Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlunae

I don't recall what exactly she said. But in any case I'd give her more leeway as she's dealing with a desperate situation.

The biggest take-away was that people are dying while Trump is doing a victory lap.

This is really not a story about Trump. He's a part of the story, but he shouldn't be the focus. So he thinks he's doing an amazing job, and that's outrageous. But that doesn't mean that it is the most important aspect of the story. If I were calling the shots at a news outfit, the needs of Puerto Rico would lead, with Trump's self-promotion and self-congratulations falling into a politics segment as the side-show that it deserves to be.

Danoh

We should be clear about a few things:

1. Much of the media were eager for Trump to fail at his response to Puerto Rico.

2. Trump wanted to meet the expectations of the media. He wanted to fail to respond. The worst thing he can be is ignored, and he certainly got plenty of attention for his reaction. It feeds his own narrative agenda. And no one who would vote for him is likely to be upset by his failure.

3. Nothing the mayor said was unfair or wrong. But she can barely get any attention to the need.

Exactly how he handled when his infidelity to his first wife went public.

Back then, he not only continually egged the media on in that circus, whenever things would begin to die down - never mind its potential harm to his then young children - but then repeatedly bragged about how smart he was to have continually egged the media on.

This, in his equally over blown narccissistic self-delusion that his bragging that was what he had done, somehow also showed how smart he is.

The man is simply made that dumb by his own mind.

His is the proverbial "foolish consistency of small minds..."

The man remains...a real study in head cases.

Danoh

The biggest take-away was that people are dying while Trump is doing a victory lap.

This is really not a story about Trump. He's a part of the story, but he shouldn't be the focus. So he thinks he's doing an amazing job, and that's outrageous. But that doesn't mean that it is the most important aspect of the story. If I were calling the shots at a news outfit, the needs of Puerto Rico would lead, with Trump's self-promotion and self-congratulations falling into a politics segment as the side-show that it deserves to be.

Another severely poor leader in his leading of his great country...to its great ruin...

...by his...by its own...hand.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...the Pied Piper of Hamlin as would be Emperor...has no clothes..

But bite that poisoned apple his self-deluded supporters will continue to...

kmoney

Hall of Fame

:up:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, this from Yahoo News:

Summer Zervos, a former contestant on “The Apprentice” and one of many women who came forward during the campaign to accuse Trump of harassment or assault, initiated the subpoena as part of her lawsuit against the president for defamation. Zervos decided to sue Trump in January months after the then-presidential candidate denied the allegation and dismissed all of his accusers as liars.In her bid to establish that Trump “defamed” her, Zervos’s subpoena aims to prove how Trump deliberately tried to discredit her and the other accusers.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Foxfire

Meanwhile, this from Yahoo News:

Summer Zervos, a former contestant on “The Apprentice” and one of many women who came forward during the campaign to accuse Trump of harassment or assault, initiated the subpoena as part of her lawsuit against the president for defamation. Zervos decided to sue Trump in January months after the then-presidential candidate denied the allegation and dismissed all of his accusers as liars.In her bid to establish that Trump “defamed” her, Zervos’s subpoena aims to prove how Trump deliberately tried to discredit her and the other accusers.

Trump has nothing to hide...[/sarcasm]

"Trump fighting court order over release of all documents related to sexual assault allegations"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fighting-court-order-over-210400858.html

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
FEMA does not have an unlimited supply of funds.
Funds are going to be depleted if it has to solve every disaster to satisfaction that has been happening.

AAsZrQw.img

There are still FEMA workers in New Orleans as a result of Hurricane Katrina - apparently there are funds available to those states that vote Republican but not in the territories where they have no presidential vote!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
AAsZrQw.img

There are still FEMA workers in New Orleans as a result of Hurricane Katrina - apparently there are funds available to those states that vote Republican but not in the territories where they have no presidential vote!

Nothing wrong wit dat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you want them to abandon New Orleans.
How very unthoughftul of you.

Foxfire

Nothing new. This thread is becoming a re-hash of old news because Trump is doing such a great job the left can't talk about anything current. Plus, Mueller has nothing..

The thing here that's "old news" is your penchant for self delusion and denial.

:yawn:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Nothing new. This thread is becoming a re-hash of old news because Trump is doing such a great job the left can't talk about anything current. Plus, Mueller has nothing..

Prove your claim.

"Patrick jane" can't be serious!

"Patrick jane" who has made literally dozens of posts claiming that "Trump is doing such a great job ..." is now demanding the one thing that he has repeatedly failed to provide, proof of his claims - because we all know it doesn't exist!

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

FEMA should pull its $2 billion back from New Orleans, govt watchdog says
July 26, 2017

A massive, $2.04 billion accord that the Federal Emergency Management Agency struck to rebuild New Orleans' hurricane-damaged infrastructure was in jeopardy Wednesday (July 26) after a federal audit accused FEMA of improperly reaching the landmark deal in 2015.

The inspector general for the Department of Homeland Security said FEMA had erred when it signed off on the reimbursement plan because New Orleans hadn't provided a full account of the conditions of its street, water, sewerage and drainage systems before hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005.

Therefore, FEMA couldn't differentiate between storm damage and pre-existing damage, according to the audit, which instructs FEMA to rescind the agreement and claw back whatever money has been spent.

The audit "defies logic," Zach Butterworth, Mayor Mitch Landrieu's executive counsel and liaison to the federal government, said Wednesday. "We're just going to push back very strongly against this."

..... "The IG disagrees with FEMA. It's not a legal dispute. It wasn't a dispute that a process wasn't followed or that something improper occurred," Butterworth said. "They just said New Orleans should have had more records. We had to rebuild the buildings where the documents were kept."

FEMA has the option to ignore the report. The agency released a statement Wednesday afternoon, saying it "did not concur with the OIG recommendations."

..... In historic accord, FEMA to pay New Orleans $1.2 billion in extra disaster aid for streets, water pipes

Coupled with $800 million FEMA had already promised and almost $1 billion in revenue the city has collected, the money will be part of a $3 billion initial investment in the city's infrastructure,

..... It's unclear what effect the government's transition from President Barack Obama to President Donald Trump may have on the agreement. Trump has boasted of plans to invest heavily in American infrastructure projects while also threatening to withhold funds from cities his administration deems uncooperative with its hard-line immigration policies.

Earlier this year, Immigration & Customs Enforcement had identified New Orleans as one of those cities.

http://www.nola.com/national_politics/2017/07/new_orleans_-_fema_2_billion_k.html

As recent as July 26, 2017, the Inspector General for the Department of Homeland Security has advised FEMA to withdraw its $2.05 billion committment reached with New Orleans in 2015 to repair the streets and water pipes damaged by Hurricane Katrina (2005).

The Inspector's General's report has also been seen as a "heavy-handed" attempt by the Trump Administration to punish New Orleans for being a "sanctuary city!"

The fact that FEMA is still negotiating the funding of major infrastructure projects in New Orleans 12 years after Hurricane Katrina struck, only reinforces the absurdity of President Trump's threats to withdraw FEMA support from Puerto Rico within weeks of being devastated by Hurricane Irma!

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

Last edited:

gcthomas

"Patrick jane" who has made literally dozens of posts claiming that "Trump is doing such a great job ..." is now demanding the one thing that he has repeatedly failed to provide, proof of his claims - because we all know it doesn't exist!

Patrick jane is an anagram of 'a ¢rap inkjet' — I think Patrick is an internet bot, malware running on an insecure networked printer, and the name is a hint that all of 'his' post are just semi-random spewings of unrelated words of a computer program.

;)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Patrick jane is an anagram of 'a ¢rap inkjet' — I think Patrick is an internet bot, malware running on an insecure networked printer, and the name is a hint that all of 'his' post are just semi-random spewings of unrelated words of a computer program.

;)
That's very imaginative gc, which only proves I'm striking some nerves and winning. :thumb:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

As recent as July 26, 2017, the Inspector General for the Department of Homeland Security has advised FEMA to withdraw its $2.05 billion committment reached with New Orleans in 2015 to repair the streets and water pipes damaged by Hurricane Katrina (2005).

The Inspector's General's report has also been seen as a "heavy-handed" attempt by the Trump Administration to punish New Orleans for being a "sanctuary city!"

The fact that FEMA is still negotiating the funding of major infrastructure projects in New Orleans 12 years after Hurricane Katrina struck, only reinforces the absurdity of President Trump's threats to withdraw FEMA support from Puerto Rico within weeks of being devastated by Hurricane Irma!

I thought you said there IS money for New Orleans and for states that have Republican votes, then you show it's not true, your own original claim, but not for Puerto Rico which has no votes. You have not proven that, just blowing hot air again. Your "proof" shows that it's not Trump's idea but FEMA's. Your article goes on to say "it's unclear." There was an audit by FEMA, not Trump. What did Obama do about Katrina for 8 years, now it's Trump's fault?

Stick with cartoons jgarbage, you obviously cannot prove your claim that Trump is withholding funds from PR. As for my claims that Trump is doing great, you can't show that he's not.

The left is trying to make PR Trump's Katrina and it seems now the left wants Trump to take some blame for Katrina's unrepaired damage 12 years later. It's all you have. Anything to take the focus off of a successful President. Your articles mean nothing and prove nothing. From the top - FEMA should pull its $2 billion back from New Orleans, govt watchdog says - Is that Trump? Nope, a government watch dog.

WizardofOz

I can't believe I live in world where Trump would be considered as the leader of the free world, alongside names like Lincoln, Washington and JFK.

BTW, if I could have worked in the word RAPE with TRUMP, this thread would be "enormous" (a favorite Trump word), but that's exactly what Trump is doing to the Republican party.

Trump continues and will continue destroying the GOP.

Trump has got to go. He can do a reality show but not from the white house. I'm just telling you what will happen because of this bafoon baboon, Trump. It's not the issues Trump raises, it's the rest of his personality that stinks.

He has no experience in politics at all, never has. He got rich because of his daddy and has gone bankrupt.

He's a flashy loud mouth that grates on your nerves. He thinks he's speaking eloquently but he can't answer a question directly. It's always "look" or "listen" or "here's what I . . "

The GOP better do something quick or they are doomed for sure.

Trump lost me when he did this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX9reO3QnUA&feature=youtu.be

Maybe I'm being harsh on Trump, but I still think he's a bad President unless he changes his demeanor completely and at least acted like a professional at something.

I wonder if his kids cringe when he spouts off, getting backlash and resistance worldwide now to the Trump name/brand. :think:

Like when he said the following:

"She was favored to win, and she got schlonged," Trump said, turning a vulgar noun for a penis into a verb.

Only bad results can come to the GOP because of Trump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.