Trump threatens to close southern border amid 'breaking point' warning

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-threatens-to-close-southern-border-amid-immigration-surge

President Trump threatened to close the southern border on Thursday, accusing Mexico and Central American nations of doing “nothing” as illegal immigration surges.

“Mexico is doing NOTHING to help stop the flow of illegal immigrants to our Country. They are all talk and no action. Likewise, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador have taken our money for years, and do Nothing. The Dems don’t care, such BAD laws. May close the Southern Border!” Trump tweeted early Thursday.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What does "close the border" even mean without a wall?

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
It is silly. Many people work in the US but live in Mexico and vice versa. I guess they lose their jobs? My dad won't be able to visit the rest of our family in CA (he lives in Mexico).

I am sure that all the families of rape victims and murder victims of illegal aliens will weep for your dad's travel inconvenience.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I am sure that all the families of rape victims and murder victims of illegal aliens will weep for your dad's travel inconvenience.

trump wants to stop illegal immigration, right?

and so he proposes to stop those using acceptable ports of entry, legally?

and this is going to stop illegal immigration how?

seems retarded to me :idunno:

ok doser

It means close all points of entry.

including the illegal ones?

'cause when you say "ports of entry", i see this:
border-inspection.jpg

when you say "rape victims and murder victims of illegal aliens", i see this:
27BORDER-web1-articleLarge.jpg

The Berean

It is retarded. As if illegals use the official port of entries to cross into the US. Lots of legitimate working people will not be able to go to their jobs across the border. And my poor dad can't come see his family and make us his famous carne asada! :sibbie: :IA:

jjohnson7773

If Trump closes the border, Mexico will do something about the caravans marching to our doorstep because it will hurt Mexico’s economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Since when has "The Donald" required a logical reason to justify his actions - this is just another example of a response that he thinks will play well with his "base."

It also feeds into Trump's assertion that America is in the midst of a "national emergency" on the southern border that can only be averted by building his big, beautiful "WALL" - that Mexico will no longer be paying for!

As was the case when he closed down the federal government for 35 days, this President is not the least concerned about the pain and suffering that accompany his decisions - as long as it plays well in the conservative media!

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned

It has to do with allocation of resources. The biggest caravans ever are approaching and with the border totally closed they can disperse forces and resources at will to combat the invasion. Plus, closed entry points are easier to block for those caravans that choose to go to those instead of some remote area.

Guess I'll have to sneak my avocados in
between the gates.

There's a lot of predators in the caravans. Keep a good hold of your avocados.

ok doser

OK - when it makes the Canadian news, i know there's something to it

any reason trump can't call out the national guard?