toldailytopic: What do you believe is the most misunderstood thing about God and His

Jordan Fontenot

I think the most misunderstood thing about God and His word is the purpose behind Him and His word. Once we understand why He does what He does and says what He says we can be certain we are on the right track. Also a very important yet misunderstood topic is the fact that Christ is the only path in order to attain salvation.

Buzzword

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 29th, 2012 09:54 AM

toldailytopic: What do you believe is the most misunderstood thing about God and His word?

That our perceptions and understanding of both can and have changed over time, giving us a clearer picture of God and how He works.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That God encompasses all religions/lack of religion if one is sincere enough in what they believe and if they are a 'good' person.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
God and His Word? The strange concept that although God has always spoken directly to people He decided to stop doing that. Matthew 22:32. "He is not the God of the dead but of the living".

Funny, i always though He speaks to them through prophets and then through Christ, except on rare occasions (moses for example)

He didn't stop either, He gave us His word. Christ said it is finished.

Do you believe more needs to be done?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
God and His Word? The strange concept that although God has always spoken directly to people He decided to stop doing that. Matthew 22:32. "He is not the God of the dead but of the living".

Although I don't believe that there will be any more prophets. I do believe that God is now the God of the living.

His word is finished.

john w

Hall of Fame
Most misunderstood:That His central theme, goal, priority, in His book, "the volume of the book," is the salvation of man. It is not.

End of thread.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
People mistakenly believe God is omniscient and omnipotent.

Yikes!

And they do so according to faith in God's revelation and claims to
these attributes.

If one does not believe in an omniscient and omnipotent God, they do not believe in the God of the Bible at all.

Nang

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Most misunderstood:That His central theme, goal, priority, in His book, "the volume of the book," is the salvation of man. It is not.

End of thread.

Agreed.

God is most interested in bringing glory to His name.

Dena

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 29th, 2012 09:54 AM

toldailytopic: What do you believe is the most misunderstood thing about God and His word?

I would say one of the biggest misunderstandings is that the Bible is the literal word of the Divine of the entire Universe.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why would that be one of his top priorities? That's just downright petty. You really think God is like that?

Yes, I think that is God's greatest purpose, to bring glory to His name.

You are exhibiting unbelieving pettiness for thinking otherwise, IMO.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I would say one of the biggest misunderstandings is that the Bible is the literal word of the Divine of the entire Universe.

If you don't believe that the Bible is God's word, why do you use it? or don't you?

One Eyed Jack

I think the whole "God of the gaps" argument that atheists accuse Christians of is stupid. I don't believe God created the universe because I can't figure out any other way it could have happened. I believe God created the universe because He said He did. It's really that simple.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

End of thread.

Why would it be the end of the thread...because you have spoken?!

Oh....wait....you're joking. OK. Funny. haha.