toldailytopic: What is your favorite reality TV show(s) and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Graphite

It's strange, and never in a million years did we think we'd ever be fans, but my wife and I (especially her) have become fans of Orange County Choppers.

:zoomin:

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I think there are two kinds. Some are just modern day carnival freak shows. And so, as a modern day carnival freak, they just don't thrill me like they do other folks. Can't stand 'em.

Others, like Cake Boss, that Knight mentioned, are interesting and entertaining but even with them I always end up asking myself, "Isn't there something productive I should be doing right now?" And any TV show that leaves me asking myself that question just isn't doing its job as a TV show.

But then I just don't watch a lot of TV these days, and maybe because nearly everything on there gets that kind of response from me. I'll usually have one or two shows at a time that I actually know when they come on and make sure I'm front of the tube to catch them. Beyond that I'll just watch the news now and again, and usually only when I bored, have nothing to do and can't find anything in particular I should be doing. And even most of those times I'm here, on the interwebz.

Maybe it's just me but it seems the age of the boob tube is waning. I think the reality tv stuff is the beef jerky at the checkout counter. It's an impulse buy they're hoping will rope you back in on your way out. I, personally, spend more time on the computer. And even that takes up less time away from projects out in the real world, with real people, than you'd probably expect.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Good Eats is my favorite reality show. I have learned somethings I can actually use!

Project Runway is my daughters favorite but it disturbs me. I end up watching it out of morbid fascination.

Dirty Jobs and MythBusters are always fun and I liked Ice Road Truckers and Swamp loggers.

But I make it a point to only watch them when my chores are done so I don't feel quite so bad for the incredible waste of time.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
A bit like calling someone a N-bomb lover for watching the NBA. :plain: :shocked:
I was wrong. You're not a moron.:rolleyes:

Now go back to your Stan Lee Who Wants To Be A Super Hero rerun marathon. :D
Is that show even on anymore? It was horrible.

Umm, have you seen Heidi Klum? :Shimei: That's reason enough to watch that show. But it can be entertaining otherwise also.
You have really low standards.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Few things are less real than reality TV. I take great pride in not watching any of it.

:up:

At least in terms of the classification of reality shows that I know. Shows where you vote people out of existence because you don't like them, or some other way they are eliminated. But this does include the installed camera and scripted shows like Jersey Shore, Real Housewives of where ever and other garbage.

I didn't consider Mythbusters to be reality TV. Or Pawn Stars or similar shows. Mythbusters is ok, but some of it just tilts my head to the side as I think, who thought this might be true.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:up:

At least in terms of the classification of reality shows that I know. Shows where you vote people out of existence because you don't like them, or some other way they are eliminated. But this does include the installed camera and scripted shows like Jersey Shore, Real Housewives of where ever and other garbage.

I didn't consider Mythbusters to be reality TV. Or Pawn Stars or similar shows. Mythbusters is ok, but some of it just tilts my head to the side as I think, who thought this might be true.

I agree. The only Vote People Off the Show show that I like to watch is Top Shot on the History channel. I tend to get very annoyed with the vote off shows and avoid them completely, but my love for guns and shooting outweighs my hatred in this particular case.

Status
Not open for further replies.