Trump's organized crime ties

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The point there is that his ties are somewhat contradictory. I can go after him for being in bed with organized crime and you demonize him for being (at best) soft on homosexuality. On the issue of homosexual rights, the LGBT crowd and the mob are not going to agree. Likewise, organized crime and the evangelical crowd are going to agree (broadly speaking) on "family values" and probably on gun control. Describing anyone in terms of a single issue (unless that happens to be their defining motivation) inevitably ends up mischaracterizing him. I'm not being apologetic - just as realistic as I can be.

What you're saying (and I agree) is that with Donald Trump trying to please everyone (the LGBTQ crowd, the supposed religious right, etc.), his fraud game is destined to crash.

nikolai_42

What you're saying (and I agree) is that with Donald Trump trying to please everyone (the LGBTQ crowd, the supposed religious right, etc.), his fraud game is destined to crash.

I don't know his endgame. I won't go as far as saying it is fraudulent - just that at some level he is someone to keep a close eye on. Being pro-LGBT (I still think that's up in the air - just like his stance on abortion) will eventually come into conflict with another stance (maybe his shadier associates...I don't know) but the only conclusion I can draw is that he is clearly being self-serving in a significant way. The question in my mind is whether that will end up benefitting the country or not.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know his endgame. I won't go as far as saying it is fraudulent -

I do know that he's sociopathic fraud, as I've studied and documented Donald Trump's past and current secular humanist actions, extensively.

Perhaps you should go back to the "My church is better than your church!" threads nik, because politics doesn't appear to be your forte'.

nikolai_42

I do know that he's sociopathic fraud, as I've studied and documented Donald Trump's past and current secular humanist actions, extensively.

Perhaps you should go back to the "My church is better than your church!" threads nik, because politics doesn't appear to be your forte'.

I'm not discounting that what you say is true...but I also know that the height of political analysis is the judgment of (often hidden) motives. I have no desire to become a Machiavellian...