toldailytopic: Romney vs Obama round one. Thoughts? Assessment?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
So . . . it is bias.

It is IMHO...It's hard to poll at 15% when you rarely included in the polls. Just the inclusion in polls is a serious advantage as it generates interest/questions about those being polled. The two party bias is so heavily ingrained in the electorate that it's nearly impossible to get started on a good footing to begin with, never mind the blatant procedural "rigging" which also happens in both parties to ensure the establishment's candidate is chosen. :plain:

Husband&Father

Romney was ready Obama was not. I got the distinct impression that Obama was ashamed of the economy he’s presided over for almost 4 years.

Really what is he going to say? Gas prices are up, food prices are up the debt and deficit are up, incomes are down, unemployment is up, ObamaCare is unpopular and it was rammed through, Green Energy is a bust and-on-and-on-and-on….

All that being said, Romney will disappoint conservatives at almost every turn because he is not a conservative, not socially, not fiscally. Win or loose, Mitt Romney is not the one we’ve been waiting for.

Selaphiel

It is IMHO...It's hard to poll at 15% when you rarely included in the polls. Just the inclusion in polls is a serious advantage as it generates interest/questions about those being polled. The two party bias is so heavily ingrained in the electorate that it's nearly impossible to get started on a good footing to begin with, never mind the blatant procedural "rigging" which also happens in both parties to ensure the establishment's candidate is chosen. :plain:

As an outsider, the fact that there is a political debate without the all political parties that are eligible for votes being represented sounds absurd. No wonder third parties remain small then, sounds like a vicious circle.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
As an outsider, the fact that there is a political debate without the all political parties that are eligible for votes being represented sounds absurd. No wonder third parties remain small then, sounds like a vicious circle.

The American People are being played...and a vast majority of them have no idea (or don't care). :plain:

Reality Check

PureX

Oromba
Posted by Lew Rockwell on October 4, 2012 07:42 AM
Yes, I actually watched the "debate" last night. It was even more boring and predictable than usual, as the two organized-crime chieftains expressed their faith in the State and its right to rule over us. But I was struck, as in the past, by Romney's potential to become the first formal American dictator. Or will they call him Augustus? With Obama, there's no there there. How nice to know that I do not need to vote for one of these men. How important not to endorse the bloody Keynesian empire that is wrecking us, and the world, by voting at all.
That pretty much says it. And says it pretty well, too.

Buzz

The American People are being played...and a vast majority of them have no idea (or don't care). :plain:
Looks like Obama has his work cut out for him. He only has four more years to completely destroy America before the Independents get their chance to save it, and yet the Independents are willing to help him do it by withholding their votes from Romney.

PureX

I have heard rumors of the possibility of a reform party being created by a combination of moderates from both of the current parties. Seems there are a number of legislators from both sides who have becomes disgusted by the gridlock and partisanship.

We'll see.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romney was ready Obama was not. I got the distinct impression that Obama was ashamed of the economy he’s presided over for almost 4 years.

Your impression of Obama is wrong. He got what he wanted with the economy. He is suppossed to start slow so Rachel Madow can later say he is now charging hard after his slow start. And now his poll numbers are going up. They will say it, whether it happens or not. You are watching a scripted play.

That and Obama is never ready to answer for his beliefs. He has to have a teleprompter or he will sink. And if you thought last night was ugly, wait until next week when the idiot of idiots Joe Biden is given an open mic against a genuine moderate and not a closet liberal.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Looks like Obama has his work cut out for him. He only has four more years to completely destroy America before the Independents get their chance to save it, and yet the Independents are willing to help him do it by withholding their votes from Romney.

:think: I've been holding my nose and pulling the "R" switch for a very long time. It hasn't accomplished anything. I've been hearing "Ohhh but we can't let the badder guy in...LOLZ Lesser of two evils...Just wait till next election, for so many election cycles I can't even begin to remember when the last time is that I actually voted "for" something.

This year I'm voting FOR.

The Republicans have no-one to blame but themselves. Bohnner got his procedural vote...now, he can choke on it for all I care.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I have heard rumors of the possibility of a reform party being created by a combination of moderates from both of the current parties. Seems there are a number of legislators from both sides who have becomes disgusted by the gridlock and partisanship.

We'll see.

Yep. :)

Buzz

It hasn't accomplished anything.
I disagree, and apparently so do you, because you posted a video that shows that people are tired of both parties, and Independents are making a move. That would have never happen if the liberals had stayed in power since '76, and will not bring sanity back to America if we give them just 4 more years. The fact is, conservatives are mostly crybabies who want what they want and they want it now, and will not be patient enough to strategically bring us where we belong.

drbrumley

I disagree, and apparently so do you, because you posted a video that shows that people are tired of both parties, and Independents are making a move. That would have never happen if the liberals had stayed in power since '76, and will not bring sanity back to America if we give them just 4 more years. The fact is, conservatives are mostly crybabies who want what they want and they want it now, and will not be patient enough to strategically bring us where we belong.

Wow, now conservatives are a bunch of crybabies.

Buzz, you can disagree till the cows come home for all I care, but like what TomO said, I also held my nose pulling that "r" lever and we still get garbage. When is enough "enough?"

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: I've been holding my nose and pulling the "R" switch for a very long time. It hasn't accomplished anything. I've been hearing "Ohhh but we can't let the badder guy in...LOLZ Lesser of two evils...Just wait till next election, for so many election cycles I can't even begin to remember when the last time is that I actually voted "for" something.

This year I'm voting FOR.

The Republicans have no-one to blame but themselves. Bohnner got his procedural vote...now, he can choke on it for all I care.

Well said, Tom.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

We'll see.
I'd love to see it...but I've seen a few fledgling attempts at it quickly become hijacked vehicles, so I don't know. It may take some more catastrophic failure to spark it.