Trump Sides With the Kremlin, Against the U.S. Government

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I wouldn't presume to describe it based on the obviously biased reporting i've seen

mccain's comments in anna's post are a case in point - short on specifics, long on outrage

sorry john, not interested in buying into your emotional outburst :idunno:

ok doser

So with ok dopey, since there is no threshold no president can be found guilty of high crimes a misdeamnors, so apparently that portion of the Constitution is pointless.

actually JD, what it means is that articles of impeachment (which is different from conviction) may be brought against a president for virtually any crime, from spitting on the sidewalk to murdering his political opponents

And I was unaware you could only be guilty of treason when actually at war.

it's in the constitution - the language is very specific - "enemy"

I think the Cowardly Donald took care of that the other day when he said Russia was a "competitor", not a "foe".

and McCain used the word "adversary" :idunno:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Where was the outrage when Obama told Putin to wait until after the election?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nuclear-summit-obama-medvedev-idUSBRE82P0JI20120326

Where was the outrage when Obama literally meddled in the election of Israel (plus other countries)?
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

we36tsqz85811.jpg

ok doser

Well, there are fluff pieces on Fox News if you need to be told how to interpret it.

You just never struck me as the type :idunno:

Rand Paul is defending Trump.

Get back to me?

eventually - i spent last night streaming "Infinity War" (loved your thanos meme :darwinsm: ) while an impressive electrical storm blew through - I have a lot of work to do away from the lappy today

i'll probably wait until George will comments on it - no more krauthammer :(

michelle malkin's good, too

it'll be a while, but eventually kissinger will weigh in - i'm always interested in his take on these Geo-political affairs

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The National Review:

‘The Only Secure Foundation of the State’

Yuval LevinJuly 16, 2018 9:30 PM

Others around here have written powerfully and well about the president’s shameful display in Helsinki on Monday. Beyond seconding their words, I would only add one thought:

President Trump’s disgraceful abasement of our country before Putin was a presidential act of dishonor on the world stage without precedent in our history. But it was also entirely in keeping with his character—and as such was a reminder, as if another reminder was needed, that character matters, and that concerns about character are matters of neither style nor aesthetics but of the very substance of leadership.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
i'll probably wait until George will comments on it

You can start with what he said prior:

Trump’s summit with Kim could foretell catastrophe with Putin

“There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.”
— President Trump, June 13

“North Korea is upgrading its nuclear research center at a rapid pace, new satellite imagery analysis suggests.”
— The Wall Street Journal, June 27

As the president prepares, if this time he does prepare, for his second summit, note all that went wrong at the first. If he does as badly in his July 16 meeting with Vladimir Putin in Finland as he did with Kim Jong Un in Singapore, the consequences could be catastrophic.

ok doser

The specifics are clear. You're being willfully obtuse.

i may come back to mccain's comments point by point, but prolly not 'til tonight - got a water pump to finish and couple O2 sensors to sort out

if that all goes well, i may pull the steering wheel and install a new clockspring

then an oil change

then I have a little tractor to get back to - finish installing the engine

and a big tractor to sort out - ignition issues

then....

well, i make to-do lists on legal pads

i've got nine of them full at the moment :chuckle:

ok doser

“North Korea is upgrading its nuclear research center at a rapid pace, new satellite imagery analysis suggests.”

As the president prepares, if this time he does prepare, for his second summit, note all that went wrong at the first. If he does as badly in his July 16 meeting with Vladimir Putin in Finland as he did with Kim Jong Un in Singapore, the consequences could be catastrophic.

thanks - a quick scan tells me what i thought - i want to read it in depth :thumb:

lifeisgood

Didn't you hear that Kim Jong-un launched a missile and Guam no longer exist? It is all President Trump's fault that Guam no longer exist.

Foxfire

Oh, please. Right-wing media has been screaming about it for years and decades, on internet and radio and TV. Fox is state-run TV now. But you've had Rush et al. for decades, and all the right-wing sites you could ever want.

There has been a ceaseless cacophony from right wing media screaming outrage at everything imaginable. Even so little as POTUS wearing a brown suit!

drbrumley

John Brennan:

"Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of 'high crimes & misdemeanors.' It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???"

The GOP is complicit.

This is coming from the guy who voted for the Communist Party USA candidate in 1976. Give me a break

Thank you Rand! :up: