toldailytopic: To grandma's house you go? What are your Thanksgiving Day plans?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 23rd, 2011 09:59 AM

toldailytopic: To grandma's house you go? What are your Thanksgiving Day plans?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Krsto

We are having a warm spell so I gotta finish painting my house :(

Haven't figured out if we are doing dinner at my house or the in-laws. Not that it really matters, we live on the same cul-de-sac.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Just the wife and the kids, a turkey, a couple of home-made pies, and topping it off with all of us snuggled together watching White Christmas

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
A little horsing around in the morning (hopefully with the girls), making some green beans and then heading over to some in-laws to feast on turkey and taters.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I will get up early put a turkey in the smoker go back to bed, later head to the in-laws for food, wine , and merriment. When the tryptophan kicks in I will fall asleep in the in-laws easy chair to the background of a football game or two...:cloud9:

:turkey: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here at TOL! :turkey:

Buzzword

My wife's marinating a 5-pound roast overnight, then searing the flavor in and crockpotting it for 8 hours.
Mashed potatoes, cream-style corn, green beans, rolls, and a made-from-scratch apple crumble pie for dessert.

Gonna be surrounded by in-laws around here, since my wife's grandma finally consented to getting out of the house, and my father-in-law really doesn't have anywhere else to go on holidays (most of his family hasn't lived past 50).

Then my parents are coming into town on Friday for Thanksgiving Part 2.

Dena

I'm not entirely sure. Maybe my husband's aunt and uncle's in the afternoon, his Grandmother in the evening then on Saturday my family and Sunday, his parents. At any rate there isn't going to be any lack of family time.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: To grandma's house you go?
What are your Thanksgiving Day plans?

We get a double dose...
  • Thanksgiving day with our daughter/son-in-law and grand kids
  • Saturday again at our daughter's with our grandchildren and great grand daughter.
Two marvelous days for us.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Going to my fathers house where I am in charge of dessert. There will be 18 of us including Aunts, Uncles and friends. The dessert table will have six pies a cupcake tree with Cherry Chip and pink frosting cupcakes for the young granddaughters of my mom who is now at home with the Lord. A photo album with pictures of her with us and her grandchildren all through her life and whipped cream. I have a vision and the beginning of a tradition in memory of my Mom. I hope to add to the photo album each year.

Turkey and all the carbs allowed in one week will be served in one day.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is my first Thanksgiving in 21 years, that I'm going to be alone. I'm going to cook a turkey breast roast, candied yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and green bean casserole. In other words, I will have plenty of leftovers for at least a week's worth of sandwiches and casseroles and soups. :chuckle: Either that or I will have some very happy dogs this weekend.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nori, I wish you lived closer. We'd have you share it with us

Me too. :( When I told :jessilu: that I don't like being alone for Thanksgiving, she said, "Oh well!" and went on to start telling me what she wants me to send her for Christmas.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Me too. :( When I told :jessilu: that I don't like being alone for Thanksgiving, she said, "Oh well!" and went on to start telling me what she wants me to send her for Christmas.
:(

I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could say or do.