Transsexual Warns Jenner: The Hangover is Coming

rexlunae

rexlunae

I know, but they say it remains high after hormone and surgical treatments. That is the bad news.

The current understanding within the field is that HRT and SRS can help, which is why those are both often indicated. No ethical psychologist could ever suggest using them if they suspected that they would do more harm than good.

Suggesting the root problem was never something that could be fixed by being butchered and lied to with false pronouns.

Those are your hobby horses to ride, and I would hope that you would respect the freedom of conscience of others enough that you don't expect them to ride with you.

musterion

Those are your hobby horses to ride, and I would hope that you would respect the freedom of conscience of others enough that you don't expect them to ride with you.
Nope. That does not fall under freedom of conscience. God says men dressing as women, and vice versa, is sin. That's what Jenner is doing. Granted, he's able to accessories aspects of his flesh thanks to modern surgical techniques, but he's still just a sick man playing dress-up as if he's a woman. And people like you are saying, "It's okay." It isn't. Never has been, never will be.

rexlunae

Nope. That does not fall under freedom of conscience. God says men dressing as women, and vice versa, is sin.

So, you only believe in freedom of conscious as long as it is convenient to argue it, but you don't allow it to others?

That's what Jenner is doing. Granted, he's able to accessories aspects of his flesh thanks to modern surgical techniques, but he's still just a sick man playing dress-up as if he's a woman. And people like you are saying, "It's okay." It isn't. Never has been, never will be.

I think you should try screaming this into your pillow at night. It might have more impact on reality.

musterion

So, you only believe in freedom of conscious as long as it is convenient to argue it, but you don't allow it to others?

The word is conscience, not conscious.

I do not believe in freedom of conscience in matters where God has already declared something to be sin, and that thing is being promoted as normality. HOWEVER, I am not a theocrat who believes they should be legally punished for it. I do believe they should be strenuously and publicly opposed, as you do with those you disagree with. That's freedom of speech, thought and conscience at work, which you just affirmed on the other thread. :)

rexlunae

The word is conscience, not conscious.

Yes, it is. Thank you for being my spell-checker.

I do not believe in freedom of conscience in matters where God has already declared something to be sin, and that thing is being promoted as normality.

And I don't believe in your god.

HOWEVER, I am not a theocrat who believes they should be legally punished for it. I do believe they should be strenuously and publicly opposed, as you do with those you disagree with. That's freedom of speech, thought and conscience at work, which you just affirmed on the other thread. :)

By all means, speak as strenuously as you can. I just think it's going to be a disappointment for you.

musterion

And I don't believe in your god.

I didn't ask you to. You asked about me, I told you.

By all means, speak as strenuously as you can. I just think it's going to be a disappointment for you.
On that we agree. But disappointment really isn't the right word because I'm fully expecting it to happen.

shagster01

Yes: And it is irresponsible in the extreme that everyone from media to the President is lauding Jenner for his "courage": In fact, it was a reckless move.

Well then, should we celebrate courage when people just play it safe instead?

bybee

Well then, should we celebrate courage when people just play it safe instead?

That would be celebrating "Play it safeness".

It is a matter of what strikes one as courageous is it not?
When a young person who has fought for his/her country attaches a prosthetic limb to replace one blown off by the enemy and then faces daily life I call that courageous.

shagster01

That would be celebrating "Play it safeness".

It is a matter of what strikes one as courageous is it not?
When a young person who has fought for his/her country attaches a prosthetic limb to replace one blown off by the enemy and then faces daily life I call that courageous.

That is courageous. So is a child speaking in front of a large crowd. It's a very broad word, isn't it?