that I am called to believe. Christ tells me to believe Him. Believe what? That Christ died for just a few folk? Believe that there is a separate Gospel for the Israelites?

It appears that Christianity is in schism.

Why not shut off your Laptop and start reading the Bible?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Read it for yourself and pray before you open the Bible that, God will help you understand and place your faith it what it has to say. I would suggest you start with Romans through Philemon since you're an Agnostic.

Sonnet

Ask questions, if you will. However, you're pretending to be some sort of makeshift Bible Scholar. Why? You must have an "end goal" in mind?

I only quoted 1 Cor 15 - what's your problem? If I 'pretend' to be a scholar when I contend with the Calvinist's I don't see you rebuking me.

I don't want to contend with you GM. I'm just putting my two-penneth in. That's all.
:)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sonnet, do you think you could walk into a surgery room and start telling a Brain surgeon how to operate on a patient? Or, step into a Jet and start being a pilot? Everybody has to start with the basics. You're no different.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I only quoted 1 Cor 15 - what's your problem? If I 'pretend' to be a scholar when I contend with the Calvinist's I don't see you rebuking me.

I don't want to contend with you GM. I'm just putting my two-penneth in. That's all.
:)

Well, I really think posters should take whatever you say, with a grain of salt. You're an Agnostic after all, stop pretending. You're a phony.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sonnet, if you have no real interest in the Bible, why not find a nice comfortable "Agnostic/Atheistic" forum? I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms.

Sonnet

If you truly have a desire to be saved, seek after that. Stop wasting your time and others time on your games.

You are verging on ad hominem...that I can't possibly have anything worthwhile to say because I'm not a believer. That isn't relevant.

You could just respond to the point about 1 Cor 15.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are verging on ad hominem...that I can't possibly have anything worthwhile to say because I'm not a believer. That isn't relevant.

You could just respond to the point about 1 Cor 15.

Why would anybody want to get into a serious discussion with a "UNBELIEVER?" Whatever they say to you, you're not gonna believe them anyway. :rotfl: