UK politician murdered in broad daylight

eider

Considering I'm very good friends with a few Americans then not at all. What I'm not fond of is when wingnuts of any nationality make crap presumptions rooted in horse excrement or dumb, ill thought out threads such as this one...

You write so well, in so few words. :}

On the side: My old-man loved all Texans, because of just one, who, instead of overflying and dropping supplies to British troop positions in Burma (1941-2) would risk his life and plane in horrifically dangerous jungle-clearing landings because he liked to try to airlift out the wounded. Huge cigars! Texan drawl. So layed back. So unbelievably brave. He never forgot. :)

eider

Would you like to tell me about your guns?
How, where, when you carry which guns, and what for?
Come on! You know that you want to.... :)

I waited..........
But it's 1a.m. now, and I must go to bed.
I'll look to see if you answered, or backpeddled, when I awake.

But you are definitely not the masters of your guns, but they of you. It's so obvious............

Arthur Brain

You write so well, in so few words. :}

On the side: My old-man loved all Texans, because of just one, who, instead of overflying and dropping supplies to British troop positions in Burma (1941-2) would risk his life and plane in horrifically dangerous jungle-clearing landings because he liked to try to airlift out the wounded. Huge cigars! Texan drawl. So layed back. So unbelievably brave. He never forgot. :)

Wow, sounds like one heck of a guy. He more than earned those cigars...

:)

eider

Oh ...... !
They never came back!
And I so wanted to hear about all those guns! :)
....... guns that cannot be given up..... needed so much.

One delightful Christian on another thread mentioned that he keeps his AR-15 in case three intruders are all trying to get into his home together! I loved that one.
Going shopping? Don't forget your gun.
Answering your front door? Got your gun?
Cycle trip?
Taking kids to school?
If your government becomes bad, might you need to shoot your own country men and women? !!!!!
Let's face it, without their guns, the gun-nutters would just feel naked.

Guns control gun-nutters' lives. imo.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
merica has to go back to the old wild west with everyone carrying a gun...there was less shootings in the wild west days. There is no alternative to this.

I am not sayin it's good or right, jus saying there is no alternative

Tyrathca

merica has to go back to the old wild west with everyone carrying a gun...there was less shootings in the wild west days. There is no alternative to this.

I am not sayin it's good or right, jus saying there is no alternative
From the OP's article:

Gun-related homicides — even gun ownership — are exceedingly rare in England compared with the United States. According to 2007 statistics compiled by the Council on Foreign Relations, there were 0.06 gun-related homicides per 100,000 people in England. In contrast, there were 3.54 firearm homicides for every 100,000 people in the United States.

0.06/100,000 vs 3.54/100,000

Are you absolutely sure there isn't a better alternative?

CherubRam

What did you want the FBI to do?
Do you want a law which forbids the sale of AR-15 semi-automatic rifles to Muslims?
That would be gun regulation wouldn't it?
You don't want any Left-Wing (or Right-Wing) government doing anything like that, do you?
A court order investigation would have been helpful.

CherubRam

What did you want the FBI to do?
Do you want a law which forbids the sale of AR-15 semi-automatic rifles to Muslims?
That would be gun regulation wouldn't it?
You don't want any Left-Wing (or Right-Wing) government doing anything like that, do you?
Officially there is no such thing as Sharia law in America, never the less, we have Muslims who practice it. Also, lying is part of their religion. That should be a consideration. Truth is, if you take away their guns they will make their own, or build bombs.

eider

A court order investigation would have been helpful.

You finally thought of something!
A Court Order investigation........ dear oh dear.....

Now, if there was legislation for pre-purchase Criminal records checks, medical histories, safety examination certificate, license, firearms officer home visit, 3rd party risks insurance cover...... for everyone, then that could eventually.... help.

But you won't get that.

eider

Officially there is no such thing as Sharia law in America, never the less, we have Muslims who practice it. Also, lying is part of their religion. That should be a consideration. Truth is, if you take away their guns they will make their own, or build bombs.

Just a second....... Lots of radical Christians want OT law as well, gender discimination, criminal convictions for homosexuals and transgenders, oppression of various nationalities, races, colours, Creeds and religions. I don't see a massive big difference.

Lying is part of their religion!!!!! Really! You don't know anyuthing about their religion ... is my guess.

Look, radical Christians have written that if a wicked US government tried to control them that they would shoot to kill their owen service-men and women. That's a promise of terrorism and insurrection right there.

There is a huge massive enormous % of Muslims who contribute wholeheartedly to the communities where they live, and who work in a total spirit of service to those communities. You can't try your propaganda with any hope of success. And you use a thread about the death of a wonderful Brit MP to push such views! Disgrace!

eider

From the OP's article:

Gun-related homicides — even gun ownership — are exceedingly rare in England compared with the United States. According to 2007 statistics compiled by the Council on Foreign Relations, there were 0.06 gun-related homicides per 100,000 people in England. In contrast, there were 3.54 firearm homicides for every 100,000 people in the United States.

0.06/100,000 vs 3.54/100,000

Are you absolutely sure there isn't a better alternative?

Good point.
At present the gun-death rate per day is at about 91 lives per day. The injuries figure is about 1,900 per day I think. But with 300 million guns swilling around I honestly think that thre US is totally stumped on this one.

I'm glad I'm a Brit..... the worst weapon in my street is probably old Mrs Winstanley and her 1960's Morris Minor. Now she is really terrifying!! :)

Tyrathca

At present the gun-death rate per day is at about 91 lives per day. The injuries figure is about 1,900 per day I think. But with 300 million guns swilling around I honestly think that thre US is totally stumped on this one.
Yep, in Australia most doctors don't even know what gun shot wounds look like they are so rare!
I'm glad I'm a Brit..... the worst weapon in my street is probably old Mrs Winstanley and her 1960's Morris Minor. Now she is really terrifying!! :)
And I'm glad I'm an Aussie... The worst weapon in my street is probably the tram (you do NOT want your car hit by that thing)

eider

Yep, in Australia most doctors don't even know what gun shot wounds look like they are so rare!
And I'm glad I'm an Aussie... The worst weapon in my street is probably the tram (you do NOT want your car hit by that thing)

You still have trams?
We have a new type of tram running through South London precincts like Croydon, but it isn't really the same as the old ones which ran in the streets, it's more like a single carriage railway.

We may still have trams in some Northern cities.

But you can keep your spiders and snakes. :)