ECT Two different gospels? One for the circumcisions and another for the uncircumcision?

oatmeal

No, they had committed unto them two Gospels.
Until they were. Paul himself helped familiarize them with the law.
Not "truths" (Made Up) but Gospels.
I think I more or less agree...
Nope.
Except in Galatians 2:7, and therefore, except in the Bible.
Prove that the Gospel of the Circumcised is no longer operable.
:chuckle:

There is still a need to preach the gospel to both the circumcised and the uncircumcised.

Is there

1. Jesus A, a death A, a resurrection A, an ascension A for the circumcision

and a

2. Jesus B, a death B, a resurrection B, an ascension B for the uncircumcision?

Two different Jesus?

Two different Gods?

Two different gospels?

Or one?

Ephesians 4:3-7

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

one gospel, two different approaches.

I Timothy 2:4-5

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Read the book of Acts, the approach that Paul and others took to teach the Gentiles is different than that approach to teach the Judeans

Acts 17:22-31 KJV speaking to only Gentiles, Paul took a far different approach than when he spoke to those familiar with the law and the prophets

Acts 15:18-21 KJV
Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Trouble them with what? With the teaching of the law. The law of Moses does not give them that gift of salvation, believing on the works of Jesus Christ does.

God calls those differing approaches two gospels because the content for each group is of necessity different, but they are symbiotic and harmonious, and one truth, not two different truths

Jedidiah

...Two different gospels?

Or one?...
Yes. Both.
...one gospel, two different approaches...
Made Up.
...Trouble them with what? With the teaching of the law. The law of Moses does not give them that gift of salvation, believing on the works of Jesus Christ does...
Yep.
...God calls those differing approaches two gospels because the content for each group is of necessity different, but they are symbiotic and harmonious, and one truth, not two different truths
Made Up.

oatmeal

You think too highly of yourself.

Not at all, if anything I am humbled by scripture.

However, I do think highly of scripture, John 17:17

I tend not think any more highly than I ought to think. Romans 12:1-3

I have been dealt the measure of faith.

And I use it.

Last edited:

oatmeal

You believe rewriting my words is ethical?

No wonder you have such an impossible time with scripture.

You would rather rewrite scripture than accept it for what it is and says.

There is no doubt that Judeans and Gentiles were handled differently.

For their backgrounds and knowledge of scripture were different.

The Gentiles were not required to learn the law of Moses to be saved. They did not have to catch up with the Judeans in knowledge of the law in order to receive the gift of salvation.

The Judeans knowledge of the law was not a requirement for them to become saved.

However, many Judeans had a problem with the grace of the lord Jesus Christ, they did not think that salvation should be by grace, nor were they convinced easily that Jesus Christ was the long awaited Messiah. Saul of Tarsus being one prime example of that.

There were no more two different gospels than there are two different lord Jesus Christs or two different deaths and resurrections and ascensions and givings of the gift of pneuma hagion....

The good news was that the works for our redemption is complete as can be by the first coming of Jesus Christ, there is more to receive, but that comes with the return of Christ.

The good news is the same for both Judean and Gentile.

The challenge for the Judeans to believe and the Gentiles to believe were different.

Cross Reference

Not at all, if anything I am humbled by scripture.

However, I do think highly of scripture, John 17:17

I tend not think any more highly than I ought to think. Romans 12:1-3

I have been dealt the measure of faith.

And I use it.

a measure [maybe] but not "the" measure.

Cross Reference

You believe rewriting my words is ethical?

No wonder you have such an impossible time with scripture.

You would rather rewrite scripture than accept it for what it is and says.

There is no doubt that Judeans and Gentiles were handled differently.

For their backgrounds and knowledge of scripture were different.

The Gentiles were not required to learn the law of Moses to be saved. They did not have to catch up with the Judeans in knowledge of the law in order to receive the gift of salvation.

The Judeans knowledge of the law was not a requirement for them to become saved.

However, many Judeans had a problem with the grace of the lord Jesus Christ, they did not think that salvation should be by grace, nor were they convinced easily that Jesus Christ was the long awaited Messiah. Saul of Tarsus being one prime example of that.

There were no more two different gospels than there are two different lord Jesus Christs or two different deaths and resurrections and ascensions and givings of the gift of pneuma hagion....

The good news was that the works for our redemption is complete as can be by the first coming of Jesus Christ, there is more to receive, but that comes with the return of Christ.

The good news is the same for both Judean and Gentile.

The challenge for the Judeans to believe and the Gentiles to believe were different.

Then why suppose there were two different messages?? __which they weren't. The Gentiles simply dismissed what did not apply to them.

oatmeal

Ephesians 5:22,25,33;6:1

Are there three different gospels?

One for wives, one for husbands and one for children?

But wait, there's more!

For fathers and for mothers?

I Corinthians 7? How about for singles and widows, etc?

There are as many different gospels in that sense as there are different needs for people to rise up to live according to God's words.

In the specific sense of meeting the differing needs of different people or peoples, yes there are many "gospels", but the big picture is that there is one gospel.

Ephesians 4:3-7 ....

Jedidiah

Our Lord Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, was crucified for our sins, was buried, and raised from the dead. He ascended to heaven where He sits on a throne at the right hand of Our Father, while Our Father makes His enemies His footstool. He is coming again, and the dead in Him shall rise first and meet Him in the air. All the dead shall rise to be judged, and we shall all be changed into new bodies. In this, Our Lord will defeat His final enemy death, once and for all, and then He will return the kingdom to Our Father.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Galations 2:7 is added to in the KJV.

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

The second mention of "the gospel" is added.

LA

Last edited:

oatmeal

Ephesians 5:22,25,33;6:1

Are there three different gospels?

One for wives, one for husbands and one for children?

But wait, there's more!

For fathers and for mothers?

I Corinthians 7? How about for singles and widows, etc?

There are as many different gospels in that sense as there are different needs for people to rise up to live according to God's words.

In the specific sense of meeting the differing needs of different people or peoples, yes there are many "gospels", but the big picture is that there is one gospel.

Ephesians 4:3-7 ....

Since scripture does speak of the gospels of the circumcision and uncircumcision, it is clear that there are two, but God does not have two different sets of truths. If so there would be two Bibles, two scriptures, the circumcision Bible and the uncircumcision Bible.

There is only one scripture with many different situations being addressed and many truths being taught to fit those situations.

"Quit stealing" for those who are stealing

"Quit lying" for those who are lying

"Believe God" for those who do not believe God, whether Judean or Gentile or Christian.

oatmeal

Galations 2:7 is added to in the KJV.

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

The second mention of "the gospel" is added.

LA

Yes, we recognize the figure of speech ellipsis

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What is good news for some is not good news for others, and vice versa.

We know Jesus did not preach freedom from the law during His three year ministry with the 12, otherwise Peter wold not have had the vision he did as recorded in Acts 10. Nor would there have been the debate among the council as recorded in Acts 15.

The messages were different.

oatmeal

We know Jesus did not preach freedom from the law during His three year ministry with the 12, otherwise Peter wold not have had the vision he did as recorded in Acts 10. Nor would there have been the debate among the council as recorded in Acts 15.

Yes, the gospel to those in the gospel period is different than that gospel to those in this age of grace.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, the gospel to those in the gospel period is different than that gospel to those in this age of grace.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Right.

So,(the one and only) Gospel Truth is a two-edged sword, that either extends grace to whom God wills, or judges whom God wills.

One Truth, One Gospel, two effacious results . . .

We know Jesus did not preach freedom from the law during His three year ministry with the 12, otherwise Peter wold not have had the vision he did as recorded in Acts 10.

The ONLY freedom from the Law is found in Jesus Christ, who was born under the Law and sinlessly performed all the Law, and then imputed His lawful righteousness, to His chosen saints, by His Grace according to the New Covenant that made the old Covenant of Law obsolete.

Nor would there have been the debate among the council as recorded in Acts 15.

So you say, but you fail to ever delineate how the gospel message differs.

What other message of grace and forgiveness, is there, other than the redeeming works of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

When did ANY of the Apostles or disciples of Jesus Christ proclaim anything different, except Judas Iscariot?

Please spell out the supposed gospel messages, point by point, please . . . if you can.