toldailytopic: What would the world be like if comic book Super Heros were real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardofOz

Sounds like the plot of the Watchmen movie. :)

:thumb:

I'd say Watchmen is about as accurate an idea of what the real world would be with super heroes living amongst us.

Just look at who the antagonist really is. It's not Adrian Veidt / Ozymandias as much as it is humanity as a whole. :think:

I would rule the world and do it without those funny masks and tights, all in the buff; they would call me Buffy.

Would you slay vampires?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
:thumb:

I'd say Watchmen is about as accurate an idea of what the real world would be with super heroes living amongst us.

Just look at who the antagonist really is. It's not Adrian Veidt / Ozymandias as much as it is humanity as a whole. :think:

Would you slay vampires?

No, I probably would just eat them with a dash of salt and pepper.:juggle:

grit

I think all superheros should kinda look like Quincy's avatar, but I can't really tell if it's wearing clothes or not. I think maybe it does have a big "S" on it's chest, or is that a cat holding an empty supper dish?

grit

My hero has a first name, it's K-t-o-y-o; my hero has a second name, it's u- b-u-f-f. Oh, I love to read her everyday and if you ask me why I'll say.... 'cause Ktoyou Buffy has a way with h-e-r-o d-n-a. :smile:

Well, it obviously needs a little work, but every superhero desrves their own jingle. Not that any can really match that one from that Darth guy with the black helmet.

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 10th, 2010 09:48 AM

toldailytopic: What would the world be like if comic book Super Heros were real?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Their not? Don't tell Lighthouse!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't recall making this suggestion. Was I drunk?

Therefore the super hero would be left with two options....

1. Flaunt his super powers and thumb his nose at normal men by stating.... "What are you going do about it??"

2. Hide his super powers and use them in a more secretive way so that he can live a more "normal" life.

What would you choose?
I would choose the latter if I had powers but would go with the former if a super villain ever rose up. Well, I wouldn't do it to thumb my nose at the gen pop.

Of course, that is only after today where I read an article about some issues people were having with superhero movies. Before that I would have been open about my powers, but I wouldn't wear tights, no matter how in shape I was [because I would be if I had super powers, especially the ones I would love to have]. I would disguise my true identity, though.

Stan Lee would probably wish me into a cornfield over dissing a basic lack of balance of powers in the Justice League of America, and that would be the end of me.
Stan Lee works for Marvel and the Justice League is owned by DC. Get it straight.:p

So you wouldn't dress like Wonder Woman, Black Canary or Silk Spectre? :think:
Have you seen what she looks like now?:eek:

Their not? Don't tell Lighthouse!
:rolleyes:

sdgareth

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 10th, 2010 09:48 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

We would be living in a comic book?

Hey maybe we are!

:juggle:

grit

Stan Lee works for Marvel and the Justice League is owned by DC. Get it straight.:p

LOL, I know, and the Fantastic Four was Stan Lee's answer to the Justice League. And the powers of wishing into a cornfield was from the "It's a Good Life" episode of the Twilight Zone originally based on a book by Drexel Bixby, who also wrote Star Trek's "Mirror, Mirror". That's the point of them all being real - kaos (a Get Smart reference I'm sure you'll recognise).

Aimiel

Bibleman would trick Squeaky into saying his name backwards, and he would 'poof' back to Bizzaro world. :chuckle:

zoo22

Huh? This question is worded strangely... It makes it seem as if superheroes aren't real.

Hold on, I'll be right back, I need to get my tights and cape out of the dryer...

Son of Jack

Huh? This question is worded strangely... It makes it seem as if superheroes aren't real.

:think: I was thinking the same thing...

Hold on, I'll be right back, I need to get my tights and cape out of the dryer...

I hope you used the delicate drying cycle. Otherwise, watch out for the shrinkage.:shocked:

Flipper

Much would depend on how many superheroes there were out there, and their geographic distribution. Also, how long have superheroes been around in this society, because cultural attitudes and historical roles would certainly affect present day beliefs and attitudes.

I mean, if you don't mind me sucking all the fun out of the idea with tiresome nitpicky details, that is?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
could it be that all super heroes are liberal?
All the ones in the actual comic books seem to be quite a lot of the time, even if they don't come right out and say it. Green Arrow is pretty open about his leftist ways, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.