ECT Trinity talk 2...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
His spirit returned to the Father and his body was placed in a tomb. Separation of body and spirit is death.

A dead persons spirit remains with the bones.

The verse which says the spirit goes back to God who gave it, does not refer to what happens at death.

A picture of resurrection from the dead is given in--

2Ki 13:21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

The Holy Spirit was still with the bones of Elisha in the tomb.

Go for a walk among the graves in your town and you will know if you are a man of the Spirit.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
His spirit returned to the Father and his body was placed in a tomb. Separation of body and spirit is death.

Rather interesting. How long was He in the tomb? What was it that He said?

Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ always existed, he was eternal until he surrendered his immortality to become mortal.

Christ was no one's Son until Mary conceived. (Matthew 1:20-21)

No scripture says Christ surrendered His immortality.

Christ is the Spirit which led Israel in the wilderness and preached through Noah to men before the flood.

Jesus was given His Fathers name.

Jesus was born a man, raised a man, and is forever a man.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Many people don't accept the divinity of Jesus. You are one of many.

If you reject him he will reject you from his kingdom.

The record of scripture is how God raised up the first man in Gods express image.

You make a false charge based on your false religion.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Legally Christ was immortal for death is the wages of sin , His life could be taken from Him but only by breaking the law...this is how the law overstepped it's juristiction and forever lost it's power over all who put their trust in Him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, he was. So why did you say: "No scripture says Christ surrendered His immortality."

Christ is the Spirit of the Father of Jesus.

Which name was given to His son.

Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Where Jesus Christ is Lord, the supreme authority placed there by God, not LORD.(Yahveh)

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ is the Spirit of the Father of Jesus.

Which name was given to His son.

Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Where Jesus Christ is Lord, the supreme authority placed there by God, not LORD.(Yahveh)

LA

What you just said doesn't make any Spiritual sense? Why not elaborate for us?