toldailytopic: What are some of your favorite verses in the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps82

Hi Traditio,
You mentioned:
The verses about personal immortality have a very special meaning for me. "O Death, thou shalt die!"

I find that DEATH can die to also be very interesting.
God set up the process by which DEATH came into the world (as a response to Adam and Woman's sin)... so it is logical that HE can make that process void as well.

Yet, I do not think He will do away with the process until he has fulfilled His plans for it.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Genesis 17:17 I find comfort in that Abraham basically :rotfl: at the content of the promise made to him and got away with it. :D
:chuckle:

And Abraham is supposed to be an example of great faith. :eek:

Micah 6:8
Definitely a good one.

A couple others...

Psalm 121 has always been one of my favorites

Phil. 4:4-7

Mark 9:23-25

Phil. 2:5-9

John 13:34-35

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

‘The stone which the builders rejected

Has become the chief cornerstone.

This was the Lord’s doing,

And it is marvelous in our eyes’ ?

Matthew 13:31 31 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, 32 which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.”

Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your 5unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

John 8:19 Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?”

Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.”

John 8:31-32 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 lIf I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me,believe the works, that you may know and 6believenthat the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”

Galatians 2:16 knowing that a man is not 9justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Galatians 3:1-4 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you 1that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed 2among you as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so 3many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

Galatians 5:1-4 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is 2a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law;you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, butifaith working through love.

Ephesians 1:3-6 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself,according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He 1made us accepted in the Beloved

Ephesians 2:4-10 But God,who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together min the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them

Ephesians 3:1-7 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the 1dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.

Ephesians 4:20-24 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you but on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

2 Corinthians 5:21 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

2 Corinthians 6:14-16 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what 5communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God.

2 Corinthians 12:1-6 It is 1doubtless not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord: 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. 5 Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities. 6 For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me.

Philippians 1:19-26 19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I 4cannot tell. 23 5For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, 26 that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.

Colossians 1:9-18 9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and 3conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption 4through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Colossians 2:8-10 8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For kin Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

Colossians 2:16-23 16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a 1festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— 21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22 which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

1 Timothy 1:15-17 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 3:14-17 14 These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly; 15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,

Justified in the Spirit,

Seen by angels,

Preached among the Gentiles,

Believed on in the world,

Received up in glory.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Revelation 3:20

Keep knocking (1 Jn 4:3). :rolleyes:

False claim: Jesus is the spirit brother of Lucifer.

False teaching about the trinity (tri-theism: Jesus was a created being

and the Spirit-brother of Lucifer, who became a god.

Mormonism teaches that there are many gods and we too can become gods.)

See:

Mormonism

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
Ephesians 4:29-32 is a verse that is really speaking to me right now.

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

toldailytopic: What are some of your favorite verses in the Bible?

These are the verses that I remember really well, and put the in a small booklet form to carry around and give away.

Deuteronomy 33:27

Psalm 1:1-6, 23:1-6, 25:1, 42:11, 100:1-5, 103:1-5, 118:1, 118:5, 120:1, 121:1-8, 139:17-18

Isaiah 40:31

Jeremiah 17:7-8, 31:3

Lamentations 3:22-23

Jonah 2:7

John 14:1-3, 14:6

Romans 10:8-13

1 Corinthians 15:50-58

2 Corinthians 1:3-4, 4:16-18, 1:10

Colossians 2:14

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

2 Timothy 4:17

Hebrews 4:12, 4:16, 12:1-3, 13:5 (Deuteronomy 31:6, 31:8, Joshua 1:5)

Hebrews 13:8

Revelation 21:1-6, 22:20-21
Awesome! :roses:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Psalms 82:8 God is the promised ONE to come
Isaiah 43:11 God as LORD is the promised Savior
Exodus 24:9 Lord God appeared with HIS heavenly body and was seen.
Exodus 24:10
Exodus 24:11
Exodus 24:12
Exodus 34:5-6 The Lord revealed himself visually to Moses and introduced himself by NAME.
John 1:18 No one had ever before seen the presence of the LORD God manifested in mortal flesh as God, the Son... but John the B revealed his arrival.
Colossians 1:14-15 Lord Jesus, the divine Son, was manifested and appeared as the image belonging to LORD God having the essence of mortal flesh in order to die as our divine savior.

This takes us back to Isaiah 43:11 God as LORD is the ONLY savior.
:eek:

zoo22

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
This thread has been a true blessing to me tonight! Thanks to everyone who posted these wonderful verses.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Many shall be refined, purified, and tested, but the wicked shall prove wicked; none of them shall have understanding, but the wise shall have it.

Daniel 12:10 NAB

(some bibles do not use the word test)

csuguy

I have many favorite ones that I turn to for various debates. But there are some really nice ones that are more poetic than anything else. Here are a few:

Ephesians 6:11-18
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.​

1 Corinthians 13:11-13
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.​

2 Corinthians 4:8-9

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.​

sdgareth

Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Luke 1:37
For nothing is impossible with God.”

Status
Not open for further replies.