Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So I got this gem of a love note for suggesting that Trump is so bad even his own party and mouthpiece is fractured by his presidency.

Seriously, **** off dude. Leave me the **** alone. Patrick Jane
Have we had many conversations of late? :think:

You might need a little perspective, PJ. That wasn't about you, it was about your post and, more to the point, the guy who appears to bring out the worst in you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Get a clue, PJ - similar patterns of speech, wording, etc., are found accross a very, very wide spectrum of various individuals throughout history who have been able to rally a large group around a common cause - be they and said cause in service of the bad, or the good.

Including the words and speech patterns of Christ Himself, for example, in Matthew 5's depiction of His addressing that huge crowd of clearly disenfranchised Israelites.
Gee, thanks Danoh, I had no idea that speech patterns were like that. The media also compares Trump to Hitler so there's no reason to let Manson die without comparing him to Trump, right? Trump certainly can't be compared to anyone or anything good, right Danny boy? I'm noticing the speech patterns of the media and obsessed Trump haters like you. You're just like Charles Manson, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin and Ted Bundy, but nothing like Jesus Christ.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So I got this gem of a love note for suggesting that Trump is so bad even his own party and mouthpiece is fractured by his presidency.

You might need a little perspective, PJ. That wasn't about you, it was about your post and, more to the point, the guy who appears to bring out the worst in you.

Did you report him? Hiding behind the rep box to keep profanity off the main board is a violation of the rules. He's been here long enough to know that.

glorydaz

And this is how Town justifies his slurs. :kookoo:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Did you report him? Hiding behind the rep box to keep profanity off the main board is a violation of the rules. He's been here long enough to know that.
Not hiding. I'll cuss them out on the board too. I got an infraction. When somebody blocks PMs the only way to do it is through reps, genius.

glorydaz

Not hiding. I'll cuss them out on the board too. I got an infraction. When somebody blocks PMs the only way to do it is through reps, genius.

I'll give you that list of cuss words my grandma taught me if you want. ;)

Then just say them before you start typing. Town isn't worth it. He would like nothing better than to see you get banned. Well, you or me....either way. :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

I'll give you that list of cuss words my grandma taught me if you want. ;)

Then just say them before you start typing. Town isn't worth it. He would like nothing better than to see you get banned. Well, you or me....either way. :chuckle:

Hmm, you're the one with the hangup over TH. He's had you on ignore for a while or didn't you know?

:idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If he'd attempted to beat the machinery I'd probably have reported it, but as it stood effectively censored I just noted it publicly. I think that's penalty enough unless he makes a habit of it. I'm not looking to have him banned.

But you only just finished telling her that you could do it in the open. So the only reason to use PM or rep is to avoid doing it publicly. Or, she was right.

Hmm, you're the one with the hangup over TH. He's had you on ignore for a while or didn't you know?
I should report you for putting her words back on my screen. :eek: But I'm glad you did this time. It sort of underscores the irrational hostility that led to my putting her on ignore to begin with. If I wanted PJ off the boards he handed me the chance. I think the absence of my reporting it speaks to my interest, just as her comments speak to hers.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
But you only just finished telling her that you could do it in the open. So the only reason to use PM or rep is to avoid doing it publicly. Or, she was right.
It's personal to me so I kept it personal. Plus, I didn't want your son to accidentally see it. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If the Republicans fail to cut corporate taxes this year, the stock market is going down. People with lots of power are going to blame some of the persons in government and that is apt!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's personal to me so I kept it personal.
Is he your pal? A member of your family? If you get sick tomorrow or die will he send flowers? Was an insult aimed at you? If not, it's not personal. The personal is in your mind. If you're going to defend and promote him you have to understand that people who think you're deeply mistaken to do so are going to have something to say about it.

How you answer defines you. Abridge that dictionary.

Now on the other hand, this is what personal looks like:
Plus, I didn't want your son to accidentally see it. :chuckle:

That's making light of something that wasn't. And you know what? I'm still not going to expend the energy to be offended.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Why would you think it's bad? Because it's "mean" to call people names? They threatened numerous nations including us with nuclear attacks. They assassinated Kim's brother on foreign soil. What's stopping them from selling nuclear technology to rogue regimes and terrorists?

I don't think they fall under the normal idea of sponsors of terrorism. The assassination wasn't terrorism. You can't call them a sponsor of terror based on a hypothetical sale of weapons. Them having nuclear weapons is obviously a major risk but terrorism? Doesn't seem like it in the conventional sense.

They were labeled a sponsor of terror until Obama dropped the label but it was based on an actual act of terrorism. It may have made sense at one time but I don't know if it does now. And it could just hurt diplomacy for very little practical impact on preventing them from doing anything.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't think they fall under the normal idea of sponsors of terrorism. The assassination wasn't terrorism. You can't call them a sponsor of terror based on a hypothetical sale of weapons. Them having nuclear weapons is obviously a major risk but terrorism? Doesn't seem like it in the conventional sense.

They were labeled a sponsor of terror until Obama dropped the label but it was based on an actual act of terrorism. It may have made sense at one time but I don't know if it does now. And it could just hurt diplomacy for very little practical impact on preventing them from doing anything.
The reinstated designation could also have military or intelligence advantages for us that we aren't privy to. We've tried diplomacy for decades with no success. I think this signifies even more to them and the rest of the world that we will not allow NK to incinerate millions of people when they decide they want to.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The reinstated designation could also have military or intelligence advantages for us that we aren't privy to. We've tried diplomacy for decades with no success.
Just to be clear, I think NK is a problem for any administration and I'm not singling Trump out. I don't like the bravado that he's brought into it but I also don't know if anyone could do much better. What worries me more with Trump is that his aggression might prompt crazy Kim to actually do something.

I think this signifies even more to them and the rest of the world that we will not allow NK to incinerate millions of people when they decide they want to.
You're kidding yourself if you think any one would ALLOW NK to incinerate millions of people.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Just to be clear, I think NK is a problem for any administration and I'm not singling Trump out. I don't like the bravado that he's brought into it but I also don't know if anyone could do much better. What worries me more with Trump is that his aggression might prompt crazy Kim to actually do something.

You're kidding yourself if you think any one would ALLOW NK to incinerate millions of people.
Trump agitating Kim to the point of him nuking a country or island has crossed my mind.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Trump agitating Kim to the point of him nuking a country or island has crossed my mind.

Take a chance of wiping out one of the most progressive countries, South Korea?

Never!

Trump needs to stop playing name games with kooky Kim, and he needs to get off the NFL Anthem gripe, as that is small potatoes. He needs to stop tweeting and get the tax bill passed!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Take a chance of wiping out one of the most progressive countries, South Korea?

Never!

Trump needs to stop playing name games with kooky Kim, and he needs to get off the NFL Anthem gripe, as that is small potatoes. He needs to stop tweeting and get the tax bill passed!
True

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Who's going to stop them if we don't? NK could launch a NUCLEAR WEAPON at Japan, Guam, S. Korea or any country within range (we don't know what that is for sure). They could do it while we're typing right now. Would we know in time to stop him?

Another concerning thing to me is China's long term plans for world domination. They have plans.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Who's going to stop them if we don't? NK could launch a NUCLEAR WEAPON at Japan, Guam, S. Korea or any country within range (we don't know what that is for sure). They could do it while we're typing right now. Would we know in time to stop him?

Another concerning thing to me is China's long term plans for world domination. They have plans.

China would rather be our ally; we lead in business and they respect that, and sure, they want to do better. We are their best market and there really is no such thing as 'trade deficit'.

NK wants something; they do not want to all die, they want something, but are not going about it the right way. Give them time and they will, eventually, be more like China

Now, they are way behind modern social networking

Status
Not open for further replies.