toldailytopic: World Cup of soccer: who's going to win? Who are you rooting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So which is America more apathetic about: 'soccer', or Formula 1 racing?
soccer

Who doesn't like watching race cars? I'd watch F1 if it were on the internet, but Nascar does overshadow most of the car racing in the US since Mr. George sunk Indy car racing.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I missed the announcement the US was throwing together a team for the World Cup this year, so I missed there was a World Cup going on at all. Thanks for the thread so I know what's going on.

Let's see... Italy and Brazil in the final, and Brazil takes it. 10 or so years ago, which was the last time I realized a World Cup was going on, it's what I predicted. I think. Anyway, I'm not sure if the prediction was right back then, but I do think both those teams were in the World Cup, so I'll predict the same thing this year. Someone remind me when it's over and I'll check my prediction. Maybe in 10 or so more years there'll be another World Cup and maybe I'll remember this year's prediction - making this whole exercise a routine.

World Cups are every four years. :plain:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When is a door not a door? When it's ajar! :crackup:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
England's gonna win.

We've got Rooney!

:first:
I always thought Andy Rooney was very witty. But he isn't very logical. And he's really old. I don't think he's going to help England. In fact, I think he's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.