toldailytopic: Why did God create animals?

chair

It's bad because we were created to be stewards of God's creation.

It seems that you are the only person on thsi thread who has actually read Genesis, and has some idea of what it says.

Kinda of sad, considering how fast most of the Bible-thumpers are with a verse when it is a theologcal topic that is being discussed.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
A good point. :D Lets say as man keeps expanding it's cities and certain species go extinct. Should mankind make effort to not allow this to happen? A great deal of time, effort, and money was put forth to save the California Condor from extinction. In 1987 the remaining 27 wild California Condors were captured and placed in the Los Angeles and San Diego zoos. A captive breeding program was instituted and in 1991 the new young condors were released into the wild. As of today there are 394 California Condors with 181 in the wild. This conservation program was the most expensive conservation program ever. Was this the right thing to do?
Depends on the situation.
What was causing the condors to go extinct?

Some people seem to think that environmental concerns are just an extra thing. A nice thing to do if we happen to have time and money to spare. But nature isn't just something that exists next to us. We depend on it to a great extent.

Jared Diamond's books have been helpful to me in this area. Specifically "Collapse".

I can't speak to the specific example you gave but I do believe, in general, there are situations where it would be right.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe think about that. It always has been primarily the liberals who have promoted and supported public assistance programs for all ethnic groups, and it is the more liberal churches which support missionary programs in Somalia, Darfur, The Sudan, etc.

And it destroys them you flaming imbecile.