toldailytopic: Since coming to TOL I have learned that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
.....there's a lot of subjects where I agree with right wingers and fundamentalists.

....a lot about homosexuals, so much to the point where I'm convinced I'm straight.

....how serious some people can take what to me reads like fantasy fiction.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dispensationalists have got it all wrong.

There is no rapture, no antichrist, and no “Great Tribulation.”

I am grateful that after spending 15 years in a dispy church, there were TOL members that were patient enough to show me the errors of dispensationalism (A2D & MAD)

I have learned there are many stupid people that hate God and try to distort his word. Such as this clown right here, saying Jesus didn't really say there would be tribulation like never before, speaking of Jacobs trouble, from the book of Daniel.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
.....there's a lot of subjects where I agree with right wingers and fundamentalists.

....a lot about homosexuals, so much to the point where I'm convinced I'm straight.

....how serious some people can take what to me reads like fantasy fiction.

I think a great deal can be said for TOL to have accepted you as a member; no one can accuse TOL of not allowing strange folks on the forum.

As to being straight, you do know you would have to be with a woman?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
speaking of Jacobs trouble, from the book of Daniel.

Jacob's trouble is in Jeremiah

(Jer 30:7) Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I think a great deal can be said for TOL to have accepted you as a member; no one can accuse TOL of not allowing strange folks on the forum.

This is true. And there's some real weirdos here too.

As to being straight, you do know you would have to be with a woman?

Yes. it was kind of a joke about all the things said here about homosexuals that don't describe me or even most homosexuals that I know personally. Aside from that, you do know that I am actually bisexual and have been with a few women?

Arthur Brain

That when a person is not assembling with others, covenanting in membership within a visible church and submitting themselves to its authority, there is no limit to the perversions of God's Word that these persons will come up with.

Oh, and there are some who view TOL as a bully pulpit to feed their ego to be seen, asserting mindlessly without ever submitting themselves to a proper defense of their assertions.

AMR

Hmm. I can't say that membership of any given denominational church should have any particular bearing on whether a person's theology is 'perverse' or not. (You may not be blanketing all those who don't attend in fairness) I used to frequent a 'charismatic' church some years ago I refused to *submit* to its authority via some of the teaching because I actually thought it in error. The irony here is that one denomination will criticise another for errors in doctrine so membership itself isn't a yardstick in itself.

As to your second part, undoubtedly unfortunately. The same on any forum like this I would wager....

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Hmm. I can't say that membership of any given denominational church should have any particular bearing on whether a person's theology is 'perverse' or not. (You may not be blanketing all those who don't attend in fairness) I used to frequent a 'charismatic' church some years ago I refused to *submit* to its authority via some of the teaching because I actually thought it in error. The irony here is that one denomination will criticise another for errors in doctrine so membership itself isn't a yardstick in itself.

As to your second part, undoubtedly unfortunately. The same on any forum like this I would wager....

I think that post of his was based on two very different people

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I've learned that if I jump on a topic with guns blazing, then it's very difficult, if not impossible, for me to recognize an error I might be making. And if I'm in that position and start to see that I was too hasty, it's very difficult to humble myself and admit the possibility of being wrong.

:up:

I've learned it's better to ask more questions rather than less.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That when a person is not assembling with others,
I'd pay good money to see it attempted solo. :plain:
covenanting in membership
I thought we weren't supposed to covenant...my Bible thesaurus software is on the fritz. :poly:
within a visible church
Which, in fairness, is much easier to find.
and submitting themselves to its authority, there is no limit to the perversions of God's Word that these persons will come up with.
Which is why the Jews managed so well...I meant the Christian Scient...well...there's the Jehovah's Wit...the People's Temple? :think:

Oh, and there are some who view TOL as a bully pulpit to feed their ego to be seen, asserting mindlessly without ever submitting themselves to a proper defense of their assertions.
I'd tear this to pieces, displaying the vigorous wit I'm famous for, but I have a dozen threads to launch and about a minute to do it. :D

Obviously, having a go. Sorry for the interruption. :eek: I agree we must submit ourselves to the truth and that a man who only takes his own counsel has a fool for a mentor. :thumb:

:e4e:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
From Aimiel I have learned the meaning of patriotism.

From the Psalmist I have learned the meaning of serenity.

From Knight I have learned the meaning of good humor.

From Plastikbuddha, Arthur Brain, and the other skeptics I have learned the meaning of patience. :noid:

From Cattyfan I have learned that cats can provide endless amusement.

From BillyBob I have learned generosity and that it is possible to miss someone whom one has never met. I really wish he'd come back to TOL.

From Koban I have learned that one liners often are very funny.

From Kyotou (sp?) and Bybee I have learned that women can be very wise.

From Rusha and BabyChristian, in contrast with Kyotou and Bybee...never mind. :p

From Elohym and Granite I have gained a deeper sense of the possibility of comradery even across creeds and ethnic backgrounds. From Elohym in particular I have gained a deeper appreciation of marriage. I'll never forget the picture that your wife drew for you, Elo. You know the one: the one that you had as your avatar on TOL. I'm sure it has and still has a great deal of sentimental value for you.

From Evoken and Persephone I have gained a deeper sense of "gender confusion."

From Spitfire I have gained a deeper appreciation for just how ugly German is.

From Cruciform and Chrysostom I have learned just how concisely rude and pointless posts can be written.

From Barbarian and Dark Radiance I have gained a deeper sense of the term "Cafetaria Catholic."

From TomO I have gained a greater resolve and dedication to the pursuit of physical perfection. From TomO I have also learned that the mafia is but a myth designed to "defame hardworking Italian-Americans." :plain:

From Gerald I have gained a greater appreciation of the term "dark humor." :chuckle:

From Town Heretic I have learned that lawyers are but failed stand-up comics. :p

To most of you, and most of the regulars that I haven't mentioned: I appreciate you all, and you'd be sorely missed if you weren't around. :)

From all of the various people who joined only to be banned shortly after, I have gained a deeper sense of the term "futility."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...From Town Heretic I have learned that lawyers are but failed stand-up comics. :p
And I, for one, appreciate the education you've provided regarding a life lived without regular female companionship. :D I'd always wondered what that must be like.

And volley...:eek:

So, now that you have your degree in philosophy do you plan to ask people if they really want fries with that? :think:

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
I've also learned that an online community can do amazing things! (like pay for a wedding....)

Status
Not open for further replies.