Turbo's pick 9/29/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Poly

So does this run in the family or did you manage spill dew on your parents' keyboard as well?
It wasn't me, I tellsya! Ya got nuttin' on me!

:patrol:

Actually I think one of my non-TOLin' sisters spilled chocolate milk on it or something.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by philosophizer

What, are you getting it off the black market or something? "Hello, this is Turbo. The sparrow flies.... at midnight."
I know a guy. That's all I'm sayin'. :shut:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo

Actually I think one of my non-TOLin' sisters spilled chocolate milk on it or something.
Man, you and your siblings must get really thirsty while typing.

erinmarie

Originally posted by Turbo

It wasn't me, I tellsya! Ya got nuttin' on me!

:patrol:

I know that Gretchen has spilled twice on keyboards, one time chocolate milk and the other grape-cranberry juice.

My mother in law was so mad the second time!!!!!! I thought she was going to blow! :devil:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well... I wasn't going to name names... :shut:

It was the same keyboard both times. The first time Mom cleaned it and it went back to working normally. But the second time resulted in the sticking d (and '[' ).

The keys themselves don't feel sticky, but if you type a d you might get ddd or dddddddddd. Then sometimes d's pop in randomly as I type. The left bracket is similar, but not quite as bad. I probably wouldn't even have noticed if it weren't for TOL's vB code that uses square brackets for everything.

Still, it's a minor (and temporary) nuisance, not nearly as bad as being without the 8-i-k-comma column and most of my arrow keys and number pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.