toldailytopic: Should transsexuals be allowed to compete in a women's beauty pageant?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 27th, 2012 08:23 AM

toldailytopic: Should transsexuals be allowed to compete in a women's beauty pageant?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Miss Universe Canada Disqualifies Transsexual Contestant: She was Born a Boy

Miss Universe Canada officials have banned 23-year-old transsexual Jenna Talackova from participating in the pageant finals to be held in Toronto in May, 2012. The Vancouver contestant was one of sixty-five women chosen to compete in the national contest (which is owned by Donald Trump). The Daily Mail Reports that Denis Davila, national director of Miss Universe Canada, asserts that every contestant must be a "naturally born female." Critics of the decision claim that the rules do not specifically address sex change or plastic surgery.

read more

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Should transsexuals be allowed...

No.

...to compete in a women's beauty pageant?

Oh.

No. Two arguments.

One, he ain't a "women".

Two, that kind of major plastic surgery rather defeats the purpose. It's a beauty pageant, not a plastic surgery pageant.

And, really. A "human rights issue"? What human right is being denied here? :mmph:

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
What if they're born in Kenya?
Well it doesn't specify where they're naturally born. I suspect this beauty pageant has some rule or other specifying a geographical area in some way. Most do. :idunno:

Still, if this guy were to present his birth certificate as part of his qualification, I'd think the fact that he's male would be the sticking point regardless. :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No ... IMO, only individuals who have never been enhanced or changed via plastic surgery should be allowed to compete.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Sure. It's not like an Adam's apple is an advantage in the swimsuit competition. :plain:

Now if you'd said an athletic event, different story...though not about the Adam's apple. It's still a non factor. :thumb:

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame

Sure. It's not like an Adam's apple is an advantage in the swimsuit competition. :plain:

Now if you'd said an athletic event, different story...though not about the Adam's apple. It's still a non factor. :thumb:

...except that male transsexuals are not female.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Then they're going to really, really suck in the swimsuit competition. :idunno: I thought they typically have...adjustments on that front...so to speak. :plain:

Typically, assuming they've gotten that far in the process. Doesn't change the fact that they, and this guy in particular, are not female. Consider Cabinetmaker's point that they're just dressing up. How much do you have to "dress up" before you become another gender, TH?

Surnaturel

Lol, this thread is hilarious! Good stuff Knight :e4e:.

A transsexual is still a man, emasculated though he may be, so no.

An interesting question would be should a hermaphrodite, born with both sex organs, be able to compete on a beauty pageant. To this I would answer yes as it's the biology they were born with, although I'm still not sure how that really works lol.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes, but only if the politically correct homosexual judges that belittle Christians like Carrie Prejean for her stance on traditional marriage dress to fit the occasion.

Perez+Hilton+OMFB+Birthday+Party+PO1hLf5ISksl.jpg

Hilton1.jpg

http://www.uglymales.com/wc/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/16290034sh6.jpg

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Miss Universe Canada Disqualifies Transsexual Contestant: She was Born a Boy

Miss Universe Canada officials have banned 23-year-old transsexual Jenna Talackova from participating in the pageant finals to be held in Toronto in May, 2012. The Vancouver contestant was one of sixty-five women chosen to compete in the national contest (which is owned by Donald Trump). The Daily Mail Reports that Denis Davila, national director of Miss Universe Canada, asserts that every contestant must be a "naturally born female." Critics of the decision claim that the rules do not specifically address sex change or plastic surgery.

read more

No. This person and others like him should not be allowed to compete in this contest.

1. He's a boy.

2. He's a fag.

3. He had plastic surgery to make him look like a woman. :vomit:

4. The contest is a privately run contest and those running it have the right to exclude whomever they want.

5. The perverts have their own pageants anyways.

PureX

That's an obvious no.

Not a 'purebred' woman, and involves too much scientific enhancement.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No one should be allowed to compete in beauty pageants. :plain:

But to answer the real question, I'd think not. Though, one of the reasons to keep the contestants 'pure' is for fairness purposes and I tend to think a transexual would be at a disadvantage. Surgeons can't work that kind of magic. :nono: