toldailytopic: What opinion do you hold that would surprise others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selaphiel

Quincy said:
I believe in the paranormal and such oddities as the clarvoyant, because of experiences I've had.

Granite said:
Same here.:thumb:

I have to admit that you have sparked my interest. How about a topic on the paranormal where you elaborate a bit on this?

Quincy

I have to admit that you have sparked my interest. How about a topic on the paranormal where you elaborate a bit on this?

I'd be down with contributing to a thread like that maybe goes beyond opinion, that wouldn't derail this one.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Awesome! So what's your opinion on paranormal research, Granite? You have any interesting theories?

My opinion is that more of it should be done and that it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. Polite society didn't scoff at such things in the 19th century; I see no reason why we should be so completely skeptical in the 21st.

As for theories...I guess at this point I'm persuaded that the consciousness of a person, the soul if you will, does indeed persist beyond physical death. As you said though, I don't want to totally take this thread off the rails.

Quincy

My opinion is that more of it should be done and that it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. Polite society didn't scoff at such things in the 19th century; I see no reason why we should be so completely skeptical in the 21st.

That's pretty much my opinion as well, I don't think we can discount things like that given the size and potential of universe, and our meager understanding of it. Anything's possible, to an extent.

As for theories...I guess at this point I'm persuaded that the consciousness of a person, the soul if you will, does indeed persist beyond physical death. As you said though, I don't want to totally take this thread off the rails.

Seems logical to me, I also think perhaps someone's lifeforce can imprint or record onto their physical surroundings at death or through repetition. Interesting stuff, I'll make a thread about it and elaborate on my experiences in a bit, because I agree. It's all to easy to derail a great thread here. Got some work to do first though. :e4e:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Verse? I'm pretty sure that there's no verse in the Bible where Christ decries Obama and the Democrats.

I was waiting for someone to say that. God is a capitalist. :rolleyes:

So the two of you have never seen the Bible endorse the right to free exchange, and planning ahead for your future off the labors of your own back? And you have never seen the Bible say people should care for their own, and if a believer does not, is worse than an unbeliever?

Is that really your position?

Tico

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 12th, 2010 10:43 AM

toldailytopic: What opinion do you hold that would surprise others?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I´m not a fan of Tom Brady.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Something about me...

I want everybody to be saved, including granite and that homo pervert66.

Status
Not open for further replies.